Reviews for The Orphan Maker
Guest44 chapter 8 . 5/20/2014
Crying tears for both Ellie and Mitchell, for what might have been and for the futures they will never have.
nm131 chapter 8 . 5/18/2014
The kindness did shred him, inch by inch and he never learned until the very end that hope doesn't really spring eternal.

This chapter was touching and horrifying.
MancVamp chapter 7 . 4/19/2014
omg! What a treat! I heard you had updated your story from our Misty a few days ago - but I wanted to savour it... well worth the wait.

So beautifully written, as always - I can see and smell those wafts of cigarette smoke... and even after such a long wait for the next chapter, I am enthralled again and fall in love with your story anew. Thank you!
Guest44 chapter 7 . 4/16/2014
Everything was good - Ivan, Ellie and especially Herrick and Mitchell's interaction.

Oh, I'm definitely sticking with this as long as you are.
nm131 chapter 7 . 4/14/2014
Thank you for continuing.

Masterful writing and very atmospheric. I can hear and picture the canon characters very clearly, the original characters are just as well-drawn.

The plot is intriguing and I'm interested in Mitchell's backstory, the paradox and passion of character that seems to define him.
rollwithbutter chapter 7 . 4/13/2014
Beautiful writing, great suspense. Love all the characters point of view. Glad you're sticking with this!
MancVamp chapter 6 . 11/22/2013
I waited so I could savour it. And I did.

Stunning. I am left stunned once again.

There is a velvety darkness about your story and your writing: it's always luxuriant, Gothic and sumptuous - like a box of Belgium chocolates. Delectable. I appreciate this - no-one else seems to capture the Being Human essence (s1-3) in quite the same way.

I hear Michell speak lines you have given him and I'm right there, watching the scene spring to life like no other. I hear Herrick and I'm dizzy in the same way.

I have a floaty feeling after reading your chapter, same as I did after watching an episode of Being Human for the first time. It;s wondrous. Thank you.

And Bravo!
fleemneek chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
Such contrasts! You transition from Ivan, arch and amused (and perfectly voiced), to Mitchell's conflict and gradual dissolution, to Herrick's nasty glee. And a lovely cliffhanger, though we have an inkling where M is headed with the boy, we can still hope he won't.

This feels like an inflection point, the axe about to fall. Fall it will, but it looks so lovely and shiny hanging in midair.

More. Soon. Please!

Ruby Rosetta Red chapter 5 . 12/8/2012
Absolutely terrific description of the kill. Vivid, brutal and with a final almost...tragic twist. Beautifully done.
MancVamp chapter 5 . 12/1/2012
I don't know what to say! I'm speechless! That was incredible! Didn't see any of that coming as we were drawn closer and closer and... Absolutely brilliant - beautifully well-written and well-crafted as always. Thank you!
VeritasVamp chapter 5 . 11/28/2012
As soon as I read this: "Yes, sir, the camera is rolling… now." I though, Uh good can come from this... And Sarah was pregnant!? Ahh! But I'm left wondering about Ellie's reaction! I mean, I have guesses, but I need to know! Great job, as ever!
fleemneek chapter 5 . 11/28/2012

The scenery, so detailed and evocative, the flashback with the tea leaves, Mitchell's inner conflict, all of them come together in this wistful and haunting chapter.

We really feel Mitchell's vampire nature coming closer and closer to the surface. He's got both internal and external forces steering him toward the dark side, but he's still himself, that scratch of conscience ever present.

Brava, Eve.
Ruby Rosetta Red chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
Apologies in the delay in reviewing but when i received the email notification of a new chapter then i wanted to make sure that i could enjoy every single word of this delicious chapter.

Again, spot on with the characters, especially Ivan. I did like the line about not believing every word of 'that psychotic little clerk'. What a put down!

I'm really intrigued by what's coming up next. As always, beautifully written and always fascinating. :)
fleemneek chapter 4 . 10/19/2012
"There's no point arguing with nature..." His trajectory isn't downward so much as it is... away, from the human world to that of the vampires. It's all so inevitable. Mitchell's interaction with Ivan is so well-drawn; you can see how they were friends so much later.

You know how much I love your writing. I hope the next chapter is in the works. Very much looking forward to it.
MancVamp chapter 4 . 10/14/2012
Breathtaking! Another great chapter to set the pulse racing! Simply brilliant! Thank you!