Reviews for Override
Everlight18 chapter 11 . 2/1
I wasn't sure about this one at first but you won me over. Cannot wait for the next installment. Originally I thought you were just writing the anime exactly, then I started noticing the slight differences. The changes are great and very believable. You capture the characters perfectly, in fact probably the best I have seen yet (and I have seen just about everything.) for this anime. Hope that you have the time to update. Thank you for the great story.
Kitsune Vi Britannia chapter 11 . 8/28/2014
are you going to continue this

hey can any one make a kai get a psyqualia too
Sailor Pandabear chapter 11 . 8/14/2014
Interesting
Blackwing-Darkraven chapter 11 . 7/25/2014
long time no read on this -pats-
Hakase Fudou chapter 11 . 7/25/2014
The beginning gives me so much despair, no matter how many times I read it. Incredible. (You have a big storm coming, Aichi. /smacked)

Well, I figured since it's been a while, I expected Chapter 11 to be nothing less than amazing. Expectation has been met and exceeded. What I particularly like about this chapter, besides all the foreshadowing and parallels and symbolism (especially with the whole "And I had a friend in Middle School who played royal Paladin too; though he had a crucial card missing" goodbye) because I live on that stuff, was the balanced focus on Miwa, Misaki, and Kamui as far as their reactions and their conclusions on what's happening with Aichi. Especially given the current state of affairs in the anime, it's a breath of fresh air. Really great job there.

And the pacing was great too. Not one section felt unnecessarily dragged out, which is always nice.

The next chapter looks like it's going to be despair-filled. Oh boy. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it! Again great job on this one! (:
Sailor Pandabear chapter 10 . 2/1/2014
cool
Subsonic chapter 10 . 10/11/2013
I am very happy with the direction of this fan fiction. Keep up the great work! :D
Hakase Fudou chapter 10 . 10/11/2013
Why are there no reviews for this chapter? What is this? I mean, I know it's taken me this long to read and review because of school and stuff, but sheesh.

The chapter was a bit long, yes, but well-written. The way Aichi's characterization is scaring me a bit, considering I'm starting to see where you're going to go with it, but that's much better than being passive when reading a story. But, given I just caught up on Vanguard yesterday, meaning I finished the Kamui vs Reverse!Gouki mini arc, my favorite part of the chapter has gotta be the Kamui vs Gouki match. The flashback you provided to explain the significance of the fight for Kamui is absolutely great.
On that tangent, though, I just realized a parallel between Kamui and Aichi. Both of them were bullied as kids (in Override), both saved to an extent by Vanguard. Kamui, however, has developed more confidence in himself since while Aichi is on and off again in terms of confidence.

I realized you've finished planning for the first "season" and you're already onto Asia Circuit hen, but if you do something with this parallel in this fic, that would fantastic. Especially since Kamui needs a bigger role in Vanguard related things anyway.

It's been a while since I've read anything of yours, and this was definitely a nice refresher. Good luck with university, and please update when you can! (:
Guest chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
I like what you have done with this fan fiction. :D I don't really have much to complain about. Keep up the great work!

Brilliant Comet
Overlord Duelist chapter 8 . 1/24/2013
Hmm, it has the potential for a really good story, but your knowledge in Vanguard in contrast to Yu-Gi-Oh is quite plain (I noticed several misplays such as guarding for one trigger to pass frequently...)

Other than that, I think this seems solid.
Hakase Fudou chapter 8 . 1/12/2013
Okay, I literally looked at the word count when I saw this in my inbox, and I was like, "WHAT is exactly in this chapter to make it so long and so many words?"
I understand now.

I guess I wasn't quite as involved in this chapter as I was in previous chapters. I don't know. I think the ginormous text walls of description of the units are starting to get to me. I mean, I know I have the liberty to skip those sections, but somehow, I can't. It's almost that if I skip those sections, I haven't read the chapter. But I guess that's really my only complaint so far. I understand you have been describing cards for duels in YGO fanfics and units in Vanguard fanfics for quite some time. While I understand you want the reader to envision every little detail, sometimes, I feel some (not all) of them are unnecessary. Of course, this is coming from someone who's lived by "If the dialogue or description doesn't move the plot along, don't even bother" for quite some time. I've been meaning to say that for a while now, but I just never got around to it.

