Reviews for The Traveler
wtchcool chapter 17 . 8/11/2012
You know what, I'm not going to question Jamie's giving special treatment to Vince, either.

Rollo beating up Peter. Oh boy. How did Chess let that happen? I mean, it's one thing when Rollo beats up Scales... *runs from you*

(Heh. Jack's allowed to, but what's stopping Max from doing it?) I think this is the first time Jack's been paired with Raia. Can't remember at the moment whether you already planned a chapter for that pairing for April Fish, but I suppose you'd have to now. I hadn't thought of it before, but I like it. Of course, they would have to be introduced by a mutual friend in order to get it going.

Lol. That poor counselor. I'd feel bad for him/her, but the shrink did make a voluntary decision to pursue that career.

Damn it. Now you've got part of my brain wanting to do an analysis of the legal issues involved in that incident between Liz and the reporter. Thanks a lot. *squishes that voice*

Tricky, but I'd have to say my favorite was the reveal scene in chapter 16. :)

I love how you manage to give everyone a happy ending, including Peter. :D Especially knowing how hard it is to make everyone happy when these characters have so many issues.

And I think I've mentioned before that I love Trip following in his father's footsteps (in terms of being the hero, not in terms of blockheaded-ness).

Just wow. I thought for a minute there that this was going to be like the opening of "The Incredibles," only with the bride being more violent, and then there was that twist. Which should've been a relief, but I'd already wrapped my head around Trip/Liz (don't ask me how). But you did lay a foundation for Liz and Gerry, albeit subtly. I approve. (And now I'm going to wonder who Trip winds up with. *sighs* Hm. What did I write in OWAT's epilogue...?)

Excellent fic overall.
D'North chapter 17 . 8/10/2012
Once again, love this chapter. Thanks for this really great story! I was really surprised that it was Gerry and Liz getting married, but I like it.
Gotham Siren chapter 17 . 8/10/2012
Huh. I so didn't see that coming. Did enjoy the twist, though.

I'm really sad to see this ending, but all's well that ends well, I suppose. Still shed a tear at losing Vinwell, though. :(

Oh well. Knew it was gonna happen. At least everyone's happy. Even Jack got in on the happiness. :)

My favorite scenes were obviously any with Vince and Orwell in the same room. The possibilities are endless there! :D And I also loved anything with Liz in it as well.

Can't wait for TEHI's epilogue! :)

Gotham Siren chapter 16 . 8/5/2012
Loved the playful interactions between Liz and Trip. Those two are too cute.

And... at least Dana's love triangle has now come to a close. Though it was funny when Peter started unloading on her as well. I'm wondering what he and Jamie were talking about that made her so angry. Huh.

Good chapter, aside from losing Vinwell.

Sad to see another story that is coming to a close soon, but hopefully more will come where that came from, right?

Looking forward to the next chapter.

D'North chapter 16 . 8/5/2012
"Today, I watched my husband's best friend willingly chuck himself into the loony bin at Owl Island because he's an idiot. Then, I had Scales—you know, the scary British smuggler that broke his kid's nose for no reason I know of—break down in my arms, sobbing like a little kid. The only thing that could make this trifecta perfect would be you telling me that my husband isn't dead and you're him."-Definitely my favorite paragraph in the chapter.
Add to the fact that Trip does in fact know his "best friend the vigilante" is his father, and Dana's reaction throughout the chapter, and I have to say i love this chapter. I find it absolutely hilarious, and I'm glad Dana finally knows Vince is alive.
wtchcool chapter 16 . 8/5/2012
Actually, feeling sorry for Trip. What is it with the Faraday men and defenestration?

Hey! No taking over the world for... Oh, she was kidding about that. Lol. :)

Maybe Dana wants to be armed with more than just breath freshener. Or she's seen that Stiletto episode of Smallville too many times.

*squees* :D I love reveal scenes! *sighs* Vince, she clearly told you to wait until after she drank more wine. Does he not listen?

*snickers* Poor Vince. Um, Jack's going to keep that a secret, right?

Ohh. Nice fireworks. Does that mean Jamie told her father she's Orwell?

:) *nods* It's completely unfair that the villain's hot and all. *sighs*

Aw, see? Fleming's just tragically misunderstood. Lol.

And my money's on Peter, although I suppose Jamie would be mad at him if he hurt Rollo. But she's already mad at him...

Terrific chapter!
wtchcool chapter 15 . 7/29/2012
*nods* Peter is still the bad guy when Scales is the one beating his kid? Really? *pouts*

The title you picked works too. And *listens to song* Well, Liz wasn't dumped by some loser named Johnny on her birthday.

Trip's a good friend.

Liz as the normal one. I'm going to have to try to wrap my mind around that.

Well, Trip's idea of trying to fix the timeline had merit. But Liz has a point; there's just no predicting how the butterfly effect's going to go. (Have you read "Sound of Thunder"?)

Lol. So, Dana's problem with Trip's argument isn't that she questions that the comic book character is real, just his trustworthiness. :) Interesting.

