Reviews for WHAT IF GRACE?
CharlesTheBold chapter 4 . 7/1/2012
Clever way to end the story, with a hint that Joan really does have a potential to reach out to somebody, even though Grace was the "chosen one". Also interesting contrast with the series - Joan interpreted "give him a gift" as sex; Grace ruled it out from the start. Too bad it's the last story; I've enjoyed the speculation of what a Heavenly Grace would be like.
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
What a nice way to end the story. Interesting choice to make Iris the one with Lymes disease. I liked this little what-if story. Always looking forward to more stories from you.
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 3 . 6/11/2012
I finally got around to reading chapters 2 and 3 of this story. It's a very interesting take. Grace seems to do better at handling assignments than Joan, who always seemed to be screwing up and choosing to do the wrong thing when God gave her an assignment. She'd complete the assignment but get herself into more trouble at school and at home. She wanted so desperately to do what God wanted while still fitting in; it took her a long time to figure out the two would never mix and she should focus on her own group of friend. Grace already didn't care about fitting in so she has less of a problem doing stuff that might look weird to other people. The Joan in your series continuation finally settled down and came into her own as an instrument of God but I am enjoying your thoughts about Grace as a potential instrument, too.
CharlesTheBold chapter 3 . 6/3/2012
Very intriguing contrast - Ramsey helps out Grace because he wants her respect, while Joan makes unwise, pathetic attempts to hold onto HER lover. Looks like Joan is going to need Grace's special help very soon!
CharlesTheBold chapter 2 . 5/20/2012
Amazing what a difference it makes replacing Joan with Grace. Joan thought of herself as a redeeming angel when asked to date Ramsey, while Grace actually finds something in common with the boy. Meanwhile, Joan without divine influence seems to be a total ditz - losing her virginity in a subordinate clause!

This isn't really THE END is it? I'm curious to know whether Grace actually turned Ramsey around when Joan couldn't.
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Interesting. Does Joan even exist in this universe?

I just rewatched a few episodes of JoA not long ago. I had forgotten how good that show really was, even right at the beginning. I also thought of your stories and how good they are and how well they match up with the show. It's nice to see you still writing now that you're done with your continuations.

I'm sorry I didn't review your last story, but I started it and I couldn't remember who anyone was or how they all related to one another. It was so hard to get into that I stopped reading. Your brain must be like a machine to retain all of that information.
CharlesTheBold chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Great "Alternate Universe" story. What would have been different if God had chosen Grace instead of Joan? He would choose Goth Kid instead of Cute Boy as the intermediary, and appeal to Grace's sense of justice rather than Joan's need for direction in her life. But He would still know what to say to win the girl's trust.

My only question is: Where is Joan? Does she not exist in this reality, or is her personality different, or did God simply choose differently?