Reviews for Ho'omana'o 'ana
Mari217 chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
That was excellent. Excellent. I live in NJ, 12 miles west of NYC. On 9/11 I lived in Belleville, where I grew up, a block from Newark. We saw everything from our porches. My Goddaughter, whom I raised was just 20, in college and a part time Red Cross employee in the braille dept. She was called to help at ground zero. She called me every 4 or 5 hours to check in. We sent her little sister somewhere safe (you pegged that perfectly).

Most of us ran to do what we could: donate blood; get supplies; I collected eyewash and boot replacements for the dogs working the scene, the handlers were overwhelmed and exhausted, as were the dogs.

You may not have been in NY or NJ but you captured how it was very well.

Thanks for an excellent - and emotional - story. Hugs, Mari
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I remember exactly where I was on that day...I remember the hollow surreal feeling when sitting at home that night trying to wrap my head around what happened. I used to live in NJ and work near the NYC Towers...it was just so unreal.

You did a beautiful job with this sensitive and emotionally overwhelming topic.
francis2 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I love this.
Smooth Doggie chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Nicely written, a good graphic example of how things might have been that dreadful day. I watched on the news channels from the UK where I lived at the time, crying as I watched people falling/jumping from the towers - while the journalists tried to make us believe they were bits of rubble. I was called back to work that night, a Warrant Officer in the Royal Air Force and all hell let loose - we didn't stop for a breather for another two years after that day, and we were thousands of miles from the Twin Towers on that fateful day. That day was an awful time that should never be forgotten for so many reasons. There's no room for complacency in this world and it's tragic to think of how many people have died for us to know that now. To those brave people from the Military who dealt with Bin Laden in Abattabad that day, and his cronies on a day to day basis from all corners of the globe, we salute you.
ShakespeareIsMyMuse chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
To this day, it's still a date, a memory that sends a cold shiver through my body and makes every single one of my hairs stand on end.

*Gasp*, is Danny learning to speak bird?