Reviews for Elixir
tvj12 chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
I like your take on what Sam's probably thinking during that scene. I was really hoping the show would go more into the issue with the great set-up that the premise of the episode gives, but alas I will have to rely on fanfic to cover the topic. I like how you had Sam bring up his 'alcoholic alert' that he seemed to show more of before Lucifer had dug in so much. -tvj12
Numpty chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Loved this!

Great mix of angst and humour. Loved Sam's observations about Dean's drinking:

Well, now, that's just abnormal. Any other human being would just grab the first bottle they see and start in on it but oh no, not my brother, not Dean. I can hear him twist open bottle after bottle over there in hopes of finding the one magic elixir that will have the desired effect on him. And here I am, already feeling warm from one mouthful.

Okay, that sound he just made tells me he found it. - Nice!

But, uh, I guess first we have to stop this spirit and, uh... Damn, something better show up soon or I'll be face-planting into this stupid keyboard. - LOL!

The only times he seems to smile are when I'm covered in clown confetti or when he's finished almost an entire bottle of something that must be close to hundred proof? - That is so well observed, and nice to know that SAM notices it too!

Great job, thanks for sharing!
terigaliyan chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Oh, Sammy

This is probably one of my favorite episodes of the season. :)

Lovely as always!
gr8read chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
This was AWESOME!

Favorite lines: "But, uh, I guess first we have to stop this spirit and, uh... Damn, something better show up soon or I'll be face-planting into this stupid keyboard." and "Okay, now we're getting somewhere with this whatchamacallit doodad…"

Great, just great. :D
Jimelda chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Interesting, Sam's thoughts on Dean's drinking while he himself is drunk. That's a twist, and a nicely done one at that. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers and such,

Jimelda
Wynefred chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
You're right... that was a fantastic episode. I've been trying to download it since last night but they're just not working. Real bummer because I really really WANT to watch it again. Silly internet.

Very cool Sam POV here, my friend. I could see the story playing out from his reactions. Good job!
Sharlot chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Boozified IS my new word my word of the month. LOL. That was just precious.

Poor lightweight Sammy. On the upside, though. Dean did look kinda happy for a moment there. That was worth a bottle of booze.
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Very well done. SHEESE you just came up with that since last night? You have some mad writing skills not to mention one smartie pants muse!

Last nights episode rocked. Dean's drinking problem has been coming on a while now. Having dealt with somebody with a drinking problem my heart goes out to Sam. It's the hardest thing to deal with. You try telling the person they're drinking alittle too much and suddenly you're the nag or bad guy. There's no magic pill that's for sure. Maybe Bobby's spirit being seen by the boys might help a little. Finger's crossed.
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
But, uh, I guess first we have to stop this spirit and, uh... Damn, something better show up soon or I'll be face-planting into this stupid keyboard.- Oh I love this! Nice!

Right. Just to recap and get this straight in my fuzzy brain. The only times he seems to smile are when I'm covered in clown confetti or when he's finished almost an entire bottle of something that must be close to hundred proof?- So true and so sad. Does it make me a bad person that I LOVED Drunk Dean last night?

Great tag my friend, lots of fun.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
That was a wonderful picture of the boys drinking to see the spirit. Garth had a point about a hot tub being good for them.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I loved the episode, it was so much fun and the ending was so heartbreaking and happy at the same time, I can't even! Amazing one, and how much fun is Gath? LOL "Me likey!" ;)

I think they should take Dean's alcohol problem a little more seriously, though. I was hoping something deeper regarding this subject, but I think they will adress it down the road. We just have to wait and see :)

Oh, about the story: I don't know if it needs to be told, but here I go again: great one! You rock and you know it! D

Kisses

R.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Great! Love it! That scene was awesome, wasn't it? Dean looked so happy!