Oh. I vote for her sitting on him to take it off. All in favor? :D I enjoyed this chapter, but that would be brilliant.
Gotham Siren chapter 15 . 7/28/2012
Yep. That fits! *hugs Liz*

Nice chapter. I'm glad to see that Scales has come to his senses about what he's done to his daughter. The voice message was really sweet. And it made me wanna hug both Liz and her daddy. Also nice to see that Scales turned down Fleming's job to kill Marty. Looks like both of our Scales' have the right state of mind. (Of course, mine gets Dana as a prezzie for being so good. :))

Dana is going to need a lot of coffee to figure this one out, isn't she? Well, I can't wait to see what else is gonna go down!

wtchcool chapter 14 . 7/21/2012
I knew Scales'd make a lousy dad. I just knew- *runs from you* But what the hell? He forgets the date and he forgets the kid needs food, and on top of that, let's beat the nine-year-old because she caught you torturing somebody from ARK? Somebody call social services!

Oh wait. We can't. Because despite his colossal screwup, the kid still cares about him too much to let ARK get any more ammunition over him. *sighs* If it wasn't for that skin condition I'd be wondering if she's related to him. *hugs Liz* Poor kid.

Lol, and poor Travis. The Cape just has this horrible effect on motor-vehicles. Perhaps he was trying to open the door for Mr. Hall? ;)

Trip, Skype can't bother you if you log off. *is worried about the future of Palm City...and about Orwell* Yeah. He probably should've been as direct as possible in warning Jamie. :/

Dana was thinking she wants to protect the kid and Noodles and her family, if possible. She's so underappreciated.

Gee, I wonder why their kisses get interrupted all the time? You don't suppose they're not meant to be?

All ranting aside, good chapter. And am supremely glad that it's not the end of the fic.
Gotham Siren chapter 14 . 7/21/2012
Scales! I understand that you need to protect your kid, but come on! Just a pat on the rear would have been seen fit.

And Dana did what was best, I believe. She's got mother's intuition coursing through her blood, after all.

Poor, poor Liz. *huggles her* Happy Birthday, sweetie. :) Sorry your nose is broken. :( That's a present of a lifetime, huh?

Good chapter, despite me feeling sorry for Liz. At least she has Trip to help comfort her, in some weird way that is their wacky relationship.

Looking forward to the next update.

Guest chapter 13 . 7/16/2012
Scales. She should end up with Scales. And Vince should just stop moping about it... better yet... have him mope about it to Orwell. That's always a good set-up for Vinwell. They're already going to be at that tender state since we're at episode eight already. *stares at you*

I do feel sorry for Dana, though. Poor girl has enough troubles with her love life.

It's nice to see Liz making friends with Trip and Gerry though. :) Three amigos! :D

Looking forward to more! (Especially anything positive regarding Vinwell...) :)

wtchcool chapter 13 . 7/15/2012
I think we have the same opinion on that, which puzzles me a little. I thought for sure you would've been rooting for Scales rather than the Cape.

And now I know what song you used for the chapter title! :)

Lol. So the Raouls aren't entirely unapproachable once you know which peace offerings to go with, huh?

Aw. Jealous!Vince is kind of cute, in a freaky, oh-god-that's-why-he-was-in-charge-of-the-Jackals way.

*winces* Damn. Poor Jamie. Guess the kids weren't able to change that part of the timeline.

Hm. Maybe if the Cape asked Marty really nicely?

Lol. How could Dana not want to know? :) Although, I don't think Liz will be too happy if their pushing results in Vince killing Scales in a jealous rage.

Dana ought to know that offers expire after a lapse of time.

Whoa. Way easier to explain it via Lydia. Or possibly Trip rubbing off on Liz, but then Dana doesn't realize that they've known each other that long.

*snickers* Is it a crime for Dana to talk to her husband?

Very good chapter. :)
wtchcool chapter 12 . 7/7/2012
She's supposed to end up with Vince! (Unless Vince is no longer available, of course.)

You know things are bad when you don't have time to worry about your son's best friend trying to set you up with her smuggler father.

Yeah, her vigilante just happens to be a lying coward.

Oh dear. If you're not supposed to text and drive, I'm quite sure you're not supposed to read a book and drive. Although that must've been one helluva traffic jam.

Lol. Poor Trip. Maybe he and Dresden can form a support group for the unusually tall.

He's watching cartoons... Is he trying to convince others that he's ten or himself?

Oh wow. Vince's death and funeral; heavy stuff. *hugs Trip* They'll fix it, I'm sure.

:D The client that mooned ARK wouldn't be anyone we know, would it?

Great chapter! Looking forward to more.
Gotham Siren chapter 12 . 7/7/2012
I want Dana to end up with Scales, of course! :)

Cute little chapter, poor Dana. So many different possible bachelors, but only one can win her heart! :P Oh this is gold.

*snickers* And Trip drinking coffee is still funny as hell.

The part about Vince's death was sad though; it was nice to see how Jack and Trip knew each other, but the circumstances were still sad.

I missed Liz this chapter! *hugs her*

Other than that, I really enjoyed the chapter. Looking forward to the next.

Gotham Siren chapter 11 . 6/28/2012
Okay, so I'm finally posting a review, yay! (Sorry for the lateness.)

Lovely little chapter. It is a bit saddening that Trip didn't get a tub of ice cream, but I'm sure I'll get over it. :)

Poor Dana. *gives her punching bag with Marty's face on one side and Fleming's on the other*

Nice to see Liz again. :) And I'm starting to see Trip/Liz more and more as the story progresses. Sad that her daddy died when she was so young, though. :(

Good work on this chapter. :) Looking forward to more!