Reviews for The Dawning Of the Coming Thing
IcyWaters chapter 20 . 9/1/2012
You saved the best for last. :-) This was a great action-packed chapter mixed with some heartwarming romance and a touch of humor. Very nice! I enjoyed the combination of Brisco's know how with Cal's military training. They make a fantastic team.

"Well boy, aren't you gonna kiss my daughter?"

LOL, I like Reverend Hart. Is it too much to ask for a sequel, or at the very least, another Brisco story? :-)

Thank you for the great Brisco story. It's about time our lawyer turned bounty hunter got a full length, completed adventure on this site. :-)
IcyWaters chapter 19 . 9/1/2012
The opening of this chapter had me dying of curiosity in regards to the budding love triangle. I couldn't fathom how you would resolve it with just one chapter left...then Sara appeared again. Cal longs for Louisa since she's a reminder of his past, er, I mean his future (this can get confusing fast, hehe), but he's been smitten with Sara since he first arrived.

Each man gets the girl of his dreams, or so I hope. :-)

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I've got to ask you about sarsaparilla barrels. I'm familiar with the beverage, but it sounds like what Cal is buying is a dried product he eats. I thought sarsaparilla roots are rather bitter. What are these? A search online didn't lead me to much. Thanks! :-)
IcyWaters chapter 18 . 9/1/2012
Damn, I realize Pete has a reputation for having more lives than a cat, but for him to survive getting blown to kingdom come is a new record. :-)

"Socrates protested and leaned away from Bowler. He picked up his chair with his body still in it and hopped away a few feet while Bowler glared at him."

I love that! It's just *so* Socrates. :-)

Hmm, Louisa and Soc? Now there's a relationship I didn't see coming. I do like them together. Since her feelings for Cal don't seem to be reciprocated, I hope she won't hold back from our loveable attorney.
IcyWaters chapter 17 . 9/1/2012
I was so excited when this chapter started off with an appearance from Socrates! He's been the only thing missing from this story so far. :-)

But then Pete's evil plan came into play. As much as I've always liked him, he got what he deserved - and I doubt he can come back to life after his one! Turning Dixie into a walking bomb was horrific, even for Pete. Knowing that he shot Cal makes it even worse.

I'm not lingering around in this review box. I've got another chapter to get to.
IcyWaters chapter 16 . 9/1/2012
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this story. It seems every time I've tried to take a peek this past week, I run into site maintenance and glitches.

Hmm, I sense Kelly's found what she needs to stay. :-) Dixie's right - Louisa has it bad for Cal. I do hope they sort out their differences before anything bad happens. I loved Dixie giving those gossips a piece of her mind! Way to go, Mrs. County! :-)

Ah, Pete, I usually like you, but kidnapping a pregnant woman and tossing her over a horse is not nice! If the future holds true, the baby is safe... Right?
IcyWaters chapter 15 . 8/26/2012
Dr. Davis sounds like a potential match for Kelly. :-)

Woohoo, Brisco and Dixie are married and expecting a baby! Thank you for not dragging the engagement and wedding out as many authors tend to do in other fandoms. They deserve to be together without a lot of drama pulling them apart.

That sneaky Pete spied the Fiesta. It's going to be fun to watch him try to steal it - and Boweler's reaction to the vehicle. :-) I also loved the ending of this chapter with Wickwire flirting with the pretty girls. Where are the Schwenke sisters?
IcyWaters chapter 14 . 8/26/2012
Interesting turn of events! I never expected another time machine to be built, let alone that Kelly and Louisa would travel back in time.

Something tells me Dixie isn't going to be too pleased to learn her man spent six months with a woman who's a dead ringer for her. Watch out, Brisco! :-)
IcyWaters chapter 13 . 8/26/2012
Oops, it looks like I jumped the gun in my last review.

When Dixie said, "Sheriff Weatherly had to keep his post until they could get someone new to take your place," I had assumed Weatherly held off for as long as possible, but finally got someone to take over the position.

About time Brisco proposed. :-) It looks like the wedding will happen soon, provided no catastrophes happen. With Pete around, that doesn't seem likely.

If I felt sorry for Cal in the last chapter, my heart breaks for him now. At least Brisco had hope of returning to his time. Cal doesn't even have that to hang onto. The one positive is that he has a loyal friend in Brisco.

Oh, and I loved Cal's reaction to Bowler!
IcyWaters chapter 12 . 8/26/2012
Brisco and Dixie sure do sizzle, don't they? :-) I'm glad they're finally back together. Hmm, so who did Weatherly get to fill the sheriff's office? I have a sneaking suspicion we might be seeing Bowler soon. In all honestly, I'm not sure why he'd take the job, other than to be close to the search for Brisco, but I miss our cantankerous manhunter.

Ooh, that reminds me, will we be seeing Socrates at all?

I feel sorry for Cal, and his phone just added to the sadness. When the battery dies, he loses all his pictures of his friends and family. Maybe Wickwire can figure out a way to charge it?
IcyWaters chapter 11 . 8/26/2012
"They're related? Oh dear, I don't even want to think of how."

Ha, that had me rolling in laughter. I can't believe the Swills managed to add a few generations to that gnarled and twisted family tree. Glad Louisa turned out to be an ally.

Love how Borland and the rest of the station banded together to provide backup to Brisco and Cal. Borland's "Damn!" had me chuckling. Are you sure he isn't a descendant of Bowler's? ;-)

Well, we know Pete's no dead. Nothing can slay him! I'm going to hope they're back in Brisco's time because there's no way to use the truck now. Poor Cal - he's never going to survive without his coffee shops and fast food.
IcyWaters chapter 10 . 8/26/2012
Brisco is definitely adjusting well to 2012. The bounty hunter in the show would never handle a woman that way! :-)

It's always a thrill to see Comet. It's just like him to ham it up in front of an audience, hehe. The ride Brisco and Kelly shared was nice. I do hope they can get past the awkwardness of their attraction and be good friends.

That second to last paragraph sounds ominous...
IcyWaters chapter 9 . 8/26/2012
Woohoo, Pete Hutter! As much as I get a kick out of the Swill Brothers, Pete's my favorite foe. He's at his best lamenting over his piece. :-) Picturing his amazement with a sliding glass door gave me a good laugh.

I continue to be impressed by how you show the modern world through Brisco's eyes. What a shock it must be to learn how rampant divorce is, let alone the multitude of single mothers. Exploring the contrasts in food is fascinating, too. I can understand how contemporary fast food would disagree with Brisco.

Gasp, he never had a chocolate chip cookie? The horror! :-) I also like how he doesn't want to get too attached to any new type of food because he won't be able to get it back home.

My favorite part is definitely the shooting range with Borland. I like how these two very different men are also forming a bond. Good stuff!
IcyWaters chapter 8 . 8/26/2012
I don't blame Debbie at all for trying to catch Brisco's eye. :-) That handsome face combined with those old-fashioned manners is quite alluring!

I also like how Brisco's talents for catching the bad guys are just as useful in the 21st Century as they are in his own time. Brains win out over computers any day, hehe. The image of him pecking away on a keyboard makes me smile.

Ah, the Swill Brothers! I always got a good laugh out of them. I didn't expect them to pop up in this story, so that's a real treat. But the mention of Bly has me nervous. I'm not sure what his motives would be to bring Brisco's old foes into the future, but if he's behind this, no good will come of it!
IcyWaters chapter 7 . 8/25/2012
I'm enjoying the friendship developing between Brisco and Cal. It's good for our hero to have someone to talk with and relate his adventures to. I'd be as awestruck as Cal if I had a real life Western sheriff sitting next to me.

"Three?" His smile brightened up his whole face. "Well, how about that!"

Brisco's reaction at learning he and Dixie have three kids is priceless. Again, it's just so *him.*
IcyWaters chapter 6 . 8/25/2012
Hmm, so does this mean Lord Bowler had a daughter? ;-) I'm curious what will turn up when Borland runs the gun. Considering its age, there won't be a serial number.

Brisco dreaming of a life with Dixie as his wife and two kids, complete with a dog and Comet playing in the yard is just so *him.* They need to hurry up, find Bracket and get him back home where he belongs.