Reviews for Patience of a Saint
michelle3737 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Beautiful! Luv luv it! It was super well writting and got me enthralled the whole time! More pkease more!
Limaro chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
I haven't gotten far into the comics, but I plan to before the show comes back. I can see how this pairing would totally work, thanks to your lovely story. If I can't get my Andrea/Daryl, Andrea/Rick would be pretty fine too!

Thank you for writing this eye opener!

I really felt how weary Rick is. And how he mourns the old Shane. And feels burdened by the marriage he can't escape. Then it's like Andrea gives him just a teeny bit of hope, and I think he's going to survive too.
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Amazing. Loved this.
EbonyEyez chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
This truly was a beautiful piece. I'm so happy to have some Rick/Andrea love out there! More stories about this couple should be written and written as well as this one was. You managed to successful capture the true voice of these two characters and take them where I hope they will go on the show. Loved having a Daryl/Andrea/Rick scene as well ;-)
Scout's Treehouse chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
I really liked this one. In my opinion, Andrea has, with maybe the exception of Darryl, gone through the most positive character development these past two seasons. And I think she and Rick have the potential to become a quite dynamic team, romantic and/or otherwise. Lori, on the other hand, and again in my opinion only, is becoming nearly painful to watch. She is just a study in contradiction, whether she's one moment lecturing Andrea on women's roles in post apocalyptic America, while in the next, directing her to risk her life by saving Carol, while Lori herself, cowers in the pick-up. Not to mention the many times she purposely played Rick and Shane against one another, only to feign incredulous shock after learning that Rick did exactly what she ordered him to do, which was "deal with Shane.". Honestly, I cringe every time she opens her mouth nowadays.

But back to your story. You captured the crumbling facade that is the Grimes marriage without even telling us what the argument had even been about, very well done. Lori wasn't even in the picture, not a single word or thought, and yet, she was still very much there the whole time. I certainly had no trouble believing that they had been teetering on the verge of divorce just before the proverbial s..t hit the fan, and in fact it explains a lot of their sometimes uncomfortable interactions on the show. Truly Carl is their only remaining point of commonality anymore, and even that thread is stretched nearly to its limits.

Is it terrible that I'm secretly hoping that Lori meets her end in Season Three, because I cannot tell a lie, that is exactly the plot device I'm waiting for. Then perhaps he'll be able to purge himself of at least enough guilt to consider all that Andre could offer him. She is certainly more his equal than Lori could ever hope to be.

Thanks for writing this, and again well

done!
Lucifer's Garden chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Wheeeee, Rick, Andrea and Daryl together in badassitude. I couldn't ask for more!

I must say, while Daryl/Andrea remains my OTP, I really enjoyed seeing Andrea through Rick's eyes and hearing Rick's voice describing her. Your characterizations are great, and really, really moving.

Fabulous job! :)
LaLaShivers chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
You don't know how happy you are making me by writing a rick/andrea fic, the insight on them is spot on, I really loved it.
LillianMW chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Oh my God.

Oh.

My.

God.

This is perfect. I'm crying. I'm crying! Such a beautiful homage to the comics. Seriously, Rick and Andrea have the most beautiful romance and you captured it so well. They were both so in character and so beautiful and wonderful. This story is going in my favorites and I'm gonna read it over and over again.