Reviews for Stepping In
M. Louise E chapter 22 . 1/4/2015
What a gem of a story. I read this wonderfully written piece. I enjoyed the ride. It is so awesome. Thank you so much for sharing this. I do love how you written it. :D Just wonderful. :D
Beloved Daughter chapter 22 . 11/7/2014
Wow! What an amazing story! I was enthralled by this story from the moment I started reading it! Absolutely brilliant plot and characterizations. Tony really stepped up to the plate and filled really big shoes with style.

Thank you for writing and posting this amazing story!
Guest chapter 22 . 11/5/2014
When's the sequel
Midrash chapter 22 . 11/1/2014
This story is beyond good! I wish I have read it when you were writing it. All the drama and the suspence was well written and in the right moments. You should keep writing and if you feel like writing a sequel for this story would be even better. I really enjoyed journey. Good job!
bridgetlynn chapter 12 . 10/23/2014
This is amazing (I'm apparently late to the party with this story). Tony in charge, and doing it well, is always a treat. The case is awesome too. It's got intrigue, danger, explosions, bamf!DiNozzo...what more could a girl want?

I do have to admit one thing - I'm not a fan of tiva at all so I was a litttttttle nervous getting into this. I just don't see that potential relationship as being remotely healthy once Aliyah happened. Before that - perhaps it could have worked. But the second that Ziva thought it would be a-okay to attack Tony at gunpoint and then proceed to ultimatum Gibbs? The tiva ship sailed imo. The BS that followed in Season 7 & 8 w/ her and McGee's canonical flauting of Tony's authority? (even worse then in previous seasons) just cemented my opinion of it.
That being said? I'm not as horrified as I thought I'd be by the undertones of Tiva in the story 'cause:
a) Tony isn't harping on it constantly unless it's being thrown in his face (and he's quite annoyed at it getting thrown in his face 'cause it's a distraction from the Big Frickin Case he's trying to solve - so at least his priorities are in order).
b) It's kind of canon for Ziva to be harping on it all the friggin time 'cause she's proven she's a selfish character in the past without an ability to truly realize where her focus SHOULD be (rather then on what she wants it to be on). And I always felt like she was more invested into a potential 'relationship' with Tony then he was (she was the one who was obsessed with the idea that Tony was jealous of Michael...etc.)

And a note about McGee in this - it's interesting to see him written so close to canon. It seems like stories with McGee either are 'bashing' stories...or stories that make him out to be this super-Agent (and well, he isn't...). It's nice to see the still sometimes bumbling agent who's a little blinded by his own arrogance over the (usually) unimportant things...who is fully capable of pulling his head out of his ass when things go FUBAR to support his team in the best ways he's capable of. It's also totally canon that McGee, who's always had his 'eyes on the prize' ambition-wise would be the only one to realize the implications that this situation have for Tony's career.

Got to sleep. Can't wait to finish this tomorrow. :)
annabelthegreat chapter 22 . 10/15/2014
OMG THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST FIC I HAVE EVER READ, YOUR ENGLISH IS GREAT... WOW... JUST WOW
Kalmia chapter 22 . 9/8/2014
What a fantastic read! I'm a bit sleep deprived, and I missed dinner as well as tonight's 'Super Moon', but it's been well worth it. I just couldn't put this down. Seriously, this story was highly engaging, and well executed. This is probably the best 'Tony takes command' I've read.

Thanks again for a most entertaining evening,

Kalmia
Kalmia chapter 21 . 9/8/2014
Vance...not the sharpest tool in the shed. Underestimating Tony again...
Kalmia chapter 20 . 9/8/2014
OMG -those bastards succeeded! Did not see that happening. What frightening scenario.
Kalmia chapter 17 . 9/8/2014
Holy cannoli what an intense chapter! NY chief - ass (!)...York (SFA) - awesome. Loved the way Tim dealt with the chief.
Kalmia chapter 14 . 9/8/2014
I love love love the way you've written Tony. And this was another awesome chapter.

Ziva...visits Gibbs in the hospital...and proceeds to talk about...herself...(sigh)
Kalmia chapter 12 . 9/8/2014
Tony has the responsibility of national security in his hands and what does Ziva do? Messes with his head!

Anther awesome chapter!
kalmia chapter 10 . 9/8/2014
Abby drives me bonkers. She's a forensic scientist in a lab. What in the world is she doing watching an interrogation, never mind judging the interrogators' techniques? And then she punches Tony where he's already been shot. I've never thought her punches were cute, funny or acceptable. The woman is way out of line; no matter how stressed she may be it's not acceptable behavior.

Otherwise, absolutely fantastic story. Like edge-of-my-seat reading.
Shaunsterrr chapter 5 . 7/26/2014
Third time reading this story, third time loving it. Hope you'll do more NCIS story's like this one.
Guest chapter 22 . 7/26/2014