Reviews for When Black Meets Green
PhoenixFireFourteen chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
awwww sooo beautiful :)
kci47 chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
"He'd always known, but in that moment, he affirmed it to himself. His words had been absolutely true. He'd loved her. All this time." CHILLS. GOOSEBUMPS. AAH.

Like the POV on this-we don't usually get a lot of glimpses into Snape's brain when he's looking at Harry.
glowing neon chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
I am going to sit here and weep.
Ashlee Pond chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This is just too sad. Absolutely heart breaking, completely bitter sweet and very well-written. Bravo.
jayrambles chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Wow! This is so good! I love it, and your writing style is fantastic! :)
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This was so beautifully written. I like how you captured how painful it must have been for Snape to have to look at Lily's eyes under James Potter's hair - the ultimate symbol of his failing, I guess. The bit before his death was very sad, and so beautiful, and even though I'm not a huge Snily fan, I absolutely admire Snape for how he kept his love for Lily in his heart for all that time.

"There would not be an eighteenth year." - such a powerful line.

Keep writing.
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This was beautiful! You took a pivotal scene us fans all know and love and made it...placid. I think it's easy for us as fans to get upset and feel terrible for a character we all know and love, but I do think it's very possible that Snape himself was ready for death. Call me crazy, but I don't think he took it as hard as we all did. XD

I love that you alluded to your title throughout the story. Too often I come across stories in which the title barely has a relation to the story, if any at all, and that's a big pet peeve of mine. The title set the mood for the story, and it was kept consistent all the way through. I loved that.

The "no regrets" thing at the end was a spectacular detail. This seems completely in-character for him. All in all, this was a wonderful character study of our favorite Potions Master. Well done, and thanks so much for participating in the challenge! :)
duj chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Good work. Insightful and touching.

(But Lily would always have dumped him for James. The process began long before he called her Mudblood. Think about it. Could anyone other than the Marauders and her "best friend" have witnessed what happened at the Shack - the whole thing, not just the endpoint? Yet she's calling Snape "ungrateful" without even having heard his side of the story; having heard only the Marauder version, she's sure he's at fault and the usual bully is a hero.

Is that even likely? If you heard that the school bully risked his life to save his favourite punching-bag, a person he subsequently kept harassing "for the fact that he exists", you wouldn't even ask yourself how the bully was so conveniently on the spot - after dark, out on the grounds?)
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Aww that was beautiful! All of Sev's emotions pooled into one little story of perfection. I'm a great fan of SeverusLily and enjoyed the entire thing, the pain and the love. The end was just fantastic, and I like how the whole time you kept the recurring theme Harry's eyes- and essentially Lily's. Lovely, plainly and truly lovely.