Reviews for A Midsummer Day's Dream
Guest chapter 9 . 6/28/2012
There's actually no maiden name given in the series for Cathy Gale. One day on the forum, we were discussing the chess-themed names in The Avengers (Emma Knight, Tara King, Mike Gambit), and I suggested that Cathy's maiden name would sound right as "Bishop". That was one of the seeds for writing this story, but it's not canonical in any way :) - Bit.
ermintrude421 chapter 9 . 6/28/2012
What a fun and wonderful story! Intensely freudian, and the references to the series and your previous stories added to all the fun.

Too bad Steed's dream was just a dream. Still...

Hopefully there's more where all this came from. It was April Fools, but well worth the effort. And I learned that Cathy Gale's maiden name was Bishop. Always loving the tidbits. Your stories are so multi-layered, and your series of stories are a great addition to the original show, using the convenient gaps. Please keep writing them. I'm dying to know how you resolve the Ladja so the wants to go with him at the end, when he 'returns' from the Amazon.
CoolBurrn chapter 9 . 6/18/2012
Well, I for one appreciate the "racy" bit. I think you stayed true to your style by making it a dream sequence, but also allowing the awake Steed and Emma to keep the question alive. What happens is left to the individuals imagination staying true to the show itself.

All your Avenger stories are exceptional. The wit, the excitement, the characters are very Avengeresque. You capture the essence of Steed and Emma so perfectly.

I look forward to further adventures and the eventual, final encounter between Emma and the Ladja!
Bit chapter 9 . 6/18/2012
Sorry about the raciness in ch. 9, though it was edited to heck and back to make it generic enough for a T rating (probably could have cut more). The point was to show while Emma's dream was fantastic, romantic, Freudian, indirect, and unarticulated (though decidedly kinky), Steed's dream was direct, racy, and unambiguous. How would he deal with a seductive, aggressive Emma? Would he imagine her offering herself to him body and soul? I meant to show that he would be confused and uncertain, so it's almost with a sense of relief that he wakes to a fully dressed and playfully romantic Emma, the way their relationship should be. Or should it?
noncynic chapter 9 . 6/18/2012
Loved it. Certainly far too racy for those days, but very well done.
Stellata chapter 9 . 6/18/2012
Hoorah! That was wonderful, quite a fabulous dream! I love your Avengers stories, and eagerly await the next. Thank you.
Bit chapter 8 . 6/17/2012
Sorry for the delay finishing. The whole point of the piece was to show that Emma subconsciously realizes the true identity of the arch-traitor the Ladja, but since she can't even remember her own name in the dream (in spite of all the uses of 'knight' and 'peel'), the secret is going to remain hidden in her mind until a later date, when she recalls this dream. I know, hardly seems worth an entire story, but it was a bit of fun.
noncynic chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
Nice Read. And as usual the plan to be subtle gets blown, and it's full speed ahead into whatever trap awaits. Will be waiting for the next chapter.
ermintrude421 chapter 5 . 5/8/2012
BitShifter, you are a real hoot! ROTFLMAO-I love how you have been weaving the episode names into this wacky psychedelic story. I do like how the gender is never what you;d expect-and Emma's chagrin at the deficiency of her bosom. As if.

Your stuff is always great, and this though very different, is another wonderful addition to your corpus of work. PLEASE keep it coming, and I eagerly await the next installment.
CoolBurrn chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
Your writing is brilliant! It is a real pleasure to read your stories. The characterizations are spot on and your ideas are so creative. Life has got to be a kick with a mind like yours!

I am loving all the puns as I'm a punster myself. Great stuff slipping in the Cathy Gale episodes. Oh yeah, and all that inuendo gets my blood up! I'm your junkie and I need another fix!
noncynic chapter 5 . 4/16/2012
Well, that last confrontation was, storywise, almost inevitable. You have great imagination and humor, and it all fits with the time of the show. I did wonder, however, due to your list of favorite shows, if there might be a Knight Templar hanging about somewhere?
Stellata chapter 5 . 4/16/2012
Another exciting chapter! And the REAL black knight - le gasp! I can't wait to see what happens next .
Bit chapter 5 . 4/15/2012
This chapter, and all those remaining, are freshly written to complete this story (the first 4 chapters were written 3 years ago.) You may notice a distinct change in tone, as if the story was being finished in a completely different style and at great expense by a group of wonder llamas. Enjoy!
Stellata chapter 4 . 4/3/2012
Goodness. That was quite an ending. And yes, Steed IS Emma's, Miss King...

Looking forward to another chapter!
Stellata chapter 2 . 4/3/2012