Reviews for Bitter Fruits
yorkielover123456789 chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Techie, I just love how you write. Every single story I have ever read by you has always managed to move me to laugh, cry or feel however you want me too. This is one of the stories that really exemplifies that and touches my heart, and I feel that it is written absolutely beautifully. I hope to read more (I know, you've written many, MANY stories but I can't help it!) of your Batman universe and someday, write as well as you. ;
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This was excellent. Great use of vocabulary, and a nice look into Jonathan's unhappy childhood, and you wrote his mentality as a child very believably. That part with the ice cream was very touching, especially since young Crane probably didn't have very many happy moments in his life. Karen Keeny was interesting here, too, and quite sympathetic. You expanded nicely on her character, and her relationship with Crane was sad, too, especially the little anecdote of her hugging him and telling him that she was sorry and that he'd understand why she left later. Granny was suitably callous here, telling young Jonathan that this happy moment was in his imagination and that no one could love him.

The end was a nice nod to The Long Halloween, and a suitably chilling end to the story, especially the contrast between young Crane earlier in the story and his murderous older self strangling Karen. It's a very ironic ending. Excellent work.
Fell4 chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
How terribly sad. I wonder... why she came at all that day.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
...I know they say payback's a bitch, but that's taking it a bit far don't ya think? :) Good story!
-Zeny
Lady Pocketmouse chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
awww poor Scarecrow :( reading fics like this, I just want to give him a hug. Then I regain my senses and realize that Jonathan Crane probably doesn't do hugs. I feel like anyone who tried would get a strong dose of fear toxin as punishment...Anyway, love the story! I love stories like this that give characters so much more depth than a single comic likely would. Thanks for another awesome story!
Twinings chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Well, you know how I feel about this one.

There's something adorable about him eating vanilla.