Reviews for The Once & Future Captain
restfulsky5 chapter 8 . 3/22
What a gem of a story! I enjoyed every minute of it. Your take on Tarsus had an originality that I loved. I don't know how I never came across it before now...but I'm thankful for the discovery. Brought tears to my eyes at times, especially this ending chapter. Thank you for sharing.
MaddiegreeN chapter 8 . 12/9/2013
Phenomenal. I love it.
uchiha-sakura193 chapter 8 . 11/18/2013
Beautiful, gut wrenching and yet with a serene sense of finality.
God, you make me cry. *sniff*
MidnightOil245 chapter 8 . 11/8/2013
Thanks for the great story. I like your portrayal of Capt Kirk. I've read so many stories where he was so deeply traumatized that he could barely function when faced with the mere memory of Tarsus. But really, if he was that messed up, Starfleet would never have let him in the command track, let alone captain a starship.

Keep up the good writing.
VectorSigma101 chapter 8 . 10/26/2013
Love this story!
Phantasmal Abduction chapter 8 . 9/20/2013
Beautifully written, you made me cry.
Lol how have I not read this before.
Excellent story :)
LucyWithoutDiamonds chapter 8 . 6/24/2013
Sometimes, when you favorite a story, you just know that there needs to be an extra-favorites list so that the exceptional doesn't get lost in the ordinary. I know I'm late at reviewing (at everything, really), but I need to tell you that you have talent, and I'm asking you: Please, use this talent to write something that changes the world.
Lucy Out.
ForgottenDreamer98 chapter 8 . 6/16/2013
Its hard finding good closure fics... you've done a great job :')

-Ace
pinazee chapter 8 . 6/6/2013
Rarely does a story make me want to cry but this got me all kinds of messed up! In a good way of course. Beautiful story. Best one ice read so far about tarsus
Calahara chapter 8 . 6/3/2013
Glorious story, but gut-wrenching. Well done
Unseen Watcher chapter 8 . 5/30/2013
Wow. I'd hoped that he made a last log. The historians that finally get ahold of all of them are going to be ecstatic.
velveteen habit chapter 8 . 5/26/2013
Damn, that was just fantastic.
lovelock8 chapter 8 . 5/2/2013
I really liked your story. Somehow, that background of dead Tarsus gave your story a unique atmosphere of melancholy, so different from the usual 'revival'. I didn't care much for Kirk/Bones relationship cause I don't think this story really needed but I didn't really mind it either. Only missing thing for me was the information about the further fate of Kodos. Did he die on the planet? If so than how? And if that wasn't the case did he escape?
atymer chapter 8 . 4/21/2013
Beautiful.
MikeL59 chapter 8 . 2/10/2013
Just when I'm ready to give up on fanfiction, I find a story like this one. The story is well-written and
the characters all rang true for the most part with the exception of the relationship between Kirk and
McCoy. Even that element of the story was well handled. This story tells you more about what makes James Kirk the compelling character that he is than anything I've seen or read before. I'm going to bookmark this story for reading over and over again. Thanks for sharing!