Reviews for Checkmate
After having a secret plan for so long, Draco Malfoy let himself be AKed! That was extremely stupid... If he knew Lucius was capable of killing him, any Slytherin worth their name would have at least used the Hex repellant charm on the necklace harry had given him. Or even put a shield charm in the same jewellery... ! This chapter has pushed my last shred of patience into this rant:(
Manny1428 chapter 19 . 5/22
Beautiful story! I loved it! 3
babyvfan chapter 18 . 5/15
Dear Christ.

Dear christ.

I don't know what else to say other than amazing, amazing, amazing, brilliant, and incredible. You did a number on my heart with this story but it came out so amazingly.
babyvfan chapter 17 . 5/15
Mother...*collapses in my hair* I'm dead. I'm officially dead. Please bring nice flowers to my funeral
babyvfan chapter 16 . 5/15
*jaw drops...and drops...and drops...and drops. Through the floor, through the basement, close to the center of the earth*

He...you...Wh...WHY?!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

You...you nearly took my heart to the point of no return and then completely turned my world upside down by that unbelievable but incredible turn of events and then completely shatter my heart once more by that ending.

YOU JUST WANT TO KILL ME
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! you are an amazing writer and everything flows so eloquently! I loved the witty banter and the chess game and ooh my god! The only problem I had was that I knew Draco's plan from the beginning so I want as caught in the suspense as I could've been... Buuuut about two chapters from the actual reveal I did question if it would work the way I thought it was going to so that was pretty good ya know? Ahhhh i loved Cho's involvement and ooh my !GOD! BRAVO really
babyvfan chapter 15 . 5/15
*lays head on my desk and hands you another bill, double the price of the heartache you brought once more to me* FIX. THIS. PLEASE.

My poor heart can't take anymore of this
babyvfan chapter 14 . 5/15
I...you...him...

*drops my head on the desk and bangs it, along with my fist* NO NO NO NO NO NO.

*slowly brings head up, my eyes hard as stone, and hands over a slip with an ridiculously outrageous money price stamped at the bottom.* My bill. For the severe, irrevocable damage this chapter alone did to my poor poor heart. Especially the last set of words spoken by one Miss Pansy Parkinson.

Make no mistake, I'm still pissed as hell at her for interfering and trying to hurt Harry like that but she took the words right out of my mouth.

How could he do something like that to Harry? How could he hurt him like that, after everyone and...I'm seriously fearing these last few chapters. Like seriously fearing FEARING these chapters. As in I'm so so so scared what's gonna happen next. But I'm gonna push through my fear and read because I NEED to know how this story is ending.

Which I'm PRAYING will end on a good good note
babyvfan chapter 13 . 5/15
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *howls in agony as I sink to the floor* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No no no no no no no nooooooooooooooooo

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO

WHY!?

Dude, why? I don't even mean them not making love. That one, as much as I would have loved for that to happen, I'm not too upset about. But this...NOOOOOOOOOO

Not after all was said. Not after that beautiful dance. Not after everything.

I don't know what I'm more pissed at. The fact Draco is going to break Harry's heart just to please Pansy who can kiss my ass. And then burn in hell. I just...NOOOOOO
babyvfan chapter 12 . 5/13
I swear to god, I don't mean for these reviews to be so fair and in between because I seriously do love love love this story. The only problem is timing, business, things that pop up left and right but I swear I will finish this story because it's so so so good and I'm excited to see how it ends-which I am desperately praying for will be on a good good, not hearbreaking, they're-together-and-happy kind of note.

Can I just say that I love how you're handling the characterization, especially with Harry's friends. For example, you could have turned Ginny into the bitter would-be crusher who says over and over they won't last. Here, she's on the same boat as her brother. She wants Harry to be happy but she's scared that he'll wound up heartbroken. I honestly can't blame her since I'm still hearing that faint warning bell.
babyvfan chapter 11 . 5/5
Another awesome chapter, an awesome chapter in which i wanted to punch every single one of Ron's teeth out.

