Reviews for Synthesis
Ganheim chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
"Thank God he's still alive
[Never mind the mounting millions of deaths…]

If he hadn't depended on the pedestal to remain upright he would have backed away
[This seemed an awkward way to say “if he wasn’t leaning on the pedestal he would have stumbled back”]

AND THE CYCLE WILL BE ENDED
[…until next time]

CERBERUS STOLE YOU FROM US
[An interesting proposition]

A GALAXY OF BARREN DESERT WORLDS.
[This sounds like what Michael Bay…I mean the developers turned the ending into. Pick the color the universe explodes with! No sense required]

through the marines kinetic
[marine’s]

continuing to unleash a barrage of thermal clips
[Technically it would just be a barrage, the thermal clips just allow the shots to be taken without the limitations of conventional projectile technology]

An almost spiritual longing he would never have been able to express to his friends without seeming suicidally unstable
[This sounds suspiciously like “religion is insanity”. Religion in and of itself is religion, it’s men who twist it into dark spectres]

That was interesting – and more satisfying than the “choose your own colour” ending. I was actually hoping that Shepard would have been fully indoctrinated just as consistently as Saren and Jack Harper, “the power of love” has been overused so many times it’s cliche by now. However, despite that, I still came to the end of your story liking the final product. You didn’t have Shepard live and everybody have a happily ever after – you were actually cleverly ambiguous as to the actual aftermath. All in all I'm still on the fence as to whether this was good or not, due to the cliche used, but at least it's not between bad and mediocre, which is how I rated ME3's end.
ConvictionSC chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Wow. This took my breath away. Excellent writing, though it'd probably be better if you got a beta reader or something. Never knew how you could get this scene to a whole new level. Just awesoeme.
JamesK716 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
That was great! Job well done