Reviews for AmeMite II: The Seven Mysteries
Kelsey Pearl chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
Cliff hangers make me want to claw my eyes out.

I loved this chapter, of course. I am really excited to see where this is heading! :) Your an amazing author, and I can't wait for the next update. Good luck!

-Ai
PatientNumber10 chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
On the second paragraph I read "The LUNAR PRIESTESS..." then I was like what? I thought this lifetime was some sort of vacation for them. I was actually going to rant about your inconsistency but after a while I thought that maybe that they still don't know its a vacation? That must be it, I told myself. So sorry for doubting you. :D

And I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but it got pushed back a little. About Otoha. Do Himeko and Chikane remember the original Otoha and compare your Otoha to latter? Like thinking how amusing-well, Chikane excluded, since Otoha here is antagonizing Himeko-it was to find someone from a former lifetime? Did I miss some sort of reaction in chapter one? I miss things when I read, unfortunately. They must be shoved into my face before I see them clearly. XD

And gah, cliffhangers again. I hope Himeko doesn't faint. It would be sappy and, and... lame. And predictable? And so, uneventful? Although I think my anticipated reaction would more uneventful than a faint scene...

Anyways, I shall be waiting for the update.
Akiyamayume chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
Hmmmm?

It's the event from the first ep of anime, manga right?

I wonder what her reaction will be... Pained? Tearful eyes?

Anyway, can't wait for your next update!
Blaise Night chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
What! what was her reaction! someone tell me...
Yuki chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
MOAR! I want moar story nao!
anaile93 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
I belive I must say FINALLY¡ I have been waiting for this since you ended Red String because you said (or writed XD)you would continue the saga. Leaving the fangirl squealing at side Im really liking the plot you are hinting for this sequel, it will be real fun seeing himeko working along with the "fangils queen" Otoha in order to unveil the schools seven mysteries wich Im pretty sure have high possibilities of been real or caused by some incident related to ame no murakumo, considering the place we are talking about, Im also looking forward to Alice and Sayas relationship development and how they are going to deal with sayas parents, himeko and chikanes interaction as well as their personalities totally heartwarming and in canon as always, Im anxious for knowing what is going to happen on the Himemiyas "casual" diner party.

I guess you have giving me a new reason for expecting thursdays other than being the day before fridays arrival
Blaise Night chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
nicely done!
MissGardenia chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Yay, it continues!

Well, uh, at least she has no way of carrying around your head in a bag during the Bad End worlds? *laughs*

The whole seven mysteries thing really is common in Japanese school culture, isn't it? I doubt you played it, but it even shows up in Fate/EXTRA. (Of course, since it's part of the Fate setting...ish, naturally the mysteries are real.)

I really, really love Kensai!Himeko. I have the mental image that once her fitness level gets up to snuff, she'd be even better than Chikane. (Although Chikane would still be Archery club Captain, competent with a tanto, and so on. Probably Naginatas and horseback riding too, knowing her.)
Hotaka chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Hola, No tuve tiempo de leer tu historia durante el día Jueves, fue un día bastante agitado, pero recordé desde la mañana que publicarías una nueva historia así que deseaba terminar con mis deberes y dedicarme un 100% a leer el primer capítulo de la continuación de una gran historia. En pocas palabras, me encantó, porque hubo situaciones donde se manifiesta ese aire protector de Chikane con Himeko que llega incluso a amenazar casi de "muerte" como lo explicó Himeko (me gusta esos detalles donde describes pequeños gustos de su vida, en este caso, la lectura de mangas).

También me agradó la escena de Nanase Saya, ya que estuvo ausente en "Red String" con Otoha y con su novia Alice.

Finalizando con la vida cotidiana de la familia Kurusugawa y que la definición de "casual" no es igual que los Himemiyas xD

Por cierto esa imagen de Chikane en vestido de novia, fue tan.. ahhh como decirlo, lindo.

Como siempre sigues manteniendo el canon de los personajes principales de KnM agregando personajes que ayuden a crear una magnifica historia.

Ahora, me pregunto, ¿qué pasará con la asignación de Himeko y Otoha? eso será divertido de leer, también de la cena y el descubrimiento de los 7 misterios. Estaré deseando que lleguen pronto los días Jueves, al igual como lo fue con KnM no Shimai

Saludos

PD: Perdón por escribir el comentario en español, pero ya sabes mi nivel de inglés es bajo.
MaddiOtaku chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
YEAH! A other KnM story by DezoPenguin! _ And it's off to a good start! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
DezoPeeeeeeeeeenguiiiiiiin! I love your GrimGrimoire works and when I had some KnM cravings, I always (re)read yours and they never get old. I'm really excited to read a continuation of your KnM stories. Something about the way you write these two lovebirds interacting with each other just warms my heart.
Fuyu no Sora chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
*Insert ultra-epic-mega blush in here, please*

That's really nice of you to say, Dezo, but you shouldn't give me so much credit. / Although I'm glad I actually managed to help you keep going and am rather happy I can be of some use on occasion!

Onto the actual review now, though.

I liked that the intro was Chikane reflecting on her so-called selfishness. It's consistent with that part of her personality that constantly hounds her with her mistakes and rubs in her face the bad parts of her personality. It's a good thing she's slowly but surely managing to control it. The way she handled the fangirls was, by the way, quite fun. I did wonder if she was actually implying she would push Otoha (I laughed at her name when she was first mentioned in chapter 2 of AmeMite: Red String, by the way. The sheer irony of the implications is incredibly amusing.)down the stairs and thought it showed nicely how Chikane can still be threatening yet protective of Himeko while remaining polite, even if she lacked subtlety. The "She let the mask drop, then, her expression reflecting exactly what she was feeling." was also great; I suspect her face must have been terrifying to behold at that moment, and I wish I could have seen it. Though on second thought, maybe not, since I probably would have been scared. I also loved Himeko's reaction to Chikane's methods, getting all nervous and worried *for the people who were bullying her!* I swear, your characterization of them manages to pin their personalities down exactly and develop them in ways that could easily fit canonically. Chikane's protectiveness over Himeko making her go to the extreme of threatening someone is reminiscent of the "lingering shadow of Yamata no Orochi's Eighth Neck" as was mentioned in Red String, while Himeko worrying about the girls that were being mean to her just reflects her big, golden heart. Undoubtedly, this is one of the reasons Chikane loves her. Speaking of which, I suspect that our beloved Lunar Priestess has really toned it down since her past lives, since I think that if it were KnM!Chikane in this situation (secure in the knowledge that Himeko truly, really loves her, them being girlfriends and openly dating) Otoha and her clique would have really found themselves in the hospital...or worse.

"Himeko, on the other hand, was sure and wasn't happy about it." I also thought this was a nice touch. Again, Himeko feeling bad for the people that were bullying her was to be expected, but I think it was a very nice touch to have her chide Chikane a bit for her threats. She clearly realizes, though, that Chikane *is* getting better, since she acknowledges that her lover would have done worse two lifetimes or so ago. Himeko indirectly calling Chikane a yandere was hilarious, by the way, especially with the latter wincing more each time until she facepalmed and groaned, since it described her to a T. *snicker* Himeko didn't give up her rights to tease her about their first fully-remembered life indeed. Though this is a good thing, too, since it means that she's comfortable with those memories and comfortable in her relationship.

(You know, I still wonder about the incident that Arrow mentioned back in Red String. The one where Chikane made it impossible for "some stupid bitch" to exist at school when she spread rumors about Alice for being Canadian? What exactly did she mean by that? Did she make everyone ignore her or what? I'm very curious! p)

Now this is funny. Otoha is completely and fully smitten with Saya (I suspect she puts up a bit of a mask, like Chikane does. You did mention she was more relaxed around friends.) what with feeling that they were alone in the room and her earlier thoughts... My, my, I do think Queen Fangirl will have a harsh realization soon enough. Ah, so that's why the story is called The Seven Mysteries. I was curious! Oh, yes, also something that caught my attention: Seeing as there are third-year students in the Kendo team and the Newspaper Club, is it normal that second-years are their chiefs? With Chikane it could be rationalized in that she can easily beat the entire team in a real fight without so much as breaking a sweat, but as for Saya... maybe I can't see it because her character hasn't been developed that much yet. Still, I'm very much liking your OCs and their interactions not only with each other but with the Kannazuki leads and can't wait to see their storylines developed. *snicker* So Otoha will have to work with Himeko to unravel the truth behind the seven mysteries, eh? Oh, destiny has a sense of humor all right; and it seems she's having a torrid love affair with irony, since they seem to team up oh so often. Ha!

