Reviews for Family is Forever
Sebu the Chemist chapter 20 . 1/26
Good story, I really enjoyed reading it! The only thing that left me empty was the ending. I wasn't that disappointed than I was supposed to be, but still, I feel like it should have ended with Bentley realizing that it's him who freed Michael, and that's why Michael didn't try to kill Bentley. He just would have let everything happen just as it did. It was due to Bentley traveling to the past, why Bentley, Murray and Sly met i the orphanage. This would make more sense, considering some time travel theories. Anyways, Your story was good. Right from the beginning. Keep up the good work
TerrytheFerry chapter 20 . 6/7/2013
So Bentley wanted to sacrifice his life to give his family a second chance. Selfless really. Nice way to bring the time travel part into it. You really see the relationship between Bentley and his mom and how much she mattered to him. All his survivor's guilt comes out, with his uncle, Rob, his mom :(
This was a brilliant story to read, with so many layers to it and well thought out plot and characters I can tell you put a lot of effort into it.
Keep up with the great work in the future :)
TerrytheFerry chapter 19 . 6/7/2013
It might just be me but has Bentley gone insane?
He really does feel responsible for his losing his family.
Also his Mental Health test and signs and symptoms, you just get the feeling that deep down behind his fake smile and jokes is a very tired man who has seen a lot of horrible things in his life.
TerrytheFerry chapter 16 . 6/7/2013
That was the darkest hour of Bentley's life by far. He's stops the New World Order, effectively saving everyone on the planet. Destroys his own wealth to stop the Empire from succeeding. And when all is over and he saved the day, he breaks down, because he realises he's all alone with himself now in the world :(
TerrytheFerry chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
Damn, that was dark :( Bentley's lost his mother (knowing you, she's probably still alive somewhere), Rachael, his dad, his uncle and now his closest brother. He can't tell anyone about his life (who would believe him?), he spends his days trying to protect everyone, and he's still dealing with James, Michael and the world governments planning to take over, that and he has to lie to his two best friends all the time. You can just tell he's getting more and more depressed :'( I really hope this story has a happy ending :(
TerrytheFerry chapter 12 . 6/7/2013
So, Michael's backstory has been implemented. The spice drugs is obviously a reference the second game. I like how you've sort of left Michael's mental health ambiguous. Also you're keeping up with James's story nicely and then there's "the movement" which interest me, much like our nations and countries today the leaders are debatable and questionable in what they do so is 'the movement'. It's the shame you're doing less with Sly and Murray as Bentley's life becomes more serious :(
TerrytheFerry chapter 11 . 6/7/2013
Again with the government vs the people. The law allowing citizens to be detained is a nod to Obama passing the law to allow the uniformed services to detain US Citizens in FEMA Camps, again more references to conspiracy theories and a New World Order (which the Empire are supposed to represent) with the 'criminals' like the Cooper Gang trying to stop it.
TerrytheFerry chapter 9 . 6/7/2013
I knew the fortune would come back into it. Looks like James is trying to fill his father's shoes and start a New World Order or something like that. I like how you portray the thieves and the corrupt powers that be as not so different. Even the vigilantism is questionable. Food for thought really. Oh, and nice one on bringing Sly 1 into this smoothly.
TerrytheFerry chapter 7 . 6/7/2013
So Bentley has his family fortune now. I get the feeling this'll probably be a plot point later. I really like the bond you created between Raphael and Sly. The closure for Sly is realistic as he's still probably trying to deal with the trauma the fiendish five left him in. Also the Cooper Gang have finally made the headlines! :D Hooray! I sense a heist coming along.
TerrytheFerry chapter 6 . 6/7/2013
You get the feeling Bentley's dad's company is like a secret organisation controlling the world media, armies and uniformed services, there's just something creepy and eerie about Bentley's dad and I'm not gonna lie Bentley's dad being evil didn't really come as a shock to me. I'm still glad you're keeping the canon storyline running smoothly, with the gang's training and all. I wonder how close Sly 1 is now :}
TerrytheFerry chapter 5 . 6/5/2013
That was a really cool montage of the gang growing up. Sly and Murray kept it funny whilst Bentley's side of the story kept the drama up, nice work :) I can't wait to see what happens now with Bentley's dad and all that. I'm wondering how Bentley will tell Sly and Murray about his family.
TerrytheFerry chapter 4 . 6/5/2013
Yay! Sly is here :D That was a nice take on the Cookie Heist, i'm guessing this means the story will fall into place with the games and follow the canon story line :)
TerrytheFerry chapter 3 . 6/5/2013
I like how Bentley and Murray became friends :]
Also i'm wondering if Murray's back story at the end was pointless waffle or crucial plot details.
TerrytheFerry chapter 2 . 6/5/2013
Damn, did not see that coming. You set up all his family and then they all vanished like that. His mother was out of the way quick. On another note I like how you threw in Bentley's talent with the crossbow early. I'm wondering why Connor Cooper's Calling Card (lol alliteration) was at Bentley's home, why would he do that? Either you've made the Coopers out of character or they've been set up. Last thing, nice job on bringing the Orphanage and Murray into this, now i'm waiting for a certain raccoon to make his debut.
TerrytheFerry chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Alot happened in the first chapter. It's not very common for someone to make their first chapter so long but I could manage :p While I do love the rich background you've given Bentley with his family and what not, there are alot of new characters I had to learn. I'm curious as to what Bentley's Dad's "Empire" is and what their plans are. I'm also wondering if Sly, Murray or any of the games will come into this. Expect another review of me soon :D