Like with Dumbledore, I'm not the least bit of a Ron fan. After reading the 4th book, watching the 4th movie, seeing what a massive jerk he was to Harry when he needed him the most and being a jerk to hermione on her big night, I could never forgive him.

And there are so many times fanfics remind me why i want to punch the stupid git. he's so stubborn and narrow-minded. Here you definitely showed those traits but you also showed that he does care about him.

I hate to admit it but I'm with him-just this one time. I'm team drarry all the way. i love the fact Harry is willing to let the past be the past and focus on now, easily admitting to everyone including himself that he does care about Draco-all without making it a huge deal like other stories have. i love how they're opening up to each other more and more and that the they're falling more and more in love. HOWEVER as much as i love their love and how they're growing closer, I can't cancel out the warning ringing bell in my ear that shit and fan are about to meet soon.

That, being said, my love for this story is growing
babyvfan chapter 10 . 5/4
Once again, in one chapter, in one hit, you managed to buzz my heart with so many feels and at the same time tear it apart at once.

i should have known that Cho was the girl Harry was so hung up about and yet she never crossed my mind. A good portion of it has to be with the fact they were never really together, at least not the way he thought they would be. For some reason I was thinking it was a new girl entirely.

aND then Draco is hurt that Harry already had a first time with someone else. And Harry is hurt even more when Draco makes him realizes that there was more to the story than he thought before and Cho really did care about him but couldn't do anything to change the fact she has to be married, which made him feel heartbroken all over again and an unintentional jerk. And...just so many feels.
babyvfan chapter 9 . 5/3
When it comes to Dumbledore, you already know how I feel. It's incredibly hard for me to respect him or like him given all the shit he's done. Snape is a whole other matter. I'm on the fence where I can easily see him being just as despicable but also understandably sympathic. Here though...I never wanted him to be punched more in my life till then.

I just...okay, yes, I get it. He cares about Draco and doesn't want to be hurt. But he set my blood boiling when he said, "He's been through so much," and I'm Like, HI SOMHAS HARRY. HARRY HAS BEEN THROUGH HELL. And you've been a complete douchebag to him since day one because you can't get over your little school grudge.

I also wanted to punch Ron for being so dense and prying. Let Harry be happy and leave him alone for Gods sake. Thank God Hermione caught on quick and gave him her blessing
babyvfan chapter 8 . 5/3
THE FEELS!

*clutches chest*

THE FEELS! It's too-it's too-it's too much.

And I never want it to stop.

Oh dear god. This chapter...*leans back in my chair, still holding my chest, fanning myself* it takes a special type of writer wth a special type of talent who could tug, pull, and rip my heartstrings in just one chapter. I swear to god if wasn't for the names, I would almost think you were SensiblyTainted whose drarry stories, particularly Growing Pains and Freedom Found In Chains, put you through such a whirlwind from emotions. Chapter by chapter.

My heart melted from the drarry moments, cracked from Draco's story, melted again with Harry's speech, BROKE INTO PIECES when Draco cried and realized he never felt by that way by anyone else in his life, and I just...GAH...the feels. Those feels.

But I think what I loved them the most is the fact Harry didn't care about his secrets. He didn't want to know about Draco and the dark spells he knew, he didn't want to know about the dark mark, he didn't want to know if he was involved with Voldmoert or hear anything about Voldemort himself. All he wanted was for him and Draco to enjoy the moment they have now, and that was just SOOOOOOO AMazing. And so goddamn refreshing to read
babyvfan chapter 7 . 5/3
*barely lets out a gasp as I fall onto my side to the ground, clutching onto my chest in a sad desperate attempt to contain the feels that are currently buzzing and pulsing my chest*

Dear god

Dear fuck

Dear holy...

Dear...god...fuck...holy.

If I'm like this way now, I have no idea what I'm gonna be like for the upcoming chapters. I was melting so much from their moment, especially the kisses which tugged and melted my heartstrings. HOwever warning bells were constantly but faintly ringing in my head since Draco is up to soemthing that involves Harry and I'm so terrified he's gonna get his heart broken. I don't think I'll be able to handle that
2,378 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »