Reviews for The Judas Tree
Lozzarooni chapter 17 . 3/11/2014
Bloody brilliant from start to finish. A great plot, well developed characters and excellent writing kept me hooked from start to finish.
autume98 chapter 17 . 12/9/2013
I absolutely loved this story! You did a wonderful job in nailing the characters, the plot was interesting, there weren't a lot a grammar errors, and it was easy to follow. I am looking forward to reading your other stories as well! Thank you for putting such a wonderful story out!
Guest chapter 5 . 11/14/2013
I love this chapter. These two always had such a brilliant bond, yet it stayed strictly professional on the show. I like the way you show us how deep their friendship is, that even thought something clearly went down between them, they never stopped trusting each other. Somehow they knew they'd patch things up. My favorite line is the last one: He was still in need of life support. So great!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/14/2013
OMG - How can this be funny and serious at the same time? I adore Mac's internal musings - quipping about Stella sitting there across the room and wondering how his team would react if he coughs, not recognizing himself on the board. Humorous, yet laced with the true worry and concern that the entire team has over Mac's condition and the attack. I am also looking forward to some closure (or will it be more tension!?) with mac and Stella. And everyone is doing their best in their own way. Great chapter...
Guest chapter 3 . 11/14/2013
Hmmm... Pantone seems like a good guy - the 9/11 connection after all - but I'm getting suspicious about both of these DHS fellows... I am glad however that we have some answers as to what is going on. We still have that little plot device from Chapter 1 that Mac was supposed to commit an unsolvable murder and you haven't answered that yet either! Looking forward to a few more answers in the next chapter.
hap.e.daze chapter 2 . 11/10/2013
Again witty and serious, at the same time. Skillful writing to be able to do that! I enjoyed the potential tension between Mac and Stella that suggests why Stella left for New Orleans. Leave it to Mac to be completely incapable of acknowledging that he might actually be ill and need some help. I could feel Flack's concern and tension as he realizes how responsible he is for Mac as they're driving. Very descriptive and well-written!
hap.e.daze chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
What a gripping first chapter - Wondering how much of Mac's illness is pneumonia/bronchitis/common cold and how much is something a bit more sinister. Your writing style is witty and realistic, all at the same time, and I am looking forward to being immersed in this story.
DawnRider chapter 17 . 8/31/2013
I just love this story! Arent you gonna write any more soon? Please? Pretty please?
GeorgeAndrews chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Now that I finally have an account I just wanted to reiterate how much I loved this story, I did already review it as the guest below - Guest 3/17/13 . chapter 17 but just wanted to again as me. :)
Guest chapter 17 . 3/17/2013
This story is just the best piece of fanfiction I have ever read. Kept me guessing at every turn because I never knew what was going to happen next. Also I loved it how they'd just get out of danger and then more would turn up which always keeps a reader on their toes and keeps me interested. And Don and Mac together are just the best, most hilarious combo. Mac being so straight laced and Don being rather witty and funny. You can really imagine Mac sighing and rolling his eyes again and again at Don's antics. (Loved the t-shirt for Sid bit). You should defo write more stories about some exciting adventures they have together because your portrayal of their friendship is just how I imagine it when watching the show. You really captured all the characters' personalities perfectly. Excellent story and very well written. I have read quite a few new stories since this but I still keep thinking of how great this is so thought I should come back and review to let you know.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/1/2012
Great story - Please write another one soon!
UrbanMuse chapter 17 . 11/26/2012
Wow! I'm just so impressed. Even in the midst of a fluff-filled epilogue (which was quite nicely done by the way) you managed to stay true to your style, full of wit, picture perfect descriptions and those trademark twists and turns of yours that kept me guessing throughout!
And oh my . . . scissors, huh? Hmm. . .
Loved the brief yet impeccably accurate Adam moments throughout - I can just see him and Don during the pirate play!
And as always, you write the interplay between Mac and Do so wonderfully - full of such witty banter, near cut-throat, yet friendly, competition and barely restrained humor. I'd love to see more of that on the show.
Finally, thank you for including both Stella and Jo throughout the story - I love how you've created their friendship and would so love to see more of that. Despite their differences, they're two amazing characters that deserve more time together.
In closing, I must say your presence as an author on the site will be sorely missed. Any chance you'll reconsider your retirement? Perhaps just a short hiatus? Surely those other story ideas of yours need an outlet ;) And I expect that your true fans are a patient bunch, particularly when the rewards are of the quality that you so consistently have had to offer.
Thank you.
gluegirl56 chapter 17 . 11/26/2012
I disagree; you are great at writing fluffy things!
I wish you would reconsider about retirement but if you don't, thank you for the adventures you've posted, I really enjoyed reading them.
csinyfan28 chapter 17 . 11/24/2012
What a lovely ending to a great story! I loved the part of Mac and Jo on the beach... if that could only happen on the show but, that's only wishful thinking! Great story and you are a fantastic writer! Please don't retire from writing because people have said your upates are too slow... an update late is better than no update at all! You're such a fantastic writer and I'll be missing your work so much if you do retire :( please reconsider!
Mahala chapter 17 . 11/24/2012
I loved the whole thing! Helluva a story from one page of notes! The plot was original, the characters were well drawn, the descriptions detailed and intricate. The action scenes were awesome; there was some great humour and yes the fluff scene was fun too! (What do you mean you can't write fluff? You can write anything!) Please don't retire! Let us have some more stories even if they're infrequent or just one-shots. But I know how life can be and if you can't you can't but thank you so much for sharing your stories with us. They were great!