That aside though, interesting developments you've started with these card fights. I like how you've organized the card fights in a way that benefits the other members of Q4. If that makes any sense. And I especially like how Shin's thoughts, more or less, are a huge part of what's going on as well. Certainly a nice emphasis on the power of the mind.

And let's not forget the amusing antics of the peanut gallery. I felt like I was in the stands with them, it was that well done. I could certainly imagine very well not only their dialogue, but their movements as well. Great job with that. (:

Next chapter though . . . Oh dear. If the person Kamui's hiding from is who I think it is, I bet I'm going to facedesk a million times next chapter. I CAN SEE IT NOW.
Tsukuyomi-chan chapter 7 . 12/31/2012
Well, that was a great chapter! So far, I'm just scared about the whole Alfred thing, and the scary moment when he lost! Why didn't anyone else see it!
Hakase Fudou chapter 7 . 12/30/2012
WHAT THE EVER LIVING FUDGE?
Pretty much my reaction to this chapter. Deal with it.

On a serious note, this was a pretty . . . "gory and realistic" chapter, to say the least. But before I get to that, let me just throw out a prediction that may or may not make sense. So, the whole scene where Aichi is all, "Did you see . . . anything outside the usual when Alfred was destroyed?", and everyone else was like, "Nope." had me thinking.

If a person with Psyqualia projects his or her image of victory onto their opponent, no one else can see that image outside of those two.

So, my prediction, or statement rather, is that particular scene, from the end of Aichi's fight to where he runs off to the bathroom (and even after), is one of the beginning stages of Psyqualia entering Aichi's mind. Especially since I also think that image Aichi saw was what's happening on the Planet Cray at the moment. Not saying Minami has Psyqualia (since he didn't see that gruesome image either, I don't think), but after witnessing that gruesome scene through Aichi's point of view, that has got to be Psyqualia at work. Even if blasted Ultra-Rare doesn't see it.

With that out of the way though, this fanfic is going to kill me emotionally one of these days. Between the vivid imagery and suspense, I don't think there was one moment where I actually sat comfortably in my chair while reading this. I was literally sitting straight up, probably eyes open most of the time without blinking, waiting to see what was going to happen next as I read. I haven't been this heavily involved while reading a fanfic for a while, so kudos to you for that.

And I already threw out my prediction about Psyqualia, but I'm starting to really get concerned for Aichi now. The poor kid. He really needs to get his self-esteem in check at this rate, or the tournament's gonna end REAAAALLY badly for Q4. In more ways than one. Especially since I think his self-esteem IS the reason the guy lost to Minami in the first place. Oh yah, and the deck needs a little tweaking. But mostly self-esteem.

Overall, gruesomely realistic, but a well-done (extensive) chapter nonetheless. I await the next installment! (:
Subsonic chapter 6 . 12/25/2012
Great chapter, just noticed a mistake with Stern's ability. He can't stand all the units, he can only stand himself and the unit in the same column as him. As a cost he drops two cards with a counter blast of two (I believe), and he looses the twin drive.

Anyways, the writing is superb as always, I can't wait to watch another chapter. :D

Brilliant Comet
Hakase Fudou chapter 6 . 12/24/2012
Well, as always, a well-done chapter. The "IMEJII" presented in this story was just incredible. I think I already mentioned this in a prior review, but I seriously feel that I'm watching a Vanguard episode in my head as I'm reading this. It's that well-done. So kudos to you for that.
Also, I was starting to get into my "NO. AICHI." mode while reading this, so consistent characterization was definitely evident in this chapter. And just the blend of the serious and hilarious moments in general was well done too.

I look forward to seeing how you handle the continuation of Aichi's fight, especially with his development as a confident character. Great job! :D And MERRY CHRISTMAS