Reviews for Destati
Guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
I could just imagine how it was playing out.
Its a cool story, keep up the good work!
Cycnus chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Woah... I'm really impressed :O
Yeah... I was kind of disappointed, too about the fact that they didn't give Vanitas more Screentime... I mean seriously? He wasn't even mentioned by Sora... While playing I only thought: “Ouw… Come on, Sora! You just saw someone who looks almost exactly like you and you… really?”
Anyway I think it’s a nice idea to show Soras side of that part of the story. You did a really good job at that. I like it how you showed the fact that a part of Soras self-confidence depends on his keyblade. Just remembering KH II “What should I do, if I can’t use my keyblade?” (Well… That wasn’t word for word what he said, I think, but yeah… you know what I mean. ‘D)
Namine031898 chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Omg, yes! I thought Vanitas should have been givena better role too. But, think. If he finally shows up after all this time, then that must be a foreshadowing that he will have an even bigger role in Kingdom Hearts 3! YAY! I love Vanitas! :3
Heya chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Your cousin's pretty good. It's a bulky story and I give you both props on straightening it out enough to make it fairly easy to understand. And yay, someone who agrees with me that the last scene with Ventus was supposed to hint that he's waking up! Honestly that scene doesn't make any sense if he wasn't waking up. There's no other explanation for it other than SE saying "haha remember this guy? Isn't his story sad? K thnx bye." I sort of felt like it was actually Riku who "woke" him up if he did wake up there, since he had been traveling through Sora's heart and gained power to wake Sora, it feels like he could have been waking Ven up as well.
Back to the story though. I liked the whole thing with Vanitas; he's one massively awesome bad guy that's for sure. But you've given him a bit more depth than SE has. Here I can almost feel sorry for him much more than in BBS. It almost feels like, in his own twisted way, he was just searching for some way to be happy, the way you've written him here. He's a wounded creature who yearns to be accepted, to feel more than just all this negativity and pain. I guess it feels like he actually is, in fact, a piece of Ventus here. Like you've acknowledged that.
SE gives us mixed messages in KH and it does get annoying. In Riku's storyline COM, they made it seem like maybe the darkness isn't necessarily that bad; it just is. You can draw power from it just like you can from light so long as you don't let it consume you. And then they turn around and make Riku ashamed of his use of the darkness in KH2 all over again. And of course there's Ven and Van, characterizing Van as being not but a complete monster made out of the darkness within Ven. He's not even a part of Ven anymore in that story.
I digress. This is the best Sora meeting Vanitas story I've read thus far however and I commend you and your cousin on the work you've put into it. I also liked that Vanitas taught Sora that while strength from your friends is good and everything, he can't rely on everyone else to give him his power. Otherwise when he needs it most they might not be around. And I also like the concept of him learning to summon a keyblade for himself.
You have a few errors here and there and some semi-awkward phrasings but nothing that really made me cringe and want to turn away from the story. It's just little errors that I think are...acceptable for un-officially published work.
mog the 13 moogle chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
That was actually really nice! I really like how you wrote each character as well!
Iscreamer1 chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Can you do an alternate ending fanfic to DDD where Sora wins the exam?
PhantomHeartless5 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Lovely Story! And I agree with you; It doesn't really make sense to have Vanitas make a cameo appearance in this game. I hope they change this in the NA version.
CasualFictionWriter23 chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I must say, this is great, I don't see any grammatical errors here from my point of view, and yeah this fanfic clearly develops Sora's thoughts to not always rely to the others and try to overcome his own weaknesses: his darkness and his fears. But I see one thing that is incorrect, Ventus heart inside Sora only gave him an ability to dual wield keyblades, in other words, Sora was purely chosen by the keyblade itself, not accidentally or by inheritance ceremonial thing. Still I love the KH3D fanfictions.
HubrisP chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
Excellent work, I was thinking of a fanfiction myself and I was wondering if you'd be interested in helping me, keep up the excellent work!
Ni-chan9 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Omg, Vanitas only gets ONE line? DX They probably did that to get the Van-Fans all excited, buy the game & then beat it, saying WTF? haha

I'm mad that Roxas only got TWO scenes! D: We need more Roxas Omg, the Sora & Roxas scene...CUTE AS HELL! I wish Sora had glomped Roxas! Not fucking Riku! Why do you do this to me SE? _

Soooo when Roxas was talking to Sora was that just Xehanort making some illusion? D':

Btw, I liked this! It was really interesting to read! Thnx!
Maya Chain 23 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I can't wait for the french translation because even in english, the symbol of heresy and X-blade things give me headache. Vanitas, he really should appear oftenly, his laugh was creepy.
UminekoKingdomHeartsFan chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Woot! This was amazing! Gone right to my favs!

I agree that giving Vanitas just one line throughout the whole game was kinda riduculous. And he only showed up in one scene too! I mean what was the point of having him there if he only gets one scene and one line!*angry face*

Well enough of my rant. Did u like the game?
Twilight Cardmistress chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
First off, thank you so much for the summary! I watched a playthrough, but the only ending streams i could find had that dumb voice blabbing and i couldnt hear a word (nor can i read the subtitles OTL)! It cleared up Xehanorts big "This is what i did and now this is what i'm gonna do" speech.

3 but it also frustrated me because of my own KH fic i started the other day...Dammit Sora, you messed everything up. Curses. At least i found this at a (hopeful) early stage so i can adapt (i hope)

Seriously, what was with that cake? and that...glasses nose mustache thing. all i could think about was the damn cake.

SPOILER TALK, Can we talk about what Xehanort was talking about with mickey? that confused me (and it might destroy what i have).

Now to talk about your story!

I'm glad you 'expanded' on what happened when Sora fell asleep. It makes it a bit easier to take Riku coming back and Sora being all "HAI I HAVE CAKE LOLOL". And also, YAY Vanitas! He's like, my favorite baddy. Mostly cause of sexy Miyu voice and best creepy laugh. He definitely needed more screen time.

...That Cake. Seriously! I was going "THE CAKE IS A LIE" the entire time. And then Yen Sid was like, NO CAKE FOR YOU!
Roxas Sandwich chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I love it.

Sora and Roxas scene was so romantic (?)

I almost cried reading their conversation ;)

I hope you and your cousin will write more ;D
ToonyTwilight chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
This story has improved the game alot for me, I'm sad I won't be able to play it because I dont have the 3DS but I'm glad to know the story and have it improved by reading fanfics such as yours.

Great work and thank you for making this for your readers.