Reviews for The Loving Kind
AuroraHajnal chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
Love it, can't wait for the next one. :)
Bedelia chapter 5 . 6/30/2012
Aw. I love when there's a strong mother/son bond between Esme and Edward. Always makes me smile.

Poor Bella. I couldn't help but laugh at her as she slammed the pots and pans around and berated herself for not seeking out a one-night stand.

And aha, well, I suppose Edward has *technically* kept his promise to Garrett to not sleep with Bella, lol. That whole scene was very tastefully done. So often, fic authors go overboard with lemons, describing everything in too much detail with an overabundance of cringe-worthy synonyms for various body parts. You kept it simple and just perfect, really. Well done!

Wonder how this is going to affect their relationship...
Bedelia chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
You know, I'm going to be sad when I'm all caught up with this story and I'm following it as a WIP. :)

Bella and Edward's banter over her red shoes was so cute.

"Well, in order for us to rescue the cats, they needed to get stuck first"

Haha! I can so easily picture a young Edward, Emmett, and Jasper doing that.

And Edward fainting while watching his aunt give birth! This chapter has me laughing quite a bit, so far. :)

"the eyebrow piercing and Che Guevara tee-shirt are mind-numbingly commonplace, and his waist length dreadlocks"

I love this version of Emmett! Sounds like almost every guy I went to college with, but not like any Emmett I've ever read before.

"A part of me is morbidly curious; I wonder what illness could have claimed Jacob's life, what illness he could have hidden from her so successfully."

A part of me wonders the same thing. I'm wondering if she meant a mental illness, not a physical one - if Jake was the one in this story who committed suicide. I'm sure I'll find out, in time.

Bella surprised me with the one-night-stand plans! On to the next chapter to find out how that goes for her!
A Little Ramble chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
Sigh. I knew this would happen but I still feel sad. Not just for Edward, for both of them. I can't wait to see where you take these characters next.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/29/2012
Bedelia chapter 3 . 6/29/2012
"It's, therefore, quite a surprise when I stumble into the kitchen in search of coffee on the first Monday of the new semester, to find a really cute ass poking out of the fridge."

Haha! I love this introduction.

"Either she just doesn't care, which is fair enough, as I've only known her for fifteen minutes, or she doesn't feel the need to offer her opinion on how I should be living my life."

If it's the latter, then Bella is part of a rare breed. ;) I like her already.

"Sure it is," Bella sighs. "Why is the clock on the oven an hour and a half fast?"

OH. That explains the 21:32 thing, then. I was so puzzled by that, haha. Guess it managed to confuse both Bella and me.

Ahh, Mike. Clueless as ever. At least Edward realises that Bella is uncomfortable and her laughs and smiles are faked.

"He's like an annoying lapdog, you know? He'll yap a lot, jump all over you, and slobber everywhere, but he's not dangerous."

Haha. Possibly one of the best descriptions of Mike Newton I've ever read!

Also, Mike's winks are creeeeepy.

"I also know I've felt grief for a child that too many people have tried to tell me wasn't truly a child yet."

Oh, goodness. I wish this wasn't as true to life as it is. I'm not sure why some people believe that trying to tell someone they shouldn't be grieving over something will in any way make that grief any less. Just plain insensitivity, I suppose, coupled with a complete lack of genuine thought on their parts.

I'm so glad Bella agreed to go out for a beer with Edward, in spite of him putting his foot in his mouth. :)
Bedelia chapter 2 . 6/29/2012
Ooh. Is it weird that I think having Angela be Jasper's cheating wife is a refreshing choice? 99 percent of the time, his ex or soon-to-be ex is Maria. I love that you went a different route.

"I don't speak to Emmett for two weeks after his girlfriend, Leah, invites Angela and Ben over for dinner. I'm furious; as far as I'm concerned, it's too damned soon for everyone to be playing nice with them."

Oh, Edward's reaction is such a familiar one. I've seen it dozens of times. Rings very, very true to life. Also, pairing Emmett with Leah - another unusual choice! I like it. :)

"the three mustakeers"
That is just adorable. :D

"Earlier this week I decided that I would never give a woman the power to do what Angela has done to Jasper. I swore I'd never fall in love, because falling in love is basically handing someone else the power to destroy you. Now, it occurs to me that this is not something I need to fear. I'm too damaged, too broken. There is nothing in me to love; nothing in me that would inspire a woman's affections."

Everything about this passage just breaks my heart. :( That he thinks love isn't worth it, and that he thinks no one would ever love him is so sad. Says a lot about who he is, too, I think.

"It reads 21:32, so it is, in fact, almost 8pm."
Err, 21:32 would be 9:32 PM, wouldn't it? :) But eek, so worrying that Edward is losing chunks of time.

"Garrett grew up in Australia, where his Dad lives. He only moved to the US three years ago for college, and his accent is still as strong and fucking annoying as ever."
haha. I love that you made Garrett Australian. I can only imagine that it's going to be refreshing to read an Australian character written by an actual Australian. I was reading one the other day that was, um... clearly NOT, lol.

Can't wait for Bella to show up! I'm enjoying this so far. :)
jea28 chapter 14 . 6/29/2012
Beautiful chapter. Exquisitely heart-breaking. I can see now why Edward wishes he never told Bella he loves her. You wrote this so well, Shel. I felt Edward's initial bewilderment, eventual understanding of Bella's angry questions, and then the utter heart-break when he realises he's lost her because of something he's completely unable to prevent. It's bad enough to have a medical condition, but when someone makes you feel "less" because of it... I know Bella has her own angst to deal with because of Jacob, but her actions toward Edward border on cruel. So we must be close to the prologue now. I know he forgives her, but I wonder if she'll be able to forgive herself? Looking forward to seeing how you reconcile them.

I've been wanting to read this new story of yours for awhile. Forgive me for not reviewing sooner. I couldn't not review this chapter though. Well done!
vodkavamp76 chapter 14 . 6/29/2012
Oh Shell, I was nearly in tears by the end of this. Poor Edward! I understand that Bella has been hurt in the past by things being kept from her, but Edward is a complicated creature. She needs to realise that him not telling her was never about her, it's about him and what he needs to feel normal. Her reaction could be seen as a bit selfish in some ways perhaps.
Lou xx
Snavessej chapter 14 . 6/29/2012
No no no no no no NO. That's not fair. Coming from experience its not something you tell everybody or talk about very often but seriously. From Bella's past Edward couldn't have been a bit smarter about it and why oh why did Bella overreact so bad. It's not fair. Next chapter soooon please?
Bedelia chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Yay, I'm finally getting around to reading this! It's been on my "to be read" list for ages.

"I was wrong. I miss you. I love you."

This short note is what piqued my interest in the story. Such a powerful message, tucked into nine little words.

And the way he just blurts out "I forgive you" on the phone. I am so curious to know how they got to this point!
LLH88 chapter 14 . 6/29/2012
Ugh, I knew this chapter was coming. After reading chapter 23, I couldn't understand why Bella would freak out over Edwards meds. Of course, now reading the update, it makes perfect sense. That doesn't mean I agree with her! I do love the way you write their relationship & am excited to see what happens to them during their separation. You have given us a glimpse to the future in the summary though, so I know not all is lost, at least I hope not. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing!

meleficent chapter 14 . 6/29/2012
So I've been keeping up with your chapters while in europe and I had to make the time to respond to this chapters... Poor Edward. I can understand where Bella was coming from but that wasn't fair to lead him on a sleep with him after that. What an emotional scene. I hope the next chapter comes out soon! And I'm going to see McMorrow tonight in Amsterdam! Can't wait to hear his lovely voice in person.
Kerstin W chapter 14 . 6/28/2012
We all knew this was coming. I understand Bella's fear but it's so hard for him. She should trust him and be braver but I guess she just can't.:-(
jmeec316 chapter 14 . 6/28/2012
Now comes the hard part.
1,371 | « Prev Page 1 .. 64 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 84 .. Last Next »