Reviews for Delphiniums
ashley12chan chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
This is wonderful! So full of emotion, yet so simple! I love it!
Echo Vanity chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
So I'm kind of stalking your fics and I had to tell you how unique I find you. You write so many different pairings and in different genres and you write them superbly. You manage to convey so much beauty and meaning and originality in few words- such as in this fic. I love the way you write and how simply perfect it is. You create images and stories but without overdoing anything. I just find your work really amazing.
Shira Lansys chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
*is speechless*

*Still speechless*

HOW can you write something as amazing as that?

I loved it!
kci47 chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Great use of the prompt, rote, and I like the points you make about Harry being used to danger and adrenaline now!
the whole world is watching chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Oh, this was so good. It seems right that Harry is addicted to adrenaline
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I rather enjoyed that. Good job.
Minx of Lynex chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This was quite adorable. I do love a bit of cheating every now and then, especially if it's between my two favorite boys. I'm addicted to fics where Harry has Draco as a boyfriend on the side, even if they are a rare occurance. I really liked this though. That Harry had become entranced with the adrenaline rush that comes with danger. And, I must say that this situation, cheating on Ginny with Draco is quite dangerous indeed. And, I loved it! You did a great job! :)
Lisoro chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This is good ;)

But I think it will be better if you make it just a bit longer and make it into a one-shot. : )

But I like it, it's good :)
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Well, I have to say that this is really great. You may not have me completely swayed yet, but you're pretty damn close.

Anyways, I really like how you never named any of your characters and you never gave anything away until well after half-way through. It gives it just a little bit of mystery.

Harry was really great. The fact that he was addicted to adrenaline is something I've never thought of before but it just seems to /fit/.

I noticed a one thing, "And he wonders why, why is that enough reason for him" - I think that the comma should be a semi-colon because it's two sentences shoved together with a comma.

My favorite part was: "It doesn't make it right, he knows. It doesn't make it good, or noble, because it isn't. It's wrong. It's selfish. It's cruel, even." - I don't know why, just really liked this part for some reason.

Overall, I really liked this.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This was really good! I don't read a lot of Drarry, but I think you wrote it really well here. This was beautifully-written, and I didn't notice any spelling or grammar mistakes. I love how you didn't use any names in this entire thing - instead of Harry, Ginny, and Draco, it was just he, she, he. You used the prompt, cliche, and title very well, also, and especially since personally, I think 'Delphiniums' would be a bit difficult, that was really good. There was only one little thing I noticed - 'but the guy who named it got it right' - I'm pretty sure that in Great Britain, 'bloke' would probably have been used (although 'person' or 'man' would have also worked) as opposed to 'guy'. That was really minor, though, and apart from that, this was excellent. Great job!
D chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
this is so good! i generally don't like Drarry but this is perfect!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
GAH! You wrote Drarry! I love it! It was just too good for words; so I will analyze it for you.

The first paragraph, with the repetition of the words rote and routine- it's clearly the focus. That THIS is the thing that our dear Draco is breaking away from, and this is the most important thing that is dissipating.

Then further down the line we have him telling us that he's not trying to be reasonable about it. Because there isn't anything REASONABLE about love. And he hates his actions but he can't contain them, and just the fact that he can acknowledge his guilt makes it obvious that he shouldn't be feeling so down on himself. Of course, in the end he doesn't, because he continues to do what it is that he's doing- and we all know what that is.

Right here was the best part, "And Merlin, but the guy who named it got it right, didn't he? Falling in love. He has most certainly fallen. Fallen from grace, fallen from his pedestal." This is stripping Draco from his barest attributes. This is making him a better person simply because it is taking him down to the humanoid level that he'd never been part of. If Harry can do that, and that alone, then it is all the reason worth staying. Worth leaving whoever it is- Astoria or Pansy (and nice job at keeping her nameless)- because it shouldn't be the same routine he was never TOTALLY used to.

Then I like how he thinks that giving in is doing the wrong thing. To him, yes, it is the end of a world he'd so longingly striven for. And the other phrase, "It's making one person – maybe two people – happy and screwing over the rest of them." At first I wonder which ONE person is being the happy one. Harry perhaps? Or does he think that he is the happy one, and even Harry is more or less "miserable" at his decision? Good for long thinking, I can tell you that.

Selfish. Now that is a word I hoped would pop up in your Drarry fic. Because Draco has always been that little selfish prat, and now he thinks, that in the time he is being most selfless... ah well. I've already given in to that route of thinking, so I shall plow on.

"Whirlwind romance with an ex-enemy." Thank you for just describing almost every Drarry fiction ever written. But not just that. It added a touch of uniqueness to your piece in a way I can't really describe. All those crazy feelings bottled up, mixed into one. The denial and shame, the heartbreak at finding a new love (almost paradoxical), and the undeniable want to just keep whatever he has going. He can't continue down both roads, and the whole story revolves around the ideal that he will (and will always) choose Harry. Not just because that's the danger-fix he's looking for, but because he then feels actual feelings, instead of using adjectives like "dry" and "boring." Words like "whirlwind" and even "reason, addiction, etc." They're all the new words alone that are subsequently added to brighten his life on the page. And brighten his heart no doubt.

"He's not sure what he wants," deserves hearty applause. Who the does? And just because it's DRACO that's saying this- when faced with the honest to Merlin truth of Love- it makes it all the more true, and all the more realistic. Only when we're sure we've found our rock do we truly begin to stumble.

Next is that it's in losing himself that he finds the exact amount of excitement in his life. That explains why he gave in to begin with- losing his willpower. I very much appreciated that statement being said within the words. I read very closely between the lines.

Oh, your incorporation of the Delphiniums was just pure sugar! That last paragraph was everything spun out of candy and rainbows and puppies- but I digress. And just how he realizes that he can still survive even if everyone knows- and just the fact that it still hurts him in his deep-seated wounds- makes this Drarry an overall success. You didn't shy away from his hurt and his discomfort, but you came right out and said it because that's the most true thing an author can do.

And finally we have Harry. And the smell of those lovely flowers that I now have a strong connection with. How adorable is it that they met in a field of flowers? Very. But it does symbolize the heavens, as you've said, and now there, with Harry, it's really all that he needs. And he can leave routine far behind.

Honestly, if this was only HALF of what your next Drarry will be, then we will be in for the biggest shock of our life. I hope this review does justice, because all that was on my mind at the time was, "Wow."