Reviews for Weird Fishes
Daroh chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
The mercury wall was epically cool! My favorite plot device in a while. Interesting, unique, visceral, scary, but intriguing, too. And I liked that it was just for Bella, but Edward couldn't help his deep instincts to follow her blindly. Very cool. The ambiguity at the end is unnerving, but I assume that is the idea-very, very effective. Ambiguity makes for fantastic reading. Excellent job!
ragsstone chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
You know what I love about this story? The ambiguity and openness of the ending. It leaves so many questions: Did Edward's actions in the end make him become a guide? How did Alice become a guide? Did Emmett manage to destroy the portal? Does Bella get her wish? Will Edward and Bella still have that connection afterwards, and if he becomes a guide, how does that work? Can guides be persons with lives outside of the Zone?

You have this detailed setting, but there are so many questions left unanswered that the reader can wonder, can make up their own stories, and will (hopefully) be inspired. The best stories are the inspiring ones, you know. And you know this is true, because you have read a story that made you wonder, and that made you think, and that made you write.

And the final line: "It was the only way to be" ... again, so many questions, yet it makes so much sense.
sisik chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
WHAT? NO NO NO NO NO!

sorry for all the shouting and exclamation marks but you can't, I repeat can't end it there. I'm loosing my mind: Edward is going to be a guide? did Bella get her wish? did Emmett destroy The Zone? how can Edward find Bella after? if Bella had her challenge why didn't Emmett get one too?

this story is brilliant, really. The world you created is epic, the most intriguing and interesting characters ever and I especially loved the weirdness of The Zone, seriously one of the best stories. I followed you to the edge of the earth And fell off. If you have any compassion for my poor heart you will continue this amazing story.

Now I have to find out who you are and read all of your other stories, and pronto.

Wow, just wow.

thank you so much for sharing.

Sisi

I'm sorry if there are spelling mistakes I'm not a native English speaker.
Controlled by Imagination chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This is a really brilliant story, I enjoyed reading it. Well done.
mmsinful chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
The ending is confusing. I wonder what Bella's wish was and she seems to be under the impression that Edward will find her after all this ordeal but by the way you ended it, it seems Edward now thinks that he himself is a protector or guide like Alice is. You did an awesome job with the imagery of the whole story.
mommymac0508 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Holy snap what happen what was Bella's true wish and did Edward stop em I need more thank you
SoapyMayhem chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Thanks for entering! I really enjoyed this.
Michelle M. Marie chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
This is, hands down, the best contest entry I've ever read. Ever.

The phrase "well-written" doesn't even begin to describe this story. "Phenomenal" doesn't work, either. Words of praise that are sufficient enough escape me. "Weird Fishes" is ...

The best. No question in my mind.

The characters have so much heart, it's like I can hear their heartbeats (except for Emmett. He deserves to be kicked a few times). The imagery is unparalleled, I can see exactly what the author is describing even though nothing like it exists in this world.

I adore this story.

It's perfect.
texasbella chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Thank you for your submission, I really enjoyed it! :)

texasbella
rubell chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
omg! i hope this gets continued! i am already hooked and want more...they should have known as soon as they figured out who emmett was that he was up to no good
rubybeachdragnfly chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
awesome! loved it, will you continue?