Reviews for Morning Glories
TheBlueSea chapter 33 . 3/9
Okay... I hate flaming, and I'm trying not to make this one, but don't you think it's a little disgusting to have a 2000 year old elf fall in love with an 18 year old girl? I mean, Legolas isn't very young. He leaves for the Grey Havens with Gimli not long after the book ends...
Anyway, on a happier note, your grammar was great and the story flows. If Eomer loves Ella and Ella loves Legolas but Legolas loves someone else, it could be a great story!
So this might not be my favourite fanfic, but it's pretty good!
PLEASE keep writing on this story! PLEASE!
ShiningAngel chapter 21 . 2/17
Loving this story! Also Kpop is brilliant!
She cries. A lot chapter 13 . 1/3
At the beginning of the chapter it says that she could not remember how long it had been since she last cried, but she's been crying at the drop of a pin in the last chapters. In the previous chapter, chapter 12, it says, "I had broken my promise-again. Tears blurred my vision, and I buried my face in my hands."
...
Clearly she cried.
WinterXstarxz chapter 11 . 1/3
I'm not quite sure if you're still updating this, but if you are, I would consider going back to check your older chapters before you do, because I've noticed that you change tenses quite a bit in this story. I am greatly relieved that you know how to write a sentence without switching 'to' and 'too' with each other, or 'their', 'they're', and 'there'. Seriously, it's been driving me nuts how some authors on don't know how to differentiate between those. I mean, it's freaking elementary! Really though, I'm really happy that another author knows their grammar.
DreamUnicorn247 chapter 33 . 11/22/2013
Hihi. Love it. Update ASAP! :-)
StardustOrionPax chapter 33 . 11/18/2013
well, I got to chapter 33 and at the end i belive i swore enough to put a Dwarf to shame, please write more...soon if you can
Guest chapter 3 . 10/22/2013
I do not know if Ella is some kind of reincarnated person or someone with inexplicable magic powers, but I find that her characterization is downright unenjoyable.

Firstly, her name is Ella Finwe? I assume that it would be Finwë. But here's the thing, that's the name of the First High King of the Ñoldor. Why on earth would a human girl, from Bree, have an elven name? And she, by all accounts, is not exactly from a highly educated family who might possibly know about the history of the Eldar. BUT, if her mysterious dark haired father is one of the Dunedain... Then, groans*

Second, I doubt, very, very much, that Aragorn would've let her come to them to Rivendell, let alone have Frodo spill the beans to a serving girl in an inn whom they have just met. Oh, yes, she may be in danger... But aren't all of the guests at the inn in danger? Aragorn's been venturing out all over Middle-earth... It is quite unlikely that he would immediately trust a random girl and have Frodo tell her of the secret of the One Ring no less!

Thirdly, perhaps you have a reason, perhaps she really IS some kind of reincarnated Valar/Maiar/something or some daughter of a really important person who just happened to be forgotten. That would probably be the only legit reason for why she would possibly be able to blunder into the Quest. Seriously, if Aragorn 'reveals' to everyone that he just had a 'feeling' that she HAD to come, I will tear my hair out.

Your OC has developed into a decidedly Mary Sueish character in three chapters and while some people may think that it's awesome and fun to read about MS's, there's a reason they aren't exactly praised. They are boring and one dimensional, and Ella Finwe is shaping up to be one of them. I don't care how noble she is on the Quest, the fact is that she shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I won't read further, but I can predict what will happen. And if she is at the Council of Elrond, then I shall tell you that my suspicions of Ella being a Mary Sue will be confirmed. Why in the name of Valar would Elrond, who gathered a group of the four races of middle earth in an attempt to stop a terrible evil, let a girl that Aragorn picked up in Bree, who by all rights should not have come to Rivendell or known about the Ring in the first place, join this council?
McKenzieHatche1 chapter 33 . 10/11/2013
I love this story, please update soon!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 33 . 10/10/2013
Update immediately, please!
jada951 chapter 33 . 9/25/2013
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

it looks like you only have a bit more to go.
please finish the story!

i want to hear about her relation to finwe
and if she's immortal or has the choice.

and legolas, get w/ it elf! priorities!

i'm sure Ella could have stayed anywhere.
nothing says she has to go home.

please finish?
jada951 chapter 32 . 9/25/2013
glad you didn't kill off arwen.
dont' want aragorn to be all alone.
jada951 chapter 13 . 9/25/2013
moonstone?
okay.
cool.
jada951 chapter 8 . 9/25/2013
i like the morning glory idea.
jada951 chapter 3 . 9/25/2013