Reviews for Owned
Guest chapter 57 . 1/5/2014
Aaaaaan this chapter made me tear up. I love that even through all the mess the Capitol has put them through Finnick and Eoghan managed to make their friendship win. It's such a simple scene if you look at it but it's also a loaded one and really I'm going to be so sad when we say goodbye to Eoghan! Can I just say that even though he was basically being a douche from Finnick's POV during the interviews, what he said about always choosing to save Annie is just the sweetest thing. You really created a wonderful character in Eoghan!
Guest chapter 54 . 1/4/2014
Hahaha, this was such an angsty chapter when it started but that last line really made me laugh! I love the bromance with these two! It's gonna be heartbreaking to say goodbye to Eoghan!
EndlessBlue chapter 153 . 1/1/2014
This has been an incredible journey. I never read the books, just saw the movies, so my understanding of events in Mockingjay is based on wikipedia and other fics, but thank you for this story. Finnick's traumas and the psychological effects of it were so well developed. You made everything real and heartbreaking and horrifying without being gratuitous. Your writing skills definitely progressed and matured as the story did - that was an interesting journey in itself.
This story is one that will stick with me for sure. You made Finnick such a tragic and flawed character but not once did I as a reader feel the need to condemn any of his choices, because you made the oppression and the hopelessness and helplessness so real. Annie, too, was a very well-crafted character. The epilogue was beautiful.
Thank you for writing such an impressive story, and for telling such a heartbreaking and beautiful tale.
Samantha chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
One of the best fanfictions I have ever read! A dramatic, haunting tale of unexpected twists and turns, with plenty of suspense and romance...Owned is a true masterpiece.
Anne chapter 28 . 12/30/2013
These poems! Omf.
Claire chapter 153 . 12/29/2013
It's one of the best written (if not the best!) fic I've ever read. I almost cried at the end even if I knew it was going to happen. You made me like Annie and Finnick even more:)

I hope you are going to write something else because you're an amazing story teller.
Guest chapter 153 . 12/26/2013
I loved this! This has got to be one of the best fanfics I have ever read. I really wish Finnick didn't have to die... This has changed my whole view on him, and he is now one of my favorite characters. Thank you very much, and please continue to write on!
Guest chapter 29 . 12/23/2013
Best friends sister. Really Finnick? Lol!
M chapter 153 . 12/13/2013
This story has made me laugh an made me cry. You are a wonderful story teller, and have true talent for writing!
ratherbereading125 chapter 69 . 12/3/2013
You're overcomplicating the whole thing. Just my opinion.
Lassoing the Moon chapter 88 . 11/30/2013
Just wanted to stop in and say that I love your story! You tie everything together so perfectly that it seems like we are reading from Suzanne herself. I love how you hinted that Heke will become Darius, it so refreshing to see a past from him. I love the relationship you have between Annie and Finnick, it works perfectly!
a chapter 7 . 11/29/2013
the poetry is astonishingly beautiful
Ailin chapter 153 . 11/27/2013
I think it's an understatement to say that I cried like hell with your story. However, I can say I've never cried as desperately with a fanfiction as I have with this last chapter, more specifically the part of the boat in the sea where Annie sees everyone she ever loved and lost on it. I feel it like a goodbye, don't you? I'm suddenly glad Annie has hallucinations, it's like she doesn't miss the people she loses because they're with her all the time. And I'm jealous of that, I really am.
When I started reading this I never thought I would get to the end of it, it's so long and I'm so lazy sometimes! Instead, it now seems too short, Finnick's life seems too short. And it makes me think about so many things, so many lives lost to 'a cause', to war, to peace, to nothing. What is a good way to die? Is there a good or a bad way?
I'm sorry, when I get emotional I need to get it out of me one way or another. Thank you for writing.
Ibbonray chapter 153 . 11/24/2013
Wonderful! I put off reading this story for so long, and I came back to finish it, and it is absolutely wonderful. I like how you named her son "Dylan"... it's very touching.
Infinity Lily chapter 153 . 11/23/2013
This is the best fanfic I have ever read. I always knew that Finnick had a hard life, and everything that I imagined him facing you captured perfectly, adding extra pieces that made this story what it was. The whole time I could feel this ache in my chest and I've lost count of the number of tears that have quietly slipped down my cheeks as I read. The last three chapters were almost torturous, I knew what was coming and I contemplated just not reading the last few, but I did. And I'm so glad that I did. I can't even begin to explain how this story moved me. Everything was perfect, the beautiful parts and the parts that were tainted with fear, grief, anger and loss. I honestly believe that this does Finnick Odair and Suzanne Collins justice. You have taken one of the characters that we all love and really shown us why he is like that. And I know that I will never be able to think of Finnick, Annie or Johanna the same way again. Thank you
1,045 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »