Reviews for Snapshots of a Life
4everBooth chapter 1 . 1/17
Haven't read a Castle fanfic for ages! Why? Well who really needs it watching the series! ;) This was recommended to me and...wow! Beautiful and sad, so heartachingly good. Thank you!
Holly chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Ughhhhhhh I haven't read this in ages and I was going through my faves and wanted to reread and I forgot how much this one totally destroys me! I love it so much and I can't help but picture Ava even though this was pre AVA days. (See even my phone gets excited and caps AVA haha). But truly this is such an amazing story. The 100 word limits make it so striking. Like every single section just cuts through you whether it's funny or nostalgic or romantic or hot (hot tub sex in the hamptons yes please!) you are so incredible at this. Never ever ever think anything else!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
This story was incredible (except their daughter's names)
veritas-always chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
This was beautiful and I'm close to sobbing because that ending hurt my heart, but their life is beautiful and all I want is the show to go on long enough to see all of these scenarios play out.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
I told myself I wasn't going to cry so of course I did! That was so beautiful. Thank you for writing this.
M12151 chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
Just found this through castlefanfics on Tumblr. Wonderful story, excellent writing. Thank you so much for writing.
CarolinaDawn chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
I think this is one of the most beautiful stories I've read. And no, that is NOT tears in my eyes at the ending. Definitely not. Nope. I swear. Someone must be chopping onions.
Eslssl chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Wow! These are amazing. What a clever way to grab our attention and make the point. Then move on to another seminal event in their lives. How the love they share together, and with their family, endures and grows.
Really like how you named and portrayed their child.
Memorable ending, and probably how it will really be.
Thank you for sharing this.
GuppyintheOcean chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
This is beautiful and funny and heartbreaking all in one. I'm drained, in a good way.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
oh my god! this was a FANTASTIC read! holy cow!
i loved loved LOVED this story and concept.
it was super sweet throughout and the final snapshot actually made me cry. and just so you know, i've NEVER cried over a fic before. you got me.
wow wow wow.

i happened to stumble across this fic because it was in someone's favorites. and i'm so happy that i did. such a beautiful story. i can't even stop telling you how much i loved this. thank you so much for writing and sharing it.
Brandy chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Just stumbled upon this marvelous piece of fanfiction. Literally brought me to years. Excellent.
GT500RonSmith chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
This was really quite lovely. So much happiness in their life together. And still, even knowing that life inevitably ends with death, I came to tears at Castle's passing! I am so eat up with this stuff!
blue252 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Ok I'm gonna do this review a little differently since they're divided up and I want to comment on them each so I'll number:

1. I LOVE this. Like maybe she's a little nervous but she's still Beckett and she's a cop and of COURSE she points that out. And his reaction from back then because he's still cocky and confident (and I'm picturing thin, sexy Castle) but he also changes it from there on bc he cares about getting it right. Ugh. LOVE.

2. For some reason, he can't let her go. -GROSSLY SOBBING.
"He stares at Beckett until the sunlight causes him to blink. The chill in the air is replaced with heat.
Heat."- You are brilliant.

3. It's in the back of the ambulance that night he says always like nothing else matters.
She considers that maybe nothing else does.-Damnit, Jess! I'm only 3 frames in. I'm not going to make it! I really really love how these are in 100 words. It's so powerful this way.

4. Three years together filter through him as if he's the one who's dying.-Ugh. I can so picture this.

5. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Also, I love the arbitrary number: 8:07 p.m. I like little details like that.

6. "I'm not pinky swearing, Castle."
"Just do it. Please."
Their arguing resumes as if nothing has changed at all. - This reminds me of him asking her to say "I ain't afraid of no ghosts" which is one of my favorite lines/eps in S4. Just do it for me...please. And I love that last line there about their arguing.

7. I love that he doesn't know it's her. That's so much more realistic to me than people always writing him remembering her or some elaborate story like we've talked about. But again, I love that he changed it.

8. Since the moment they've met, she's saved him.-oh fml. this entire one. just made me a teary.

9. PROPOSALLLLLLLLL!

10. He doesn't know how to let her go. -oh gosh. so many feels about this. i miss their relationship and the father/daughter stuff always makes me think of my dad too. and leaving for college. ugh feels.

11. "Lollipop?" He holds one out to her. "You can dip it in vodka if you want."
She can't help it. He's won.
She laughs. -hahahah omg i love that so much. and i'm with castle on the vodka. :)

12. hahaha oh geez Castle!

13. :( johanna. Fifteen years feels like minutes.-That line is so good.

14. "Never." The light goes out. "Maybe Espo."-awww this makes me sad even though it's light. wait, not the quote but the idea of him leaving but he totally would for the kid. back to the line (i feel add rn sorry) it makes me laugh.

15. On the bed beside her, Castle holds their child. Fingers laced with five tiny ones.- omg this KILLS me. aside from baby costumes, tiny baby hands/feet are like my baby weakness. And she CAVED!

He bends down to whisper in Nicole's ear; a secret. "See how violent your mommy is, Nikki?"
She falls in love all over again. -I love this.

16. It's so funny I'm reading this picturing Ava. Bc Ava is their child now. Personal headcanon.

17. Hamptons hot tub sex. kmn. This is perfect.

18. After four hours of a mocking blank page and a blinking cursor, he gives up.-worst feeling ever. poor babies.

19. "It doesn't matter who or what he writes next. You'll always be his inspiration."-was NOT prepared for the feels from this. you know how much i adore martha. KATHERRRINEEEEE. This is just beautiful. I love it so much.

20. Next to him, Castle notices the flash of sadness that crosses Kate's face.
Underneath the table, he grabs her hand and squeezes.-Aww, geez. I love them so much. And Jim! And their whole stupidly beautiful family.

21. "Skipping over some of it. Too many intimate moments I definitely don't need to know. He's actually like really good."-AVAAAAA

22. "Thank you," he whispers.
"For what?"
"Understanding."
She wishes she didn't.
Kate tightens her grip. "Always." -I love that she understands but it doesn't make it any easier. I also really love the imagery in this one. Picturing the storm outside and them by the window. Gorgeous.

23. Haha I love this one. Again with their stupidly beautiful family.

24. Upstairs, he hears Kate rummaging around. "When you marry your best friend."
"Life isn't one of your books, Dad. Most people aren't like you and Mom."
"You wait, Shorty. You settle for nothing else."
"What if it takes too long?"
"It'll be worth every second. I promise." -FEEEEEEELSSSS

25. "You're really hot. I wasn't letting that go."
"So that's all I've been?"
The grin threatening his lips breaks. "That's all." -they are so perfect. idk how many times i can tell you how flawless your dialogue is but i'm putting it out there again :)

26. UGHHHH LOVE the idea of him going through old stuff. I love going back through old notebooks. This is just great. All the memories.

27. omg. F YOU JESS. Why didn't I think about the fact that it'd end with this? I want to cry at how beautiful this one is and it breaks my heart. AND IT'S IN THE HAMPTONS. KAFLKAKDJFKA at all of it.

This whole thing was amazing and I'm so glad I finally read it. I didn't want it to end. You are so freaking talented.
The Pianist's Touch chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I love you so much right now. This story is everything Caskett should be. Just perfection-beautiful, really.
ninabambina chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
oh goodness, this story... how - how even?
it's beautiful.