Reviews for Direction
NLMinStL chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This was a great follow up to "Faith", and hope you continue. I love what you're doing with this concept.

I can see Alonzo reaching out to Danziger because he knows what it was like to have someone invade his mind. Of course Danziger would have nothing of that conversation and Alonzo wouldn't push the issue. I loved the way Danziger immediately changed the subject.

I really liked this:

"It was a relief not to feel so exposed. Talk about feeling vulnerable and foolish. In that odd state of limbo, she’d known his thoughts and feelings. He’d felt as if he’d been stripped naked and laid out on display for all to see. It had been humiliating."

That is exactly how I'd imagine Danziger feeling and he certainly wouldn't like feeling vulnerable. Of course it wasn't all bad. As he mentioned, there had to be a great relief to know she was still alive and still with them, but like anything else that feeling will fade with time. Then he has to wonder if something is wrong. I can see how desperately he'd want that reassurance that she's still okay. Fighting sleep, growing more frustrated with the situation as each day passes.

I like how he came to think maybe Devon brought them here so they could find a cure. He's pragmatic but there is a tiny part of him that wants to believe this time. Maybe it was already there as a part of him. Maybe it was a remnant of Devon.

I like the way you've described his warring emotions. I can see how those intense emotions would be almost too much for him to process, especially in his worn out state. Sometimes the brain just has to shut down and this is how I see Danziger here. He's pushed himself too much and can't handle one more thing, one more feeling. I love the conversation with True. Those were some of my favorite moments from the show.

The ending was perfect . It was just what Danz needed and enough to keep him going. Hoping to see what comes next.
closetalker11 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
I like this so far, and I hope you'll keep it up! Hmm, calling the aliens "Saurons" doesn't give me a lot of faith (heh) that they are friendly ...

Anyway, I hope "END?" means there will be more!