*sigh* I'm disliking Saya's parents more and more as I read on about them. Ugh, seriously, thinking of dropping the Himemiyas socially because they support their lesbian daughter? Nice. If they find out about Saya, I really don't want to know what will happen. I really don't understand how people can be so small-minded. Loved Alice's comments on how the Nanases didn't have the guts to try and sway the community in their favor, ha. On the other hand, Arrow's father's response to the situation was interesting. Alice is right in saying that it's because he's a priest that his reaction is a tad more surprising, seeing that religious preachers in general tend to be one of the bastions of conservatives. Arrow's line of "My dad's cool like that." made me chuckle; even though they have their differences she clearly respects her father. Hm, irony indeed when the only girl of the group who's not seeing another girl and who's actually straight is suspected of being gay. It's sad that even today someone's behavior will immediately get them pegged with such labels.

Oh, hey, some insight on Himeko's parents! It's things like these which flesh out characters, after all. Random little details like those give us information on the characters without taking up much space. It's also funny in the way it was presented, though now I'm getting ideas about how Eiko could punish her husband if he did something foolish. Instead of him getting the couch, he could get a soba plate for dinner! *snickers* Poor Himeko, having to work with Otoha for the Newspaper Club's story on The Seven Mysteries. Um... not to be mean, but would Himeko even know how to exorcise a ghost or spirit? She hasn't had to do something like that in the lives we've seen so far, so I'm wondering if it would be sort of like the ritual, in which the memory of how to perform an exorcism would come back to them? Hm, the Solar and Lunar Priestesses, miko of Ame no Murakumo, God of Swords, teaming up to kick butt against normal kendo students... yeah, good luck trying to beat them. Ototachibana Academy is almost guaranteed to be ranked number 1 nationally, unless something happens to Himeko and/or Chikane. Since Himeko has baseball rules memorized, I assume they often watch the games as a family. Does Himeko's mother like baseball, too?

Say, I was reminded of something due to re-reading chapter 8 of Red String and now Himeko's comments on having beaten Oomori Naomi: Are the Himemiyas and Kurusugawas ever going to know that the priestesses Mahoroba's legend are their respective daughters? Judging by Hayate's comments in Red String, since she didn't mention being told that Chikane is the Lunar Priestess, I'm working under the assumption that while the Himemiyas know of the legend of Ame no Murakumo and Yamata no Orochi, they're not aware they birthed one of the god's miko. The Kurusugawas wouldn't even know *that* seeing as they just moved into town and the legend is strictly one from Mahoroba, if I recall correctly. It would be interesting, in any case, to see their reaction if they were ever to find out.

Himeko's thoughts of the Himemiyas wanting to build a relationship with the Kurusugawas because they'll be in-laws in the future was also laughter-inducing. I really think that if this was mentioned to Eiko, the poor woman would faint on the spot!

Oh, I also noticed that the names of the stories are really appropriate, what with Red String being about Himeko and Chikane's reunion and the Red String of Fate that will always tie them together, and now "The Seven Mysteries" is appropriate because the story will revolve around the mysteries of the academy. I sense lots of fun in the nearby future, ke ke ke. _

That's all from me for now. I'll be (impatiently) waiting for the second chapter! _
Avarenda chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Yay, more KnM fics! You write the best ones.
Kelsey Pearl chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I love this, of course. Your like the leader of this ship on the site. I can't wait for the next update! :)
Honulicious chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Oh wow a sequel. Well I hope himeko will be ok with th ists and that there won't be a hugse curse or something. And I hope she doesn't get beaten up by otoha.

I'm glad u kept all the characters. Poor saya has chikane's old life...ha ha how ironic.
137 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »