Reviews for Savage Unbound
Paradox Predator chapter 9 . 6/28
Hey, this is a really good story, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Dude is it cool if i copy the beginning up until the part where jan asks hulk if he wanted to go with her for a wasp x hulk story im doing on wattpad
adlerj chapter 9 . 4/3
Good chapter.

I'm glad that things are slightly calming down a bit for now. While I know that it won't stay this way for long at all, at least they're having a slight breather now.

Sally's an interesting character. However, while I don't like her plan with Jan, I'm certain that it won't work here.

Interesting start with Trask. Looking forward to what he has planned in the future.

The kids with Hulk, Wasp and Iron Man were a lot of fun! Makes me wonder what Bruce was thinking inside the Hulk's head during this! Would have been fun to see that!

I'm glad that Hill is retreating for a bit. Also, while I seriously doubt this, hopefully the President will make her see a TINY bit of reason here, although, like I said, I really doubt it.

Interesting ending with the Gamma leak. Hopefully there won't be much consequences from that.

Keep up the great work!
Star Saber21 chapter 9 . 3/5
Great chapter, I loved the part where the kids were climbing all over Hulk and then when the kids attack Iron Man for making fun of him. I did not see that coming, well done my friend. I wonder what the Avengers plan is next but first these gamma cores are gonna be a big problem. Keep up the great work.
Rassilon001 chapter 9 . 3/5
Some nice callback to Iron Man’s origins, always welcome.

This was touched upon in the previous chapter but it’s interesting how the other Avengers are either struggling with or giving into more destructive impulses as they fight. Because unlike trashing supervillains in a relatively removed environment, they’re fighting soldiers (who should be on the side of good) to protect civilians. Some are coming close to almost Hulk-like anger dealing with their enemies. In a way, this unifies the title to encompass all of them, as well as the more obvious references to Big Green and the upcoming She-Hulk.

Okay that was adorable, little kids love the Hulk. And who wouldn’t? Very cute. And it continues to push Hill’s buttons, oh how I love it!

But that last scene.. oh dear. Ross, you done goofed. Thank goodness the doses were too low to affect those poor kids. Or any of the Avengers, who’ve lived that nightmare already. Can't wait for more!
Brad W chapter 9 . 3/4
Just binge read this story, loved it and I am looking forward to seeing how the aftermath of this whole event plays out. Keep up the good work!
PhinalPhantasy chapter 9 . 3/3
I'm glad to see this story coming back! and what a good scene! tony going all out to protect his employees was awesome. hulk and the children were hilarious! Janet is fun as always. maybe she can actually outsmart that reporter chick at her own game in the interview.
GreenScar1990 chapter 9 . 3/3
Once again, incredible work.

You're one of the few writers on this site, like myself, who is actually familiar with the Hulk outside the usual media of the films & TV shows (animated & live-action). You really have a solid grasp of understanding the Hulk/Banner character, which only strengthens your work. And I have no qualm with Hulk showing a softer side from time to time, as most of the time he's in his usual mode of a heroic, unstoppable, indestructible, raging gamma goliath. So, seeing him display his softer side to the children and Wasp isn't something I really have a problem with in the least.

After all, some of my favorite pages or panels in over 50 years worth of Hulk comics don't always involve him smashing. Sometimes, the quiet or emotional scenes are the best. The final page of Incredible Hulk #611, the wedding ceremony between Hulk & Caiera during Greg Pak's "Planet Hulk", and the first page of Incredible Hulks #618 involving Hulk and his son Skaar are three that immediately come to mind.

He may be monstrous, but Hulk is still a hero. Yeah, he can be extremely dangerous at times, but he still manages to go out of his way to protect the puny humans and heroes that fear and often hate him. It's an aspect of the character that you continue to display and capture perfectly, whether he's concerned about his cousin Jennifer, Janet/Wasp and his fellow teammates, or the puny humans caught in the crossfire.

And you've got a point about gamma weapons being more effective against the Hulk, as they're immensely powerful and pack quite a devastating punch. But even then those weapons can only do so much. And it doesn't help matters when Hulk's body can absorb gamma and various other vast energy sources, thus greatly increasing his power that he receives from an omniversal source. I'm glad you brought gamma weapons into the story, as they're sometimes overlooked.

Anyway, it would appear that Trask has something sinister planned. I'm quite certain it isn't something good. And Maria Hill & SHIELD aren't making things any easier for the Avengers. I can only hope that they'll get a much-needed... smash-down, both on the battlefield and in court. It's the very least that Hill, SHIELD, and Ross deserve. It's also quite apparent that Sally Floyd is intent on becoming famous as a reporter, even at the expense of the Avengers. That's pretty low, though not quite on the level of Ross & Hill, but still pretty damn low.

