Reviews for Oblivion
mrsl488 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Fascinating character study of one we know so little about. I think you have a tight grip on who Finn was. You were spot on with Sage as well, perhaps one of the least likable characters after Logan Fell. She was creepy from the beginning and such a dichotomy to have her calling on the Blessed Mother in the chapel. Talk about irony.
latbfan chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Finn and Sage were unknown blips who should've been interesting, only they weren't. I love how you took the precious little information we were given, Finn's self-loathing and Sage's "appetites," and made sense of why they came to be, why he didn't come for her even though she'd waited 900 years for him. Unrequited love is king, I suppose, at least in MF, and I appreciate your artful efforts to flesh them out. Thanks!
afanoftvd chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Wow,I think this makes me like them even less. It's frustrating to watch Finn engage in superficial acts of penance without changing his true nature. Despite his protestations he is no different from his siblings, so easily beset by temptations. And his final act with the dagger was another moment of weakness. He didn't even have the courage to end the monster he created.
siberia21 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Now this is something I would love to see on TV show. Cant say I liked Finn, but its just because he didnt get the opportunity to show anything, I did like Sage, she could have been great but the same goes for her - I thought it was waste of potential of two characters that could have been interesting when they started evolving and died in one episode. Your story definitely fills the gap that was left for these two and I love it. So, thank you for sharing. (I OWN you 8 reviews for "Breaking Point" which is really special and became one of my fav fics of all times and Ill get to it eventually but in the meantime I had to say at least something after reading the newest chapter of Consumed that got me blown away! Sorry for my broken English, I hope this makes any sense.) THANK YOU!
RitzyStriker chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I loved this, but I never liked Finn or Sage. This story is amazing and I hope you write more chapters for it.
Shannon E chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
I... well... hmm... I guess that does help kind of make some sense out of things. I'm with you, though. Finn is kind of a bore. And while I liked Sage in '1912', she was way too obsessed with Finn. All I could think was, 'Lady, after 900 years, you need to move on already.' (I thought the same thing about Damon pining away for Katherine for 150 years too.)

I liked the idea you had about Sage as the defender of the town. I could imagine her as a warrior. LOL, my brain imagined Sage dressed like Mulan, at first. After I talked myself out of that, I finally settled on seeing her kind of like Zoe from Firefly. This is equally incorrect for the period, but I decided I liked it anyway. ;)
niya94 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
A vampire monk. What can I say? I loved it.

I found it a little OOC though, Finn didn't seem *that* moral to me, but yet we saw so little of him that it could easily have been like that.

I liked it very, very much. You made me enjoy two characters I genuinely despise and a theme I'm not very fond of. I think the reason for that is that I saw where he was coming from, why he turned to religion. I loved the Sage/Finn interaction and the tragedy of Sage's inevitable corruption and wickedness after he turned her.

I think the show needs more 'righteous' characters. No matter what they do and how good they are, at the end of the day they're still vampires. I want to see a more developed moral dilemma. I got a little disappointed that making the vampire race extinct was immediately discarded. I get that Elena doesn't want to lose Caroline, Stefan or Damon, but isn't it in humankind's best interest? Don't get me wrong, I don't want my favorite characters to die, but I'm siding with Bonnie on this one. It should be considered by some of the characters at least.

Thank for that glimpse into Finn's possible reasons to be who he was.
Samantha-Chelsea chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I really love your idea, although I was not happy when they died. it fits perfectly to the storyline and is creative yet realistic. My favourite part was Finn's prayer. Normally I don't like people who just tell themselves how bad they are but to Finn it fits perfectly.

Great work!
tukct81 chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I never thought it would be possible for me to care about the story of two such terribly developed characters, but somehow you managed it. I think I liked your comments at the beginning the most. I was so glad when they died too! This story was actually heart felt and tragic. Amazing job.