Reviews for Déjà vu
Krystalslazz chapter 1 . 5/22
Brilliant. I totally agree with the PTSD theory. Great story.
caskettplease chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Oh give me a damn break. Beckett has NEVER shown ANY interest in Castle until her little puppy decides to grow a backbone and tries to pull away. If anything does not go her way, everyone blames Castle. It is not his fault. What is he suppose to do? Wait for your for the rest of her life. If it was not for him trying to move on, she still would be holding back. I'm tried of everyone expecting Castle to continue taking her abuse. Beckett can dish it out but poor little Kate can't take it when it happens to her. She had absolutely no problem flaunting her relationships in front of Castle. None at all. Never once did she care about his feelings yet he is suppose to worship the ground she wants on while she treats him like shit. I wished Castle would have told everyone to go straight to hell. I'm sorry but he deserves a hell of lot more than Beckett and her delusional posse.
Hower chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
good job!
samlis chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I loved your fanfic! This is how I thought it might be before the episode aired. And it was nice to read this version. You've done a pretty good job. Thank you!
International08 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Good stuff. I love that misunderstanding, and the different take of having her be injured again instead of him.
Jana118 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
I loved this. I love how you held both of them accountable (mostly Castle, rightfully so) and had them talk openly. And it's really well-written. Thanks for sharing it!
Acdsee chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Thank you so very much for the story!
PSGProductions271 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Hey! Loved this, great job! Even though it won't happen on the show, I think it's really realistic, and wish it could happen (minus the shooting, just the conversation, lol!) Ly x
mojor chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
amazingly well done!

loved this - "she hadn't yet learned to separate the confession from the bullet, the love from the destruction"

it almost lets me forgive her... *almost*!

thanks so much for writing.
cavlik97 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Freaking bloody love this story.
CRB chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Thank you! There are far too many stories floating around where Castle just tears into Beckett, and it's played off as justified. YES, she messed up, but seriously... she never intentionally hurt him, she's been working ever since to fix it, and as far as I'm concerned, her reaction was totally understandable despite being frustrating. I mean seriously - not only was she still dating Josh, he had just been sitting RIGHT THERE. Was she supposed to say, possibly in front of the boyfriend who had just saved her life, that yes, she had heard another man say he loved her, and she wanted to give it a go, but she couldn't until she could handle the world again and separate his love from her shooting? Or, plan b, she should have said yes she heard him, but not give him an answer, or point out that she's with Josh? Wouldn't that have been worse than lying?

And she did try to talk to him, to the best of her limited ability - on the swings.

Of course, Castle's reaction is not entirely incomprehensible either... but he really is being cruel. And blind, because at this point, she IS reaching out.

Sorry, had to rant. But back to your story: It's an interesting twist to have her get hurt because of him - and to have Josh there again. Great continuity, and a wonderful bookend, with the echoes of what broke them coming back to fix them.
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I loved this story. I loved how Kate got shot again and finally in the hospital room they learn that they loved each other. Kate forgave Rick on being a Jerk. Rick forgave Kate for not talking about everything. Thanks for the story.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Personally I think they are both to blame for what's going on right now, on different levels and for different reasons. I think whenever they do finally reconcile with each other on the show it is going to be tough, because so much needs to be said between the both of them. Part of me worries that Marlowe and Company are putting so much hurt and pain in there that they're making some irreversible damage in this relationship. Something really drastic has to occur to alter the current direction they're headed.

Anyways, I enjoyed this fic, gives us all a little hope doing the storm. I would love to see Lanie go off on Castle, but I don't see that happening on the show. She is one of the most underutilized characters in the show.
kat6919 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Thanks for the explanation on PTSD making a person avoid people, feelings, places etc. associated with the trauma. It makes Kate's avoidance of the "I love you" easier to understand. And Castle - I'd love to see Lanie tear into him, better yet Esposito should have a "talk" with him and set him straight. He's acting very unprofessional, not to mention acting like a brat. What happened to "always" and "breaking down the walls" and "being patient" and it being "enough for now". *sigh* I hope we get some movement on the Caskett front and not backwards in the next episode.
Madwine chapter 1 . 4/3/2012