Reviews for Too Late
Guest chapter 3 . 8/5/2014
It's funny how you have Kate trying to turn the situation around on Castle when she's the one who's completely at fault.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/3/2014
I was willing to give this story a chance but instead of Kate just admitting that she was wrong and ask for forgivness, you have her trying to turn it back around on him and act like she has a right to get mad at him. This story SUX!
Anotherhumanbeing chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
next chapter?...
AudreyJ1 chapter 3 . 9/16/2012
Nicely written, will there be more?
sxcthing123 chapter 3 . 5/7/2012
Loving it so far! Please continue :-D
BlindAssassinUK chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
Hmmm. I'm torn. While Castle's behaviour has for the most part irked me, Beckett also drives me nuts. I wouldn't have expected him to confess his feelings for her at the hospital - in fact, when he realised that she (though, we knew better) didn't hear his words, he looked so crushed. And I understood why he took a step back. I think he was reeling.

But then time passed. And still he said nothing. And she said nothing. I think that once he heard her confession, he ought to have confronted her. All along he was giving her time to heal, to let that blasted wall come down, and by speaking to her about it, she could have reassured him that not telling him wasn't because she didn't feel the same way, but rather because she was still trying to find her way.

These two need to talk this out and then have epic door sex. This much is clear to me now.
BlindAssassinUK chapter 2 . 5/3/2012
So glad she called him out. God, how I've longed for her to do that on the show. I accept that he's hurt, but his reaction to hearing her confession has, in my very humble opinion, verged on being adolescent. And usually, I like that childlike side to him, but seeing him rock up to a crime scene with the flight attendant was cheap.

And now onto chapter 3...
jenlovesbones chapter 3 . 5/2/2012
People need to calm down. You're right... he told her, then said nothing more. I get the want to hide in your shell when you learn someone lied to you... but also, man up.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, which I kinda think you promised me would be written by now... *eyebrow waggle*

In conclusion: You made excellent points. But you know that. And I know that. And is there anyone else's opinion that actually matters? ...

Exactly. :D
Adlytam chapter 3 . 5/1/2012
Hey, you've got this great. I mean seriously Rick - you tell girl that you love her when she is bleeding to death and then - silence, nothing at all...? The first thing on my mind would be - he siad it only because of life ending situation - it wasn't real love, just a drama. So, I really like the fact that in your story KB calls his shit - and just a quick reference to the 47 sec. epi. - she is not the biggest coward in this duo. Great story!
BURN3 chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
Wow. I can't believe you had Kate put it all on Castle. What the hell does she know about adult relationships anyway? Yeah, I'm not so sure Kate isn't emotionally abusive in this. She's not the only one with trust issues. Her viciousness does NOT bode well for any possible future relationship.

Castle has done enough chasing.
vtdrew2 chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
Sucking me in...first fan fic in over a year and it had to be this good...I can honestly hear their voices and see their reactions when I'm reading the three chapters. You just had to make it too good to resist.
Aveburygirl chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
Go Kate! It takes two to cause a miscommunication and IMO they're as bad as each other! Having said that... I'm a big Beckett fan and I would love to see her rip his head off then have a lickle kissy - wissy! Lmao xoxo
Aveburygirl chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
Ghostrider chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
I see that Castle is supposed to be a mind reader now? The Kate Beckett in this story does not seem to take responsibility for her actions or rather in-action. She was asked, point-blank, several times by Castle if she remembered. She denied it .TIME.

That right there, is proof positive that she doesn't walk, but runs away from any type of emotional connection. She can fight for the dead, she's a speaker for the dead. But when it comes to the living, she can't get a word out.

All she had to do, on those swings at the park, was to say "Castle, I remember. I do but right now, I'm not in the right place to even acknowledge that you have feelings for me. There's too much going on in my life, in my mind, my body. I don't even know what I'm feeling. I need to heal myself, mentally, physically before I can even entertain your admission. Can we table it until I'm ready?"

That's all she needed to do and Castle would have gladly given her time. He gave her time these past seven months, didn't he? Without her being upfront about it, he gave her time. And in this story, this third chapter, she turns it back on him, that he's not man enough? That he has to grow up? Sorry, but maybe you should check out his record again. Married twice, first wife cheated on him and has never shown an interest in their child, whom he raised by himself. His second marriage also ended in divorce. His first love, Kyra, ran off to Europe because she 'needed space'. Sound familiar? Wasn't that the same thing Beckett said on those swings? But it's all Castle's fault. He's still acting like a child, with no worries, no insecurities while Beckett is in the right.

This Beckett? She doesn't deserve him if this is how she acts. Because this Beckett exhibits all the symptoms of the perpetrator in an abusive relationship. She can't bring herself to open up, actually talk without saying nothing. Castle is always the one who has to take the lead in that regard and if he does and she doesn't like it, he gets blasted. I'm sorry, but if that is the way your story is going to continue, then I'll have to say, thanks but no thanks. Richard Castle is better off without such a person in his life. Both sides have made mistakes. The mark of an adult is owning up to those mistakes and Beckett doesn't.
gwmclintock9 chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
Okay, I disagree with your assessment of Castle, mainly because Kate discussed how she could not be in a relationship until she closed her mother's case. To me (and Castle in seems) a declaration of love includes having a relationship, and being told that she can't have it, why should he have to explain his declaration to her? especially if she doesn't remember it? I hope you address this, and I hope Kate realizes (in your story) that anger as a defensive measure will only backfire. Castle may have the patience of a saint, but he isn't a saint by any measurement.