Reviews for Once a Headmaster
Ebenbild chapter 13 . 3/28
I wish you would have added another part where who knows who all stormed the Prophet after they shared Parker's story with the world and forced them to take it back... or a part when Parker is brought before court for slander or something like that. Like it is, I think the ending is faaaar to open xD
Anyway, I loved the story and I definitely adored Hogwarts and how it refused to give up on the headmaster it had chosen. xD I guess poor Severus never had a chance the moment the castle decided that he was its. xDDD
It was also typical Severus to load himself with work even after he's finally out of spying business. I'm just surprised that he didn't swoop down on Harry and Hermione at the end of the year and practically tried to get them as teachers (he might have even succeeded with that xD)
Well, in the end, I have to say that this story was a sweet one and I quite liked it.
Thank you for sharing it.
Ebenbild
Guest chapter 5 . 7/17/2015
This is how I picture the ultimate slytherin. He would have so many different things he was working on in secret behind the scenes. This is perfect. The work with the wards is interesting too. I wonder why Albus wasn't as connected to them?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2015
I love the idea of this, the magical lines that need fixing and Hogwarts telling her potions master headmaster how to fix them. It seems like fate that he was the one in the position to help when he was needed.
Alethea27 chapter 13 . 7/5/2015
I love this story! I really loved the way you portrayed the fact that Severus has a busy, productive, and full life outside of Hogwarts, teaching Muggle summer school and all the people in his hometown who are genuinely fond of him and treat him as their own family. I wish he'd had such a life in canon!
t42n24t2 chapter 13 . 5/16/2015
Read this story in one sitting and enjoyed it immensely. Thank you.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 5/6/2015
So long, not been good to know you...bye, Parker!
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 4/27/2015
"How do I all this? I use speed." -Gilda Radner, SNL, on how she managed to stay so busy. But the Hogwarts version clearly should be, "How do I do all this? I use a Time Turner."

But I love how the Fatal Four are so amazed that Snape is surrounded by loving friends and neighbors in the Muggle world.

I like Grayland. Never miff off a Hufflepuff, or someday you will find the earth pulled out from under you...
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 4/17/2015
Even he thinks he has too much on his plate, so of course he adds counseling sessions with both Slytherins and Gryffindors, and signs up to teach summer school. I'm surprised that Healer Stanhope doesn't stun him and put him on bedrest, actually.

But he won't have the eighth years next year, plus he'll be Headmaster in name as well as duties.

Hmm...any way to teach house elves how to sort paperwork? That could help some...
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 3/25/2015
An excellent beginning-I like the use of hats to signify how Albus would feel about things, were he still there. And I really like the older Slytherins still recognizing him as their real Head of House.

It's a truly excellent idea to keep students from going into the potions room without any responsible adult there!

And I am happy that neither Potter or Weasley are mouthing off. Maybe they really have grown up. Although there's one problem with Harry as a future DADA teacher-would he teach the Slytherins, or pretend they didn't exist? After all, no Slytherins were allowed or even considered for the DA.

I love the cup with the DNA and the caffeine model. "It is by coffee that sets my mind in motion..."
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 2/21/2015
Ah, overscheduling himself again...but he wouldn't feel right if he slacked off and only did twice what normal people do.

And Molly is right, he is too skinny!
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 1/10/2015
Oh, good. Snape was finally able to tell someone who understood what really happened, though he could only tell the barebones version.

And he finally gets some rest! Yay!

Ok, for him, anyway...
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 12/29/2014
Excellent chapter. I wonder if the flames going through Snape's scar tissue (Dark Mark, neck scars) will eventually heal them, though they certainly sound painful now.

And yes, Snape always reacts to permission to walk about and rest when he's tired to seriously overdo (or why Madam Pomfrey is occasionally quite fast with a Body Bind).

I foresee a fruitful future for both Headmaster and Headmistress.
bridgeportfox chapter 13 . 10/17/2014
Hah. I thought Parker would go too far. Good riddance.
bridgeportfox chapter 12 . 10/17/2014
I haven't read the short about Eric Grayland yet but plan to next. I enjoyed the Hogwarts staff descending on Severus. It sounds like the meeting of his two separate worlds went fairly well though I was wondering how the two groups of teachers got along. Only one more chapter. I will be sorry to reach the end.
bridgeportfox chapter 11 . 10/16/2014
I liked the solidarity of the teachers toward the board about Severus. I doubt that they appreciated Parker's digs towards Snape. Parker didn't sound like a particularly good teacher if he wasn't able to take criticism and suggestions without getting defensive. Especially when he was just learning the ropes. I liked Severus' graduation speech. It was short and too the point and since he so seldom compliments anyone, his pride must have felt special to the students.