Reviews for A Raven's Story
Dimac99 chapter 10 . 2/9/2014
I was so excited when you used the name Struan, it is my favourite boys' name and I'm always trying to persuade pregnant friends to use it (as I will not be having any children myself). Now I'm sitting here in floods of tears; the Snapes' loss is palpable. But I'm not sure how Hermione can forgive Severus for taking their other children. It's unbelievably cruel not only toward her, not even mostly toward her, but for the innocent children to be used as pawns when their parents are at war. Soulmates? I think not - not at this point.
Trelweny Rosephoenixwolf chapter 16 . 2/5/2014
Wow... You really did cover the whole gamut, didn't you? You did a wonderful job and I'm very impressed. There's so much I could say but coming to the end it feels like my hands are nearly as choked up as my throat from tears. For me it's not so much reading about the aged deaths of beloved characters (though the death of the young son was ever-so-much more painful) but the sadness of envy for what Severus and Hermione shared. Is it pathetic to envy fictional characters, especially FANfictional characters? I certainly don't envy either of them their canon fates...

I must digress ere I become too maudlin.

Wonderfully done. In my opinion you succeeded in the literary style of letter writing. Your title-chooser very aptly created a unique name that fit in an understated way.

When did Crookshanks pass? I don't think we heard much if any of him between when Poe dive-bombed him until the raven was buried beside him (beautiful burial by the way).

Must say I felt blind-sided at the last reading of Harry with a partner and Ginny with Draco. Not that I'm against either, just there had been no hint of it before. Here I am teary over everything else and knowing Hermione's likely going to follow Severus soon and reading that had me blinking, blinking again, then rereading the lines over again. Blind-sided, I tell you!

Thanks so much for writing.
mysinger chapter 16 . 1/10/2014
This story was indescribably beautiful. Thank you.
mysinger chapter 12 . 1/9/2014
Good chapter! I liked their conversation after Honour's birth. Sweet.
mysinger chapter 10 . 1/9/2014
This chapter was heartrending. I am so mad at Severus right now. I could see his character holding onto a grudge and empathize with his pain, but I don't see how Hermione would be able to get past his cruelty in taking their children from her. He has some serious grovelling to do. Well done! You have a real gift to make us feel the pain of your characters so intensely.
littlemisselvee chapter 16 . 10/14/2013
Very, very good. I enjoy the letter stories, too, but this is certainly the best I've read to date. Thank you.
CRMediaGal chapter 16 . 7/10/2013
This story was exquisite. Thank you for this. It was immensely comforting and warm and, most importantly, filled with love.
CRMediaGal chapter 10 . 7/10/2013
This chapter ripped my heart out. Ripped, wrenched, tore it to pieces. I think this chapter is about as close to physical pain when it comes to the emotional despairs of SSHG as it gets. I commend thee. (But I also wanna reach through my computer and shake you. Did I just admit that? Well, it's YOUR fault, woman!)
CRMediaGal chapter 9 . 7/10/2013
Oh my goodness! That ending! :( *sob sob sob* How utterly devastating. In many ways, that mere description is enough: that they went into seclusion. I don't think I could bear to read about it in great detail.

Really enjoying this story. It's heartwarming and lovely.
CRMediaGal chapter 5 . 7/10/2013
...He asks her out, yes? He'd better ask her out. He *has* to ask her out. Damn it! Off I got to find out!
CRMediaGal chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
You know, I had started to read this ages ago and I have no idea what came up, but its been on my Reading List and I've been wanting to get back to ever since. This first chapter was so intriguing (and heartbreaking in many ways, knowing Severus is gone and Hermione will soon be leaving, too.)

Great start! Off I go to the next chappie! :)
roni2010 chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
love it..
roni2010 chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
great plot.. looking forward to finding what going to occur next.. I have also read other stories written thru letters and I have love them!
BearyFunny66 chapter 16 . 6/18/2013
Absolutely amazing story! I'll admit, the ending made me cry!
ksmith092 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever completely broken down into tear whilst reading a fanfiction piece. You managed to eloquently portray the characters and the vast range of emotion each experienced. You have truly managed to "ensnare the senses" with this story. I thank you for that.
260 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »