Reviews for One Moment Too Many
Miss Light Bright chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
This was awesome! Bravo!
BlueDiamondStar chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This was majorly awesome. Haven't seen teenage Shawn, visually, though, yet. But this was all cute and lovely.
LOL I think Vicodin alone was a House reference enough (at least to me, reminded of how long it's been since last episode like two weeks ago).
Chrome-chanXTsuna chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I really like your story and i think you hit their personalities, the way the interact on the mark.
Your writing style is really good, too, it has a good flow and is easy to read AND there aren't really grammar mistakes, or at least not that I remember, which also means that it doesn't disturb you while reading and spoils the story.
Believe me, I've read many stories and never bothered to finish them because the gramar is just awful (and I'm german and not perfect in english grammar myself).
So, keep it up :]
unobtrusivescribe chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Long, but a really enjoyable read:) Okay the Mr. Filch reference- love:) I'm glad that Henry and Shawn were able to get a little closer and more comfortable with each other. I felt so bad for both of them, especially at the beginning. Henry was pulling at my heart strings with all the emotions welling up when he had to return to the hospital! I can't believe his mother didn't come, even though Henry said they were both okay, still she should have shown support, but I guess then they stubborn boys wouldn't have bonded. Great story!

I love the ending! Shawn's back to himself and Gus couldn't be happier or slightly more terrified:)
Wildfire2 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I loved this story! I figured the motorcycle would come into play at the end. It was a perfect solution _. I think it's sad that Maddie's such an absent mom. That has to damage the kid a lot. He has a dad that repreminds him on how to play hide and seek and a mom that just doesn't seem to care. But it makes sense he latches onto his mom like crazy wanting her around as she never was and for his dad, who was always there, he doesn't want around.

Wildfire
Detectiveatwork chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Omg! This is the best psych story ever! I lovee Shawn wimp but even more when his father was trying to be well...his father! I would love if you can write another story like this!
proudtobepurple chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Wow! That was excellent! I loved it! Such a good story! Adding to favorites now! :D you really captures the teenage shawn's relationship to his father. Exactly as I imagine it! Well done!
MegalegU chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I'd like to claim ownership of being da FIRST REVIEWER! :)

How do you begin a review to someone's fantastic story properly? Do you start going all nostalgic about teen!Shawn and angst-ified!Henry? Do you point out the flawlessly spun web of emotions the author managed to get across? Do you brag about the fact that you know the author and know that she likes ginger tea? Why, yes in fact, Psychfic world - I know this author! Which gives me a sense of pride, honestly. Because...

THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY GOOD.

Let's start off with the sentence that plunges us into the angst-world:

"...the next few seconds were a haze." it's so simple and yet it makes you go, "Whump is ahead!" right after that is all these stomach-turning moments: Henry realizing Shawn's in the car with him, the 'heart shooting into his throat' analogy, the way he's yelling for Shawn to wake up! All the visible injuries! It all makes my stomach drop. Like, whooosh! We're in this now, folks.

But this, I gotta say, is when I get really into it: "Shawn’s torso lay still against the ceiling of the truck, which now became the floor, one arm extending past his head as the other was positioned sloppily by his side bending at an awkward angle. But Henry couldn’t see his face. The teen’s head was facing the opposite direction, unconscious, but what blasted total panic in the knot in his throat was the blood that trailed from his son’s ear down his hidden face. Shawn’s once two shiny silver rings in his ear were now bathed in blood."

It's just so...heart-wrenching. It just grabs at you. Because Henry is so emotionally unavailable for his son and he was so pissed a second ago and then he realized his son could be dead...technically he WAS for a second.

- this, by the way, : "not even a single strand of his John Bender-styled hair"...YES! :) There are so many great things about this that it why I read it over and over and I'm honestly proud of you, S-Boogie, I really am. You worked so hard on it and for so long! You put in such dedication! I used to wait in anticipation for your e-mail updates on this! And now it's all here! I hope everyone sees this as the remarkable story that it is. Of family and heartbreak and panic and desperation and neediness and thinly-veiled love! Alright, I'm being too dramatic. :) Anyway, I really, really love this and I think you did a great job and I'm immensely proud.

Seriously.

I hope I didn't forget anythin-

Boiled egg in the microwave.