And was that a subtle hint of the Merged/Professor Hulk's attire during Peter David's Pantheon saga? I liked that very much. Always liked that design. One of my personal favorites right alongside Hulk's gladiator & war armor he donned in "Planet Hulk" & "World War Hulk". I also really liked Hulk's attire during Pak's "Incredible Hulks" run with the black shorts and utility belt. Don't get me wrong, I love the classic shredded purple shorts look, but Janet does have somewhat of a point. A little update in wardrobe couldn't hurt, though I can't see Hulk being so eager to go for his fitting.

All in all, this was a very enjoyable chapter. I'm quite looking forward to the next one, especially as the bond between Hulk/Banner & Wasp/Janet continues to develop. It's fortunate that you're making this into your own story without including the events of A:EMH Season 2 into the mix. The 2nd season had some really good episodes, but it was very much in disarray. A lot of loose threads, unfinished stories (I mean, not continuing the Surtur saga? That really irked me.), and lack of consistency involving the relationships that the characters had formed with one another during the 1st season are some of the main problems it had. It certainly didn't help matters, which is why I believe the 1st season to be far better in terms of the character, the overall execution, and the overall quality.

As I've said before, and I'll say it again, I am really looking forward to future chapters of this story. I would be quite thrilled if you had plans to do a sequel where Hulk is forced to protect the world, including those he cares for and those who hate him, from a truly massive galactic-level threat. The only one I can think of that could possibly fit in this type of scenario would be Lord Armageddon and alien race of the Troyjan Empire. After all, it was Hulk who killed his warrior son, Trauma/Troh-Maw (in PAD's Incredible Hulk #416). It would give the powerful cosmic warlord reason to target Hulk, his allies, and his world. For it is vengeance that would drive him to seek to destroy Hulk and everything he holds dear. I could just imagine (and shudder) at what would happen if he were to take notice of Janet/Wasp's close relationship with the Hulk. He'd definitely take sick pleasure in harming someone whom he believed to be a close friend or a potential love interest to the jade giant.

Wherever you decide to go with this story, and any future installments, I wish you the best of luck.

Live long and prosper.

GreenScar1990
FLASHFAN123 chapter 9 . 3/2
In this chapter, you mentioned Spider-man. Will Spider-man make an appearance later on in this story? How old will your incarnation be? Should I imagine the voice of Chistopher Daniel Barnes or Josh Keaton while reading his dialogue? I'm a big fan of this story and I'm looking forward to see where it's going.
Nicochan11 chapter 9 . 3/2
Hill's going to be in very big trouble with Fury when he gets back. That is, if the President doesn't punish her first.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 9 . 3/2
Whoa, very good one, and great job with all the Avengers. Also nice, funny scenes with the kids, and showing them giving Hulk some well-deserved respect.

Keep the good writing.
bissek chapter 9 . 3/2
Hill and Ross made one very big mistake. A little law called posse comitatus that makes it illegal to use military personnel to arrest non-military personnel for things that did not occur on federal property. It's only been on the books for 135 years now, so I'm sure they just forgot about it. Ross can be legally sentenced to two years in prison for trying to use the Army to arrest the Avengers without authorization from Congress or the President.

I can think of two explanations why they'd forget this. From a Doylist perspective, enforcing this law realistically in the Marvel universe significantly reduces the means by which Ross can oppose the Hulk without getting arrested himself, which makes him rather useless as an antagonist. From a Watsonian perspective, Hill and Ross probably figure that this law shouldn't apply to super-powered individuals on the grounds that if Hulk doesn't feel like getting arrested, there's no way any police force in the world could subdue him, and are acting on their interpretation of the law without bothering to check if anyone else in the world agrees with them.

Interesting how when the Avengers are not obeying her orders, Hill decides they aren't following the rules, and when they point out that her actions are dubiously legal or moral, Hill decides that they're hiding behind the rules.
swartzvald chapter 9 . 3/2
If hill still has a job after this I will be very dissapointed. Sooo glad she's not like this in the movies.
swartzvald chapter 6 . 3/2
Do I even want to know what a "squim" is?
swartzvald chapter 4 . 3/2
Just a thought, but if they have a recording of Hill's whole "I am a nazi" rant, wouldn't it be easier to just play it for the horde of reporters? Given how the media works, she'd have practically every government on earth demanding her resignation by the end of the day.