Reviews for A Streetcar Named Desire
Tv Centric Universe chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Beautiful story. Such a distinct idea, and written with so much grace. Now whenever I see the Impala I will think of this story.
OpheliacAngel chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This is so perfect. Now I'm going to go read it all over again :D
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Days, weeks, months have passed by, leaving her behind. The black tarpaulin covers her like a shroud, and sometimes she wonders if she's somehow vanished from the world like she's vanished from sight.- Oh Lord, SO true. I miss and LOVE You SO much baby!

Dreams and memories are the only roads she can run free now. She recalls the day he has touched her for the very first time – like a weird kind of baptism, like if someone had told her: 'You are mine – from now on until the end of this world.' She had never felt something like that before. Hands had built her and washed her and even proudly caressed her, but never like that. There at the second-hand car dealer, black skin glistening in the sun, his touch had ignited a spark in her iron heart that has changed her forever.-BEAUTIFUL. *wipes tears away*

Years later, her owner would drive her to a hospital, singing along with the radio, smelling of aftershave and excitement and joy, and they would fetch his woman, and there, in her arms, tiny and smooth and crying, there he was again. She didn't care how and why, her heart recognized and welcomed him and her deep rumble soothed him and soon he was asleep, his parents sharing a proud smile.-You're killing me Kate. It took me a minute to get that this was John and Mary with Dean. That's so lovely.

He was punishing himself by destroying what felt like a part of him. And that hurt even more.-That just broke my heart! But it is so well done, I think I'll forgive you!

Hey, she is a Winchester, right?-DAMN straight, she is!

The one he has wanted since he was old enough to reach the gas pedal with his foot. The one he has cared for with a love she had felt in every soft touch while he has been waxing and polishing her black skin and in every word he has whispered to her. The one he has treated like a Lady, and yeah, go ahead and laugh at that, but it's the goddamn truth and she knows nobody will ever love her like that.-Stick a fork in me cause I'm done. This is the best love story never told.

There is a vague and very hazy memory – a nightmare, perhaps – of her lying broken and rusty near a chain-link fence in some kind of camp, and the spark must have died because the man that loved her is walking around with empty eyes and a withered heart and he treats her as if she is junk from another time, another life. But then, one day – dreams, don't try to understand them – he comes around the corner and freezes, seeing her. His eyes are checking her, finding every scratch and dent and the broken upholstery and it looks as if he might cry, and when he speaks to her it's like in the old days, and she knows that he has come to get her, no matter what.-Jesus, nope I was wrong. NOW I'm done. This was...there are no words. No words.

Oh baby...*whimpers*
TheYmp chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Oh, this was beautiful!

Wonderfully written and I love the way you entwined the various time-travel episodes into this, with Baby recognising Dean again, and then the not-a-memory of what happened to her in the alternate future.

Let's just hope they're reunited soon!
Jimelda chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Awww, well this is seriously adorable. Oh man I miss Dean's baby so much, it's cool to see what she's thinking about all of this. Hopefully we'll get to see her again soon, I'm still not sure why she had to leave the show. Poor baby.

But hey, thanks for the gift. This was a real treat to read! :D

Cheers,

Jimelda
ccase13 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I love how you have a cat keeping the Impala company.

The boys need to get her back.
mainegirlwrites chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Darling, so absolutely wonderful. Not a single word of dialogue, just loaded with description - my favorite read in a long, long time. Very well done! Best, Randee
Dizzo chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Oh, Impala POV, this is gorgeous Kate, such an introspective point of view. I love how she looks back on her life with John and then with the boys, and her love for Dean, because we all know she's so much more than a car.

And her hope at the end, a hope we all share that one day her mysterious little visitor will be the one she really wants to see.

Fabulous job, a lovely, lovely read!