Reviews for Override
Everlight18 chapter 12 . 9/24
You're alive! It was a wonderful surprise to find this chapter in my emails the other day. Sorry about the delay in reviewing, I'm normally a bit quicker at that.

Oh, Misaki... It's a wonder she can even be in the shop at all. I cannot imagine that pain that she must have been suffering, to relive that tragedy over and over in such vivid detail. The way you wrote it out made it so personal and painful for me as a reader, well done. She is a very courageous person, facing her past so head-on, in the hopes of forging a brighter future.

You have a great style and it is very nice to see so many different perspectives on what is going on and what they believe is happening. It all flows so smoothly from one to the other and back again that I barely catch the links. It's clear you spent a lot of time thinking this through and carefully writing it out.

The way Miwa notices that something is wrong, yet cannot identify what it and trys to help was particularly good. It can be easy to forget sometimes that he doesn't know what is wrong much of the time and is relying on his intuition in his attempts to help. Thanks for keeping him (and everyone else) realistic. And that comparison of Misaki and Kai... they really are more alike than they probably think.

Thank you for the fantastic and detailed chapter. I look forward to seeing what will happen next. :)
Alpha chapter 12 . 9/21
Interesting that Miwa is comparing Misaki to Kai, but in a way they are not equal, still I like the idea of having Miwa help Misaki next chapter, and can't wait to read the next chapter.
HelenTheMoon chapter 12 . 9/21
Woah, you're alive. Though this chapter seemed shorter that the others... But your naration is as great as always. Could you update more often?
Sailor Pandabear chapter 12 . 9/21
Hakase Fudou chapter 12 . 9/21
Well, that was a giant stab in the heart. Should have gotten the hint from the title. *sob*

Anyway. Another well-written chapter. Of course there's multiple things I like about it, including Morikawa being a Class A dork (I literally said "MORIKAWA PLS" out loud multiple times while reading the chapter. The secondhand embarrassment is so real) and Miwa and Misaki's interactions.

But what really struck me most about the chapter was the contrast of emotions and the conflict of motives. I mean, here's Misaki who's trying to deal with the card game that indirectly killed her parents, Aichi who's trying to improve with Vanguard with Ren's advice while simultaneously getting over the trauma associated with Ren's defeat and thinking Misaki just wants to help him improve, Shin who's still trying to protect her, and Miwa who knows Misaki wants to cardfight Aichi beyond the "She wants to help him" reason but can't put his finger on what that reason is (I mean he thought she was like Kai which . . . Miwa no.) I dunno. I just thought it was really interesting how you managed to pull all of these scenarios together seamlessly.

Excellent chapter and I look forward to the next one! (:
Everlight18 chapter 11 . 2/1
I wasn't sure about this one at first but you won me over. Cannot wait for the next installment. Originally I thought you were just writing the anime exactly, then I started noticing the slight differences. The changes are great and very believable. You capture the characters perfectly, in fact probably the best I have seen yet (and I have seen just about everything.) for this anime. Hope that you have the time to update. Thank you for the great story.
Kitsune Vi Britannia chapter 11 . 8/28/2014
are you going to continue this

hey can any one make a kai get a psyqualia too
Sailor Pandabear chapter 11 . 8/14/2014
Blackwing-Darkraven chapter 11 . 7/25/2014
long time no read on this -pats-
Hakase Fudou chapter 11 . 7/25/2014
The beginning gives me so much despair, no matter how many times I read it. Incredible. (You have a big storm coming, Aichi. /smacked)

Well, I figured since it's been a while, I expected Chapter 11 to be nothing less than amazing. Expectation has been met and exceeded. What I particularly like about this chapter, besides all the foreshadowing and parallels and symbolism (especially with the whole "And I had a friend in Middle School who played royal Paladin too; though he had a crucial card missing" goodbye) because I live on that stuff, was the balanced focus on Miwa, Misaki, and Kamui as far as their reactions and their conclusions on what's happening with Aichi. Especially given the current state of affairs in the anime, it's a breath of fresh air. Really great job there.

And the pacing was great too. Not one section felt unnecessarily dragged out, which is always nice.

The next chapter looks like it's going to be despair-filled. Oh boy. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it! Again great job on this one! (:
Sailor Pandabear chapter 10 . 2/1/2014
Subsonic chapter 10 . 10/11/2013
I am very happy with the direction of this fan fiction. Keep up the great work! :D
Hakase Fudou chapter 10 . 10/11/2013
Why are there no reviews for this chapter? What is this? I mean, I know it's taken me this long to read and review because of school and stuff, but sheesh.

The chapter was a bit long, yes, but well-written. The way Aichi's characterization is scaring me a bit, considering I'm starting to see where you're going to go with it, but that's much better than being passive when reading a story. But, given I just caught up on Vanguard yesterday, meaning I finished the Kamui vs Reverse!Gouki mini arc, my favorite part of the chapter has gotta be the Kamui vs Gouki match. The flashback you provided to explain the significance of the fight for Kamui is absolutely great.
On that tangent, though, I just realized a parallel between Kamui and Aichi. Both of them were bullied as kids (in Override), both saved to an extent by Vanguard. Kamui, however, has developed more confidence in himself since while Aichi is on and off again in terms of confidence.

I realized you've finished planning for the first "season" and you're already onto Asia Circuit hen, but if you do something with this parallel in this fic, that would fantastic. Especially since Kamui needs a bigger role in Vanguard related things anyway.

It's been a while since I've read anything of yours, and this was definitely a nice refresher. Good luck with university, and please update when you can! (:
Guest chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
I like what you have done with this fan fiction. :D I don't really have much to complain about. Keep up the great work!

Brilliant Comet
Overlord Duelist chapter 8 . 1/24/2013
Hmm, it has the potential for a really good story, but your knowledge in Vanguard in contrast to Yu-Gi-Oh is quite plain (I noticed several misplays such as guarding for one trigger to pass frequently...)

Other than that, I think this seems solid.