Reviews for Soldier of OZ: Walker's Account
NGTM-R chapter 54 . 6/12
And so you put me to shame sitting over with my incomplete chapter and inability to finish it.

Interesting. Treize seems to imply he intends to resist Romefeller in his letter to Walker, but not only that, he seems to imply he wants Walker for his skills not only as a pilot and leader, but for his skills with mobile suit technology; this suggests something specific in mind. Finishing work on Epyon? Moderating influence on the hotheads in the Trieze Faction? His particular skills would lend him to a resistance movement's needs to maintain its equipment outside normal supply, and Trieze refers to him as one of many. I suppose Trieze could also be hoping one of his young engineer-combatants finds the flaw in the Virgo design that allows it to be defeated, but that seems more farfetched.

Of course, this also leads to another interesting question. What was the original fate of Walker's unit supposed to be, and for that matter, that of most of OZ's manned units? Mobile Dolls are superb heavy combat units, but they're no infantry when it comes to actually owning ground. (The Trieze Faction fighting a war as the rats in the walls has a certain appeal.) Putting hundreds or maybe thousands of mobile suit pilots out of work at once seems like a terrible idea, particularly when it comes to career soldiers and career officers like Walker. The Foundation didn't really intend to dismantle almost its entire armed forces at a stroke, did they? Or at least had some kind of plan for transitions...?
NGTM-R chapter 53 . 5/25
Interesting political digression at the end...pretty sure it doesn't actually match reality, however. The truth is no one cares about Kasparov in the West either. I remember the commentary at the time about the issue, in fact; a sort of shrug, and a statement that Russia has never had a peaceful transition of power in its history. It was regarded as the inevitable expression of this fact.

I sympathize with your chapter names issues. I gave myself a theme naming handicap as well, of course, so I arguably have it worse and better at the same time.

I am curious though; I've always assumed the OZ astrosuit to be marginally armored, given it appears to have large hard-body portions. I notice you don't.

I'll also state that this is the part where I've really, honestly grown to like Kanna. It's...a long way in to be making that statement, I guess, so perhaps it's not as satisfying as it should be.
SmileRen chapter 53 . 5/18
Interesting.
NGTM-R chapter 52 . 5/12
Well. I suppose it was inevitable we got Wing Zero. And after the majority of the main characters are safely out of the way; my dreams of seeing Emi and First Recon drive it off (at horrendous cost) will remain unfulfilled. Fortunately for Emi. Shame about Khattab, though; I somewhat liked him.

Though now that I think about it, I wonder at Quatre's target selection. Not here, so much; it's constrained by the canon. Rather, in the canon itself, he starts with a (defended) resource satellite, moves on to an armed colony, then to an unarmed colony... His driving complaint, as such, seems to be that Outer Space is embracing war or at least weapons. Yet he also appears to actively avoid a direct assault on the primary military forces in space. He even relatively deescalates in terms of threat; the resource satellite seems to have more troops and be better armed relatively than any other target, even counting the Space Leos that accompany Heero and Trowa to the confrontation with Wing Zero.

The fact he's experiencing Zero System-induced psychosis isn't really any answer, because while Quatre has reached an insane conclusion, at no point in the course of attempting to carry out the acts this conclusion has spawned does he seem incapable of constructing otherwise logical plans. Indeed, he gives enough warning to allow the evacuation of the colonies he intends to destroy. Maybe the resource satellite is a test...but if it's a test, why did he start picking lesser targets afterwards? It doesn't seem that he's just going by order of distance; they seem selected, honestly, at random. His second colony kill was closer to the Moon than his first, and hence nearer to Trowa and Heero, which doesn't make much sense unless he moved from L4 or L5 targets to L1 or L2 targets, or even from one end of those Lagrange points, nearer to Earth, then to the end nearer the Moon. There must have been closer colonies he could have targeted.

If the resource satellite was a test, Wing Zero passed it easily. And if it passed so easily...why wasn't Quatre's second target Barge? A small mystery, perhaps worth addressing.
NGTM-R chapter 51 . 4/26
So, the one thing that struck me here really.

What did Emi think she was accomplishing? I mean, yes, the questions, but she's not a trained interrogator obviously, and she went pretty far off the rails in the end; I'm quite surprised Luna or a guard didn't attempt to drag her out of the room.
Mirefrost00 chapter 51 . 4/15
Hey! It's Carver! Oh, cameos are great. :D This was a good breather chapter, after the maelstrom of last chapter. Still you're never a slouch on exposition and character development.
NGTM-R chapter 50 . 3/29
Well, what to say.

I do think you dragged out Walker and Soletta's tit-for-tat at the end for too long; at some point during that back-and-forth Emi's orders or the sheer desperation survival reflex probably should have kicked in and Walker would have reverted to training and fired; presumably killing Soletta. In a way, this feels...almost as thought the story has unfairly conspired to save him the burden of killing someone he knew.

The battle for D-120's interior in general feels...compressed, despite the sheer number of words you spent on it. Despite your determination not to split this up, I think you would have been well-served to separate this into three or four ten-thousand-word shots. It could have easily absorbed it. It feels as though it moves too fast despite its length.
SmileRen chapter 50 . 3/13
That was long. Like scary long. Good job and never do this to yourself again.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 50 . 3/13
Lov!
SmileRen chapter 49 . 1/23
I don't care if update are behind schedule if their going to be this brilliant :)
NGTM-R chapter 47 . 11/27/2014
I think I said this in PM, but I look forward to this not actually being Chrsyantheum's only battle and it turning out again for Libra or something similarly silly.
Shiny Wurmple chapter 47 . 11/6/2014
i read this entire fic and I must say, I'm very impressed. Keep going, this is one of the best fics I've read so far. :)
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 46 . 10/13/2014
Epic!
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 45 . 10/6/2014
Love it!
anon chapter 43 . 8/10/2014
This is probably one of the best Gundam fanfictions bar none. Wing gave the hints that it was going to have way more political intrigue and time didn't allow for it. Each chapter has me going "what's going to happen next, what will be the next big step in the greater conspiracy" behind the scenes. I like how you introduced the Barton's early on. With Dekim on the move, I wonder how this will influence the Alliance, OZ/Romefellar, and later on the White Fang.