Reviews for A Raven's Story
jensteed chapter 3 . 10/9/2014
It's hardly any easier for me to read a story about his passing on after a full loving life than the abrupt cruel demise he was originally granted but the letters are fantastic. I think it's a beautiful way for them to get to know each other without the awkwardness and certainty of one (Severus) or the other (...probably still Severus again) lashing out and saying something hurtful that they'd regret instantly. They can both truly think about what they mean to say and how they want to treat each other. It's a type of therapy or counselling in a sense for him, putting his past in perspective and seeing that he won't be judged.
Plus I just plain old love letter writing, it's such a pity that it's becoming rarer nowadays.
jensteed chapter 2 . 10/9/2014
Well don't I just feel like a crappy fan now? I set this to my favourites aaaages ago because I didn't have the time to read more than a page or so and I didn't want to forget about it...guess who forgot to come back :(
But on the plus side I get to read more awesome (technically) new stories today :)
Diosa Luna chapter 16 . 5/25/2014
Hermoso
Jamelia098 chapter 16 . 3/31/2014
SO SAD! i'm quite literally sobbing.
i wish you hadn't killed off one of their kids though
Thanks for writing it :)
furface294 chapter 16 . 3/2/2014
The BEST letter story I have read in FF
MoonlightPr1ncess chapter 16 . 2/11/2014
That was probably the best story I've read thus far. I am in tears and feel like my heart has broken. You captured love and put it into words. I hope to read more from you. Thank you.
Dimac99 chapter 16 . 2/9/2014
I can't stop sobbing and I'm running out of hankies. I don't know how Hermione forgave Severus for his behaviour after struan's death, but I'm so glad she did. Simply a beautiful love story, in the truest sense.
Dimac99 chapter 10 . 2/9/2014
I was so excited when you used the name Struan, it is my favourite boys' name and I'm always trying to persuade pregnant friends to use it (as I will not be having any children myself). Now I'm sitting here in floods of tears; the Snapes' loss is palpable. But I'm not sure how Hermione can forgive Severus for taking their other children. It's unbelievably cruel not only toward her, not even mostly toward her, but for the innocent children to be used as pawns when their parents are at war. Soulmates? I think not - not at this point.
Trelweny Rosephoenixwolf chapter 16 . 2/5/2014
Wow... You really did cover the whole gamut, didn't you? You did a wonderful job and I'm very impressed. There's so much I could say but coming to the end it feels like my hands are nearly as choked up as my throat from tears. For me it's not so much reading about the aged deaths of beloved characters (though the death of the young son was ever-so-much more painful) but the sadness of envy for what Severus and Hermione shared. Is it pathetic to envy fictional characters, especially FANfictional characters? I certainly don't envy either of them their canon fates...

I must digress ere I become too maudlin.

Wonderfully done. In my opinion you succeeded in the literary style of letter writing. Your title-chooser very aptly created a unique name that fit in an understated way.

When did Crookshanks pass? I don't think we heard much if any of him between when Poe dive-bombed him until the raven was buried beside him (beautiful burial by the way).

Must say I felt blind-sided at the last reading of Harry with a partner and Ginny with Draco. Not that I'm against either, just there had been no hint of it before. Here I am teary over everything else and knowing Hermione's likely going to follow Severus soon and reading that had me blinking, blinking again, then rereading the lines over again. Blind-sided, I tell you!

Thanks so much for writing.
mysinger chapter 16 . 1/10/2014
This story was indescribably beautiful. Thank you.
mysinger chapter 12 . 1/9/2014
Good chapter! I liked their conversation after Honour's birth. Sweet.
mysinger chapter 10 . 1/9/2014
This chapter was heartrending. I am so mad at Severus right now. I could see his character holding onto a grudge and empathize with his pain, but I don't see how Hermione would be able to get past his cruelty in taking their children from her. He has some serious grovelling to do. Well done! You have a real gift to make us feel the pain of your characters so intensely.
littlemisselvee chapter 16 . 10/14/2013
Very, very good. I enjoy the letter stories, too, but this is certainly the best I've read to date. Thank you.
CRMediaGal chapter 16 . 7/10/2013
This story was exquisite. Thank you for this. It was immensely comforting and warm and, most importantly, filled with love.
CRMediaGal chapter 10 . 7/10/2013
This chapter ripped my heart out. Ripped, wrenched, tore it to pieces. I think this chapter is about as close to physical pain when it comes to the emotional despairs of SSHG as it gets. I commend thee. (But I also wanna reach through my computer and shake you. Did I just admit that? Well, it's YOUR fault, woman!)
252 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »