Reviews for The End Justifies the Past
Lakitalover chapter 6 . 10/19/2014
I think you've captured the group dynamics quite well in this story.
delia cerrano chapter 6 . 5/10/2012
So glad you updated. Fiona is such a character - keeping the men straight. Your characterizations were so good.
bcmom chapter 6 . 5/6/2012
Great job. Wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Amanda Hawthorn chapter 6 . 5/6/2012
Sorry it's taken me a while to catch up. I thouroughly enjoyed this whole story and I really hope you write some more soon. I hope your mum is doing ok
DaisyDay chapter 6 . 5/6/2012
Oh, glad to see this has been updated and completed!

What a wonderful adventure!

I especially liked this last chapter, showing how the three had each other's back. I was actually smiling during the whole bar scene!

Hope PurdysPal keeps that pointy stick nearby!
Preeti chapter 6 . 5/5/2012
Very well written story, hope you have many more ideas!
Jedi Skysinger chapter 6 . 5/5/2012
Perfect ending to a terrific story. So many good lines in there. I loved the beautifully understated (and yet totally in character) "make up" scene between Mike and Sam ("It was a weird sense of power to know that he could send Michael Westen packing" and "Hearing Michael call things murky was as close as he'd ever heard the man admit to being wrong.")

You totally had the dynamic between the three of them down cold - how they play off of each other and how they all work together - ("Michael shrugged and accepted the fact he had friends. Fiona looked happy and relaxed. So Sam smiled and fit in, but he felt a nervous energy and knew it would be soon enough before they were back in the thick of things.") It was like watching a tag piece of a really good BN episode! Bravo - well done!
purdys pal chapter 6 . 5/5/2012
I've been waiting for this final chapter for quite a while, I was so glad to see it waiting for me this morning. I was beginning to think that the pointy stick was going to need sharpening. LOL : )

You were spot on all the way through with the way you had the characters interact and you didn't disappoint with this chapter either. I'll be looking out for your next story.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 6 . 5/5/2012
I have thoroughly enjoyed this wonderfully engaging tale and it has been a pleasure to see Sam, Michael, Fiona and Maddie portrayed so completely in character.

My heart really went out to Sam as the story progressed and while I was pleased to see Fiona of all people defending him so emphatically I was sad that Michael thought badly of Sam so quickly, even though his reactions were understandable in some ways at the same time.

My favourite chapter was the last, when he and Sam made peace. In typical man fashion of course *g* That scene was done particularly well because it clearly showed the bond between them and Michael's regret for his actions without being too mushy or taking them out of character.

The final scene with all three of them was the icing on the cake and I did chuckle at poor Sam being battered repeatedly by Fiona. The fact he actually likes it in a way because it's proof of their friendship is just added amusement.

Great story :)
unwittingcatalyst chapter 6 . 5/4/2012
So many lovely moments in this subtle chapter!-as Sam's relationships with Victoria, Mike, and Fi find a right balance. I love Victoria's unstated and gentle recognition of who Sam is. I LOVE his immediate, instinctive welcome of that-his hug and so-Samlike wish to be there for her and her mom-and I love his thoughts throughout that encounter, his concerns for her despite his own troubles.

The conversation with Mike is wonderful-Mike's regret is palpable, and Sam's relief what we want after the troubles throughout the story. You've got Mike's awkward way of relating with people down cold, and of course my favorite is the joy in Sam at the reconciliation. And, Sam's later mental summary of that scene is perfect: "He and Mikey had reached a peaceful accord in the traditional guy method - they skirted the issue and drank some alcohol. They were good."

Finally, the teasing and unstated affection and rock solid support Fi and Sam have for each other is beautiful. I especially enjoy Sam *enjoying* her hitting him, knowing what it means, knowing its friendship-and there are some great lines here:

"If there's one thing about you, Fi, you're always very clear."

Fiona smiled as she took a sip of her iced tea. "Thanks, Sam."

I can't help but remember the (equally wonderfully subtle) "murky" line earlier. The implicit understanding between these two "vitriolic friends" is great.

And then this:

*"Michael, hasn't this little episode taught you anything?" Fiona was pulling her sunglasses back down. "We're stronger when we're together. It's when we stand alone that we're weak." This time the smack to his bicep was unexpected and Sam winced aloud. "Right, Sam?"

"I'm not gonna agree with you just *because* you hit me," Sam rubbed at the red marks appearing on his arm.

Sam watched as a grin appeared on Michael's face...

Love Sam's line there-it's so obvious he does agree, and isn't going anywhere, and he and Fi's loyalty to Mike and to each other is steadfast-and Mike knows it.

Thank you for this story!
coolaquariun chapter 5 . 4/20/2012
The ways Maddie and Fi sought for bringing Sam and Michael into the same room were so true to their characterization. Michael needs to talk to Sam and apologise for his lack of trust.
coolaquariun chapter 4 . 4/20/2012
Great job, I am proud of Fi for sticking with Sam and trying to find a way out of this situation. Madeline talking about Michael's childhood was heartbreaking.
bcmom chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
Great job! Wow! More please. Thanks :)
delia cerrano chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
Good story - especially good job on Madelaine.
FMSMandi chapter 5 . 4/18/2012
Even when Sam tries to do the right thing it still comes back to bite him in one way or another
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »