Reviews for The Something Borrowed Raid
Very good. One spelling error. I liked Dietrich's dilemma. Felt a little embarrassed for him.
tullyfan chapter 5 . 7/16/2016
I loved this last chapter and the last line. So here we have Troy to the rescue but this definitely again was one of Moffitt's best academy award performances both in greuber's office and at the end in the hospital. He got in some real zingers. Moffitt has learned a standard RP response after being shot, beaten, burned - "I'm fine."Dietrich had some finer moments too - shielding bader from greuber's dead body and perhaps seeing that BADER was perhaps a shorter version of dietrich himself. Moffitt's note and leaving dietrich's possessions at the end of a bloody trail and making sure dietrich's uniform properly cleaned for it's eventual return (I see another possible fan fiction story here)Troy had good lines too, by saying that Nurse Pam was a key art of the P's job security. &of course, for me, the best part was Tully's presence on watch over Moffitt both of them enjoying a fun crossword puzzle to carry over from the beginning of the story; of course Troy didn't think a crossword puzzle type. Perhaps our leader didn't perhaps appreciate Tully's intellectual abilities? To go along with blowing up things, being the best driver in north Africa, spare of word. And I bet he could throw a great javelin (which JT did do in high school in Colorado!). Great story as always. Please keep writing
tullyfan chapter 4 . 7/13/2016
Poor Moffitt wasn't sure whether he was dying or not. This lengthy scene between Moffitt and Greuber was most entertaining conversation wise. Of course I object to Tully being almost completely absent from this chapter. He's quite good at blowing things up too. He wasn't even going to get a chance to be "interrogated"by Moffitt! Moffitt trying to smoke was funny too Of course Moffitt gets another Academy Award for this chapter, as long as he seems to survive, which I think he will!
tullyfan chapter 3 . 7/12/2016
another great chapter. Another Academy Award performance by Moffitt as Dietrich. Troy seemed somewhat upset that he didn't provide the plan for this raid but once tully explained the whole of Moffitt's plan, he was mollified. Poor Tully felt like he'd been run over by a locomotive and his soon to be black eye which Hitch envied as a way to attract girls. Once again troy had his stock reply "Easy there". as Tully was feeling dizzy after being beaten outside the camp. Tully was unhappy that the Germans apparently didn't have a height requirement for their army and hence there were no German uniforms left to fit him. so he had to enter the camp as a POW. Hitch added that Dietrich didn't have to worry about his "tan lines" (which I thought was hilarious). (I think tully's lopsided grin was due to his matchstick. Tully looked pleased with his role in the upcoming plan to break out the POWs...he would get to raise "a lot of ruckus". "Tully generally looked happy whenever he got to blow things up" (my favorite line of the whole chapter!). I did read the whole story, but obviously, as usual, I focuses on "the lad's" role in all this . I'm saving the last 2 chapters for the next 2 nights. You do a great job in using all 4 of "the guys" in your stories. thank you for that.
tullyfan chapter 2 . 7/11/2016
I only have time for one chapter tonight, And this one is great! Alot of good interaction between moffitt and Tully over the former's driving skills, or lack thereof,specially since Tully was considered to be the best driver in north Africa. Moffitt then fed his" plan" to Tully in piecemeal form (I sensed a little paternalism there on the part of Moffitt but Tully didn't seem too sense it. Troy meanwhile was visibly unhappy by the fact that moffitt/Tully had not made an obvious move to rescue them yet. Both "rats" gave academy award portrayals of Dietrich and his captured POW. Moffitt treated Tully like "a piece of dirt". Moffitt gave his best performance of a German officer with "a stick up his rear!". I liked that this whole scene was largely from Tully's POV but parts from Moffitt's POV too Then the German said "this man doesn't look nearly as dangerous as his reputation would have one believe." (It's just as well that Tully didn't understand German.) Those are fighting words in Kentucky English.) Moffitt's use of his own dog tags was quite smart - definitely a moffitt move. Tully did get to spit on the ground at Moffitt's feet, which I'm sure he enjoyed. Then Tully got to bleed a little. can't wait until the next chapter!
tullyfan chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
Great 1st chapter of what I see is going to be a great multi-part story. I look at the number of chapters now. There are so many great lines and sceniorios (sp?) I hardly know where to start. Poor Hitch feels gipped by not seeing any normal features among all that sand he sees out the window. No bathing suites, no treats, no girls. Troy shoes his "even white teeth while smiling at hitch, while on the TV screen, I always thought troy looked he was baring his teeth to show his intensity. "sometimes Tully thought Moffitt was a jinx while other times he thought he was a genius." Moffitt could see that Dietrich was "obsessed" with the Rat Patrol". Dietrich demonstrated a lot of respect for Troy as the leader of the rat Patrol. This is the first fan fiction story that demonstrated that he knew the names of the 2 "other" Rat Patrollers hitch and Tully and even knew their last names. There are several fan fiction stories involving how Tully helped Dietrich after the war which I really enjoyed. The exchange of talk between Moffitt and Tully over the crossword puzzles was hilarious. Tully definitely has a "thing" about chewing on wood - matchsticks - pencils. Moffitt's mention of dromedaries and Tully's amazement that Hitch with all his fancy education wasn't able to "fly" thru the puzzles was revealing about their respective of their different back grounds. Tully also "hollers" at people but Hitch doesn't. The story of taking Dietrich's clothes was funny also, Tully didn't think Bader's clothes would fit him, he was such a "runt". The repartee among Dietrich, Moffitt and Tully was just hilarious. I can hardly wait until tomorrow for the next chapter - I have "guaranteed" stories for the next few nights that's best of all. thanks for a great story and for letting "my guy: have a major part in the action
holmeskeryn0 chapter 5 . 11/13/2013
Great story. I can so clearly see the scene in the torture room. I laugh every time I think of it. More, Please!
SupernaturalFlames chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
Great story! I loved the last line. :D Nice job and thanks for sharing it!
SupernaturalFlames chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
Wow! This story is great! The suspense is killing me (and hopefully not Moffitt too!)! Please post more soon!
HairyBallofFur chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
I LOL as I read the first chapter...I could see the situation in my mind's eye to vividly. Lucky, I was home alone otherwise the family would have thought me nuts.

Greuber...such a sick (you know what)!

I love writing like this...that you can read and loose yourself in...it is as if the words disappear and you are watching a movie with all of the characters in the story coming to life.

Such a good read...thank you for your contribution...hope to see more!
Nomad1 chapter 5 . 7/26/2012
Really enjoyed reading all your Rat Patrol stories. Hope there are more to come in future!
charlotte ruskin chapter 5 . 4/14/2012
Terrific story. I am a huge fan of your writing and you write the Rat Patrol so well it is as if I can really hear them saying what you are writng. Hopefully we will see another story soon!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
Thanks so much for such an enjoyable and satisfying story! I hate to see Moffitt get shot up yet again, but at least Troy saved him in the nick of time (as usual) and he seems to be recovering at the end.

So nice to see the Rats and Dietrich expressing mutual understanding, and mutual respect. Gentlemen, indeed.
FloatingPizza chapter 3 . 4/10/2012
I'm enjoying this quite a lot! What a scheme to get the guys into... poor Dietrich, I keep on giggling at Moffit and thinking 'Dietrich is going to kill you.' (all in humor, of course!) Please do carry on with this, I'm eager to read more!
Jake Crepeau chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
This is wonderful! We both love it, and sincerely hope you continue to update it. ;D

-Jake & Jordre