Reviews for Owned
bluebell11 chapter 35 . 4/30/2014
Omg I love the poetry, it's so sad!
bluebell11 chapter 34 . 4/30/2014
Oh Annie... Again, this story is so good!
bluebell11 chapter 29 . 4/29/2014
I really liked Finnick's poems from the previous chapters. Yay Annie!
bluebell11 chapter 19 . 4/26/2014
Wow! :D
bluebell11 chapter 16 . 4/25/2014
Ahhhh! This is so sad! Jeannie! Finnick! Oh, Finnick! :,O
You are an incredibly amazing writer.
bluebell11 chapter 13 . 4/25/2014
This is the best fanfiction I have ever read! It has an amazing plot, and you are extremely talented! I love it so far! :D
Guest chapter 35 . 4/8/2014
loving the fic very much. nice job on the poems, very clever chapter 153 . 3/8/2014
There is so much I love about this fic, I'd run into the character limit before I could possibly type it all. Suffice to say, I love the characterization, the creativity, the poetry (God, that was beautiful), the pacing, and the Roman influences.

I think a lot of writers on here place too much stress on the actual games and not enough on the character that started or survived those games. I think you paced that remarkably well, and the creativity of those games! Spectacular! And then I'm a lover of the classics, so the mentions to the Curia, the Praetorian Guard, the opening of the gladiatorial games (I'm glad someone else thought about that too!)... Absolutely perfect. And then the ending... Maybe it's just the book purist in me, but I'm happy you killed Finnick off. As much as I live him, the story just isn't the same without that death.
Guest chapter 27 . 2/2/2014
I love your fix so far but you REALLY need to look up the word redundant in the dictionary. You have used it in every chapter so far and have not once used it right. But besides that, I love it.
Cimz chapter 153 . 1/8/2014
Good luck with your original fiction. But I'll put you on author alert just in case you come back to the fanfic thing.

Now that that's done, let me try to remember all the nice things I'd like to say about the story you've told here.

I'm very impressed that you managed to sustain plot and character developments consistently over such a long story. I'm impressed with the length, period!

The gradual changes in Finnick's relationships were nicely done, particularly his growing affection for and trust in Mags, and of course his growing love for Annie. I really enjoyed the way Annie went from just his friend's sister barely worth noticing to an important acquaintance to a friend in her own right to someone he loved and saw in romantic terms.

The growth of Finnick himself was excellent, too. The shock of being rejected at home after his Games was a nice touch, as was his being tempted by the bright lights of the Capital early on. You showed him fighting for his own identity as he was manipulated from every direction and it worked.

Little, specific things I loved:

The way you named your OCs. You consistently hit the right blend of traditional names, non-traditional names, mythology-inspired names, and heavily symbolic names. That's a very hard thing to do in this particular universe.

The scenes of Finnick in the control room watching the Games, particularly when Johanna, Haymitch, and company made cameos.

The use of the Dylan story throughout, culminating in Annie naming her son Dylan and telling him Finnick's story.

The description of Finnick coming home and discovering Mags' stroke.

Snow's granddaughter.

Finnick's first meeting with Cinna.

The scene where Annie suggests sex and Finnick ends up saying "don't make me."

Finnick worrying about his imposter tribute's lousy fake accent.

Finnick looking at Katniss' mockingjay wedding dress and knowing he will never see Cinna again.

Finnick sending his tribute food, and then thinking maybe the kid just didn't like the kind of food he sent and sending more!

Finnick having to be mentor/guardian to tributes older than he was and the problem with that dynamic.

Annie's brutal swimming victory in her Games.

Truly, every time you wrote another Games you got better and better. (Frankly, Finnick's own games are probably the weakest part of the story, probably because you were just finding your rhythm. But it worked because Finnick was so very young at the time that it's natural that his own voice wouldn't be fully developed.)

Beautifully done, all around.
Guest chapter 88 . 1/6/2014
You have the ability to make me smile all day long. I love every Odesta scene and Annie surprising Finnick is the best!
Guest chapter 79 . 1/6/2014
This chapter was short but it's loaded with feels! The words "she crept up on me made me smile so much. The poem is beautiful too!
Guest chapter 71 . 1/5/2014
I know this happened last chapter but ugh, just like Finnick and Annie I'm only reacting now, I can't believe Eoghan is really gone. I want to drown that bitch Furia! It's such a sad moment. The reunion with 14 y/o Finnick and Annie in the arena pulled at my heartstrings though. Here is a clone manufactured by the Capitol and even in that state Finnick still wants to care for and comfort Annie. Oh the feels!
Guest chapter 58 . 1/5/2014
SO I legitimately fangirled my head and heart off. Of all the ways I had imagined Finnick's declaration, this is actually such a perfect way. I love that he used poetry, something he loves doing, to tell Annie he loves her. Plus he got to actually tell her and their declaration of love may seem so simple but it's beautiful all the same. That poem just owns my heart though! I wish I had your talent for poetry!
Guest chapter 57 . 1/5/2014
Aaaaaan this chapter made me tear up. I love that even through all the mess the Capitol has put them through Finnick and Eoghan managed to make their friendship win. It's such a simple scene if you look at it but it's also a loaded one and really I'm going to be so sad when we say goodbye to Eoghan! Can I just say that even though he was basically being a douche from Finnick's POV during the interviews, what he said about always choosing to save Annie is just the sweetest thing. You really created a wonderful character in Eoghan!
1,044 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »