Reviews for our dance is a dangerous one
accioyourheart chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
I read this on livejournal, and wanted to review very badly, but since I don't have a livejournal account, I told myself I was contempt with just reading it. I decided to look it up again today though, and typing in your amazing title to search for it, I realized you had posted it on fanfiction as well, which made me happy in thought.
Where to start...
Okay, I absolutely loved the title. The title and the summary completely pulls me in and intrigues me to the point where I just HAVE to read it and where I am certain it will be a good story. (well at least I hope it will be, and you failed to disappoint)
The little things and details in their relationship with each other I loved. I love the thought of them having the barest of feelings for each other. A snippet that made me ajsdkfljdslfajs was:
"Relief. His dancing partner is still with him and he allows himself to be grateful. Just this once."
Genius, flawless, and ugh just so perfectly written for this pairing. And the "Checkmate." lines killed me as well. The tieback was just killer, and just so perfect. I can't even fathom into words how that made me feel.
The storyline was long in description, yet fairly brief in words, and I applaud you on summing up an extremely well written plotline into less than 3k words.
Oneshots are always the best.
The last line was clever, interesting, and a line I'll be sure to remember and sure to think of when writing endings. I'll have to come up with something that meets that criteria the next time I write, as it was flawless.
The only complaint I really have were the margins in which you wrote, since they could have been spaced out/entered a bit more to make the paragraphs shorter, but the content in the paragraphs were flawless and it's such a minor thing-which you shouldn't even bother to change, I'm just this annoying girl with OCD towards these kinds of things- that it never takes away from the story.
I'll definitely be adding this to my list of Clato fanfics, as well as my favorites, so hopefully a few others will read this wonderful story you have written.
I'll link them to this one, if you don't mind, as I know many people were in the same predicament as I was (without a livejournal account), and I think you'll enjoy feedback and praise. You're sure to get praise.
Fantastic job, I absolutely loved this story- if you couldn't tell by now!
Orange Pudding chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
This is amazing. I love Cato and Clove's characterization a lot. Clove saying checkmate before she dies is so touching. Seriously this is one of the best Clato fanfiction I've ever read. You should write a multi-chapter fanfiction.
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Beautifully written.

One thing, Cato definitely volunteered for the Games, he wasn't reaped, and as Clove is D2 she probably would've volunteered too.

Great Job! I especially loved the last line!
thepandathatrawrs chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Your story was beautiful overall, but your last, ending line was a winner.
NovemberDreamin chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Gah, I love that ending line! This was great, cause you kept it realistic
color my world bright chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
I loved it :) A bit dark, twisted, and romantic - oh, and I love how Clove beat him in training :)

-A