Reviews for The Unreality
olivia chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
great work! its funny though,for i was just asking myself the same thing when it came to the ending of this movie.
daydreamer299 chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Great!
Okazaki chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Well, that was depressing. But, I suppose, in a way, the BTTF ending is really sort of depressing; at the end, Marty is technically living a life he has no memory of. Sure he gets a car, but...gah!

Still, a fairly decent take.
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Good job as usual. Although I'm not sure whether Marty would regard it as being as dramatic as all that. After all, Marty A - didn't create this world intentionally, so it's not like he did it all for his own benefit just to create his 'dream life', and B - only intervened during one week, setting his parents on a different course. But from then on, that course developed naturally. So it's not like Marty intervenes every other week to steer his family into another direction. I thus wouldn't agree with Marty that creating a world through time travel makes it less real than the world that existed pre-time travel. And I doubt that Marty would ever lose his memories of the old world entirely. And even if he would, he'd still remember that they had once been there.

Anyway, good job.
bttf4444 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This is a great story - and, like you, I also agree that Marty would remember both timelines. You did a good job of pointing out the less positive aspects for it. Even in my ficverse, Marty has the underlying belief that the new timeline was "less real" then the original timeline - the timeline that was tampered by time travel.

Had 1985 George joined Marty back in 1955, I imagine that it's be even harder for him to deal with his new timeline - even if, along with the memories of his other self, he also gained his other self's confidence. I sort of touched on that with Marty Jr, in History Repeats Itself.

At least, Marty's personality seemed to most stayed the same - although some people, include me, believe that TP Marty didn't have a problem with being called "chicken".

Anyway, good work. I enjoyed the fic. :)