Reviews for A Heart's Yearning
MNH4477 chapter 6 . 1/27/2006
Well, I've already told you what I think, but to say it again, I think the chapter title is extremely appropriate because this epilogue does bring a sense of closure to the story. It feels like all of the loose ends have been tied. I'm very glad to see you writing again. :)
skenshingumi chapter 6 . 1/21/2006
Closure was the right title for this chapter. It is a nice way to bring closure for the reader as well as the characters in the story. My memory is terrible but I think I may have actually read this story a very long time ago. At least this time, I actually left reviews. I hope you start writing again as it looks like it has been awhile.
skenshingumi chapter 5 . 1/21/2006
Well, sad to say I was right that he found her only in death. Nicely done but sad.
skenshingumi chapter 4 . 1/21/2006
He must be getting up there in age if ha and Sano have been in the force for 20 years. I think it is sad to think of his whole life waiting and searching. I am glad that you said he finds her in the next chapter although I have a terrible feeling it will be one of the last things to happen to him. I would have though one lifetime of atonement was enough. I do enjoy your writing and the concept of this story although I find it very sad.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 1/21/2006
This is sad. What a punishment if not atonement, to have all of his friends find their happiness and yet he is left aware but alone. The idea that he would put his life on hold, spending it searching for her and even scaring off people and endangering himself as he searches is a haunting one.
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 1/21/2006
Again, very heart wrenching to have to watch Misao and Asohi and Sano and Megumi all live happily ever after while he is still lost, lonely and searching.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
I like how the Kenshingumi have obviously all found each other and remembered their past connections. How touching that Kenshin is left searching for Kaoru while everyone else has been found. I like how you had Tomoe be the one to keep him going while he searched.
Guest chapter 6 . 1/21/2006
You made me cry... I'm not the one that likes to cry just because of a story but... YOU made me cry! But... it was an happy ending after all so, I'll forgive you. I really love this story.
gabyhyatt chapter 3 . 1/20/2006
f
gabyhyatt chapter 2 . 1/20/2006
good fic
Sakusha chapter 6 . 1/20/2006
What a nice suprise. It was a shock to see that you'd updated, but I was really very happy to see it.

My first thought, after reading the preface to this chapter, and then the chapter itself was; Wow, she was irritated and nothing blew up.*lol* Really, it was beautiful ending. The epilogue fits quite nicely and gives, for lack of a better word, closure. A fitting title for this chapter.

I have since moved on from this fandom, as I believe you may have as well; I dont think Ive seen anything posted here or on your website for a very very long time. But I wanted to let you know that some of your work remains my absolute favorites, and I go back from time to time to reread.

I do hope that you continue to write, if only for your pleasure, becouse I believe you have a gift. And if you share it with us...well, that would be OUR pleasure.

Take care
MsJadey chapter 5 . 11/4/2002
This is sweet, as I'm sure it was meant to be. I compliment you on your ability to evoke real emotions from your audience. Sad and happy are twined up in here, distinct but inseperable.
me chapter 5 . 8/20/2002
i think this was a pretty good story, but certain points could have used some clarification. why is kenshin looking for her? is this a reincarnation fic, or did they get seperated earlier in life? the time shifts were rather abrupt, and i thought the way aoshi and misao kind of dropped out of the story was rather abrupt.

and from a less objective viewpoint, i'd also like to point out that kenshin, considering his nature, would not want to be such a burden to anyone that he would hold back sano from performing his best in his line of work. but thats just my opinion.

however, you had some great discription of emotions, which was very believable and realistic. it made me soo sad!
czarek chapter 5 . 7/18/2002
My heart! My heart! That was a nice one! I like it. But it's kinda sad cuz Kenshin died before he saw her... a felt tears gathering in my eyes when I read the heart complication thingy... *wipes tear from left tearduct* anyways... this fic is inspirational... or something. I hope I find my soulmate in THIS life... Ja.

lieveit1 '-'
fujifunmum chapter 5 . 6/14/2002
A very sweet and sad story, and very well written I might add.

Thanks for sharing it with us, and good luck finding your own "soul mate"