Reviews for Where She Belongs
DragonOwl chapter 1 . 2/4
Wow... This is sad, but beautiful. I love it.
Gianne chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I cry every time I read this story. It is so sweet and yet so sad, and it is so much like my own life that I can only now understand why my dad keeps telling me he's missed me when I'm home from college.
Nicole Riordan Rowling chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Beautiful!
BlameNargles chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Oh my gosh, I love this! I've read it so many times before and have somehow never reviewed. The relationship between Hermione and her father is brilliant, and somehow, even though we never find out very much about Hermione's family, I still feel that Mr Granger is 'in character'. The line used in the summary, 'He'll never be a part of his daughter's world again.' captured my interest immediately, because it's just such a beautiful and emotional sentence. Probably my favourite story about Hermione and her her parents :)
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
:) I like it.
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
I loved this! It really fit the story well, and it makes sense that Hermione would have a connection with her dad. It was also really well-written. Good job!
MysteriousMissSirius chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
aw that was so cute! I love how you portray her parents! :)
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
OH GOD - this was so sad. Love it
Kicon chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This was so heartbreakingly beautiful. I loved every minute of it. I really like the way you portrayed Mr. Granger, and the depth you gave a character that we've barely seen )
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Aww, this was perfect! I love any story that takes a glance at Hermione's family because we see so very little of it in the books. However, too often I come across Dr. Granger written as an overprotective nut who hates the magical world for stealing his little princess. I really enjoyed that he was just a regular dad in this (well, as regular as you can be when you're daughter's a witch, anyway,) but most of all, I loved that he knew she would be okay. He was protective and concerned about her, of course, but he knew how smart she was and that she'd be okay. It was a lovely way of showing why Hermione was so confident and sure of herself; she clearly had a supportive father who believed in her.

The bit about Hermione sort of "bridging" the magical and Muggle worlds was a superb detail; it's actually something that could apply to all Muggleborns, really. They really are the only ones, aside from a few exceptions, who get to fully experience life in both worlds.

All in all, another lovely piece from you! Thanks so much for taking the challenge!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This is really sweet! I think that Hermione is extremely in-character, and you've done a great job with her. You also characterized Mr. Granger very well, also, and his feelings about Hermione and the Wizarding world are very realistic. I didn't notice any spelling or grammar mistakes, either. Although this was short, you did an excellent job showing this little moment in time. It was very well-written, and I really liked it. I really liked the part where you mentioned Hermione being the bridge between the Muggle and Wizarding worlds - that makes a lot of sense for a Muggle-born like her. Overall, great job!
ceville143 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I've always wondered about the relationship between Hermione and her parents. This was really awesome! Great job.
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
What a lovely, poignant, bittersweet little story. So well written too, many thanks.

Oriondruid, (John).
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Woah. There is something so powerful in this. You truly wrote justice to Mr Granger and Hermione. It was the perfect little rally between them. And the characterization! Fabulous. Just like a /real/ parent. I just got into a fight with my dad, so this really brings me home. I like that :)