Reviews for World Under Siege
Katla chapter 32 . 12/25/2014
I happened across this story a few days ago and I couldn't stop reading. This was a beautifully written story and quite possibly the best realization of Jane Foster that I have ever seen. The depth and complexity of the characterizations is breathtaking. Loki was phenomenal. Thor too... just wow. The plot was dark, exciting, and unpredictable, but it stayed on the right side of disturbing and was truly enjoyable. I was disturbed and thrilled and moved. Oh my gosh, I loved this so much. I can't wait to check out the sequel and I'm looking forward to more of your Tauriel/Thranduil story as well! I actually found you first through that story, which is also excellent. This was amazing and I can't get over it. Thanks for writing!
LittleFishGirl1103 chapter 32 . 12/19/2014
This story, I like it. ANOTHER!

*smashes laptop to ground*
Hekka chapter 26 . 12/19/2014
Well hell! Loki's unhealthy appearance at the beginning of the Avengers (and at bonuses of Thor) for some reason leave me with lasting impression that Thanos convinced Loki to his reasons not with beautiful speeches and promises (and I do not even want to imagine what methods it should be, if someone of such endurance and speed of healing as Loki looks so illy when he is supposed to - according to Other - was ready to lead an army of Thanos)...
Hekka chapter 8 . 12/18/2014
If I correctly remember the movie, "mind control" is not exactly control (people not changing - changing their priorities), and definitely does not work as Jane imagine it.
Hekka chapter 6 . 12/18/2014
I like your story (the general idea, and the mood in particular) but I can not understand how anybody (Jane or no Jane - Tony, SHIELD, whoever) could create anything to identify magical activity, when none of them had absolutely no idea how this seidr thing works. Nothing but theories and Thor's words (and we all know that his knowledge of the issue is hardly more than the above). Or create an analogue of the rainbow bridge (again, Jane had no idea of the seidr and Thor certainly not a scientist)?
Hekka chapter 5 . 12/18/2014
I understand that Loki is out of his mind. But madness and stupidity are not synonymous (at least he is not at that stage when these two terms looks that they are). So... Either Loki knows (because he saw all the options of their lives in the void) all attempts of his prisoners, and this is all part of his plan (extremely difficult in it, which will win him more than the planet full of mortals) or I'm missing something...
Because I am absolutely convinced that to seize control over the planet Loki no need mind control or military aggression. So why do it all?
CrystleIceFire chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
I have to admit, before I ventured into the Loki fandom I wasn't sure as to who I imagined to be with him. And now-thanks to you and your marvelous story-it is Loki and Jane. After binge reading this epic tale over the course of a week, you have completed opened my eyes to all the wonderful LokiXJane possibilities: their higher intellect, their playful banter, the dangerous lure one has to one another, etc. You portray them all so well. Also gotta love the way you portray the other Avengers too, namely Tony. :) And throughout all this I truly must commend the fact that you stayed pretty balanced between both pairing of LokiXJane and ThorXJane, since it's obvious she either A) won't be able to let them both go or B) will be a excruciatingly long time before she chooses one over the other. You keep them balanced and yet have her toe the line of her attraction/feelings for Loki all the while with her staying somewhat true to Thor. Truly, truly wonderful. Truly. Also am following the sequel like mad and cannot wait for more!
Golfbabe87 chapter 32 . 12/2/2014
Brilliant. You moved at a realistic pace for your characters and story line. You did not force anything on anyone and let emotions flow smoothly.
denisemurasaki7 chapter 16 . 12/2/2014
I REALLY LOVE THIS STORY! But I have a question. Does Loki tell Jane that she's a liar at the end because she said that she could start to love Thor or because deep inside him he knows that Jane feels something for him? I have that doubt. I have read this story twice and I really like it a lot!
Psycho Llama chapter 32 . 11/21/2014
The number of different places that this story has traveled through, from Stockholm to Hawaii, has been amazing, and you've brought them all so wonderfully to life with your descriptions.

I'm so glad that Jane gets a tropical holiday after all the drama that she's been through. It's realistic to need a break for characters to mend themselves, physically and mentally.

It is so adorable that Frigga is asking Jane to name a star after her. She knows what Jane did, she knows how Thor feels about Jane, and she's being all sweet and taking an interest in Jane's work, aww.

Thor: The Dark World had so many issues, plot-holes and science gaffes, and you could just see the fandom dry up over the first few months after the movie was released. It needs a hell of a re-write, and I'm very excited that you're going for it! The scientist in me loves how you've fixed the timeline of the effects of the convergence on the world to look more like a normal distribution and less like a two-day impulse. And thank you so much for not putting Erik into a psychiatric ward. I loved the story of the person disappearing and reappearing in London; it's giving me ideas of an early-Torchwood/SHIELD cross-over.

Part of my heart bleeds a little for Thor in this chapter. Jane's mind is full of Loki and Thor's desire to see Jane is matched with Jane's desire to see the stars, although it's easier to miss what you don't currently have access to. Oh the drama! Love it!

I remember being so excited when I first read that you were planning a sequel to this! Still excited! Honestly, this is one of the best stories that I've ever read, fanfiction or otherwise :D
hispreciousthing chapter 32 . 11/18/2014
My mind is just mush right now. Complete and utter mush. I can barely think even after completing this story yesterday. Can this just be made into a movie already? Please? A movie NEEDS to be made from this or I will have a fit. I can't even BEGIN to imagine the creativity and insight that went into this! It was such a roller-coaster ride that I'm kind of sad I didn't get to be here during its progress but also happy I got to read it when it was complete. Let me tell you I could not put this story down! I was sneak-reading it on my phone during school and on breaks at work! I just am so super impressed!
denisemurasaki7 chapter 32 . 11/17/2014
One of the best stories that I've ever read!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Love it. I absolutely adore this fic. Well done, well done.
AwfulLoneliness chapter 32 . 10/30/2014
Wow, just wow. I read this in two sittings and it's amazing. It's at times heartbreaking then relieving then enraging then just plain disgusting (just to clarify, what's happening is disgusting, and you convey it so wonderfully it's almost physically painful to read it) but then it's charming and heartwarming and hopeful. I wanted to thank you for putting this marvelous piece of wrinting out for all of us to read, and for going all out on it. Thank you so very very much. All the Internet cookies and hot cocoa and soft blankets for you. :D
callalily32 chapter 31 . 10/12/2014
Oh my goodness! Such an awesome story, but one that wouldn't be complete without a sequel. I'm looking that up next!
1,892 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »