Reviews for In the Middle
PolkaDot 65 chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
This was good!
Sirnonenath chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I adore how you write the little Reagans. Just the right amount of cuteness mixed with sibling rivalry mixed with childhood obnoxiousness. I love (so much!) how you depict Joe's relationship with Jamie. I like the idea that Jamie was closest with Joe (but so sad, *sob*).

"You like everything to be peaceful and quiet and happy all the time. Those two… they're never going to be like that." Haha. Nice foresight Joe. It is definitely true.

Older Jamie's reminiscing about Joe was painful to read. I like how you communicated the way Jamie must feel alienated by Erin and Danny's arguments, especially when Joe is not there as a buffer. It was actually kind of satisfying to see Jamie blow up at his siblings. I'm on his side; they do put him in the middle of their arguments by making him choose a side (lawyer vs. cop).

This was so lovely to read. Thank you!

As a side note, I've also been frustrated trying to figure out the sibling order and age differences. Glad I'm not alone in that. I like your decision on the differences in their ages. :)
Madhatter1981 chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Like how you show how little has changed between the siblings interactions. Nice inclusion of Joe.
Haley94 chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Oh my gosh, you wrote this too? I'm so glad I've added you to Author Alerts now so I don't miss anything else. This story was all kinds of fun, and not just because I have a soft spot in my heart for little Reagans. I really like the concept of Joe as a bookworm and something of a protector and rock for Jamie amidst the turmoil of Danny's and Erin's relationship. It was wrenching, but lovely, to explore what that relationship had meant to Jamie and the hole it left. You wouldn't want to take on the story of Joe's death, would you? No author has tackled it yet that I've seen, and there's SO MUCH potential in that. I've been dying for Blue Bloods flashbacks that include Joe for two years, and even tried (without success) to figure out who the actor was in the photographs they used in the pilot. I think there's so much potential there. Also, I have a copy of the pilot script around here somewhere that actually spelled out ages for the four Reagan kids, so I'll see if I can find that. I think you got it pretty darn close. Anyway, back to your story - very well done, and my only real critique is that it isn't long enough. :) Keep up the great work!
LostandAlone22 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
I really enjoyed this story. I'm not sure about which YouTube video you were talking about, but when I think about the siblings, I always place Jamie at much younger as well. I've seen authors put him as much as 14 and 12 years younger than Danny and Erin with Joe in the middle and even if the show runners give them a different age, that's the one I'm going with.
kunder chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I love it. It is very well-written, wery well-done.

Hope you will soon post some moooore blue bloods fic !
ddubgirl chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Hey cute story

Will u be writing a chapter story or and Danny/ Jamie story's.

Thanks
CBloom2 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I really liked that story! I haven't seen Reagan v Reagan yet but I love the way Jamie decided to take Danny down! Its nice to see him do his own thing instead of being in the middle of their 'discussions. Good job!
accounting professional chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Good story. I loved the interaction. I have always thought that Danny was the oldest as well. I think that he acts like he is the oldest. I loved Jamie standing up for himself.
Nonny chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Speaking as someone with brothers, I think you did a great job showcasing the blend of forbearance, abrasiveness and understanding that comes with having and living with siblings. The interaction was great, felt really natural. Good fic.
Nonny chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
VuhNessUhh chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
This was nice! I like seeing the siblings together. And I agree with you about Joe...even though he isn't a real character I miss him so it's not weird. I think an episode of flashbacks or even some flashbacks from time to time would be nice! Anyway...really liked this one shot. :)