Reviews for You Don't Know What You Have Until It's Gone
Melody-Rose-20 chapter 12 . 8/16/2014
I see the simllarites but Silvia seems more a Melanie than a Scarlett.
Guest chapter 12 . 8/16/2014
This is a very interesting take on the story. The sadness of eveyones back story. Not feeling any of this can end happily, as the original gwtw. After scarlett has gone to such lengths to punish rhett and herself- becoming a prostitute- would she still want him near her? Thought provoking.
Jamistarme1 chapter 11 . 5/10/2014
I'm looking forward to more. Trying to read all of the fics on the board. Is Scarlett still at Belle's recovering? Or at the Peachtree mansion?
Guest chapter 11 . 10/25/2013
please write more. Good to see he was there for Scarlett.
HelenSES chapter 11 . 8/16/2013
Gosh - I had forgotten Melly read Les Mis on the night of Frank's death - a clever tie in.

I liked this - although I think the original premise has somewhat drifted. And I always thought that Melly couldn't read Scarlett - wasn't that the whole point? That she was blinded by her love for Scarlett that she couldn't see what Scarlett was really like. Maybe Ashley could - and of course - certainly Rhett could - but Melly? Hmmm- not so sure.

How old is Wade meant to be? I have him pegged here as about 12 or 13 but maybe he is older.

Really felt for Scarlett here - bracing herself for Wade's response.
Pleased Rhett was with her when she read it.
Nice to see an update on this Story!
EmiliaLKnight chapter 11 . 8/13/2013
Scarlett realizes how she needs Melanie after she had died... YAyAY!
Dixie Cross chapter 11 . 8/12/2013
Sorry I just logged out and am lazy. But I think your style, voice and overall skill are all improving. You've always been evocative, in terms of story and style, but I think you're finding your voice more and more.

Now...it was a good scene. Too much conversation? I don't know about that. I like dialogue. However, I have trouble imagining Scarlett just sitting in bed and reading. I think she'd get bored after a couple pages, but she's behaving very maturely here.

I'm glad to see you posting again, I was going to PM you. Cheers and hope all is well.
Melody-Rose-20 chapter 11 . 8/11/2013
Aww, she finally realised how much she needed Melly. Your title is very apt.
Penelope Clemence chapter 10 . 5/28/2013
Scarlett is out of character here, but I like this direction. It is interesting.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/27/2013
I'm glad to see Scarlett maintaining contact with Wade, but he is a child and has too much on his shoulders
Dixie Cross chapter 10 . 5/26/2013
This was a sentimental chapter, for sure, but sentimentality has its place. It can't always be rough and angsty. And what's the matter with cheese? Personally I love me some cheese from time to time.

I really like the idea of Wade as a writer. What kind of Mommy Dearest memoir could he write? Scathing, I imagine, especially in this story.

Well-paced and enjoyable chapter.
Ondine03 chapter 10 . 5/26/2013
Yes, Scarlett is OOC in deciding to become a prostitute (I don't think she would have offered herself to Rhett in the jail if she hadn't been desperate for money, and desperate for money for Tara at that. In survival mode, Scarlett is capable of just about anything.)That said, I really like this "what-if Scarlett had made such a decision in a moment of madness" variant. Like that she's educating herself, like that she's writing Wade. Like that Wade doesn't condemn her out of hand. Keep writing!
Melody-Rose-20 chapter 10 . 5/25/2013
Aww, it's good being able to see things from Wade's POV. He was always such a sweet boy. Welcome back.
HelenSES chapter 10 . 5/25/2013
So even though I think Scarlett is completely OOC because she would never become a prostitute (although she did offer her body to Rhett at the jail) I like this story because it is not cheesy or saccharine.

Like this chapter and I have no problem with it being short. Wade is very mature although I always thought of him as exceptionally loyal to Scarlett - whatever she did, he would understand or find a way to understand - like his aunt Melly would have.

Pleased that Sue isnt nasty to him - just wish she was nicer to Ella and get over the Frank thing.

Nice job.
Guest chapter 9 . 5/4/2013
This story has no sense. Scarlett would never become a prostitute.
I think you must read more gwtw stories to realize how to write them. Read HelenSES, Dixie Cross, Ondine03, Chris OHB, Annapang, Amaranthe Athenaise, Estee111, .Alexandra. You will realize what a good story is. They will help you get more realistic and interesting ideas.
Don't write for Harry Potter - it is stupid thing to do.
So far everything is too narrow-scoped and unrealistic.