Reviews for Dying Humanely
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Onyx's death was quite confusing, until later chapters in Tears of Blood...but wow...that's one way to go...
Personally, that's the way I would choose to go. I would do it my way. I wouldn't wait for someone to do it for me...wait possibly endless hours in anguish, as they slowly torture me. Suicide...that would be the easy way out for me in the Games...but hopefully things will NEVER come to that
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Aww, such a sweet ending! I'm glad all the characters that die get to die happy, and go on in death happy :))

And Jamie is really annoying me, he deserved what he got when Mason punched him in the cheek!
FanaticForever chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Holy god this was good. I loved Onyx
AudreyAnn chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Oh, thanks for writing this. It really helps to see Onyx's mind before Hyre found her. First, well played with dropping hints early about Sven the creepy stylist. I remember him from the interviews! An attack like that right before the Games would disorient anyone. The author had always seemed to hint at the brittle core under the layers of attitude, and I think starting the Games so stripped of confidence hurt; after that she was probably desperate to kill Maia and feel normal. Failing to do that probably made things worse and got her off her game. I get a better feel for her feeling defeated early but still think she should have found a more practical opportunity to sacrifice herself for Hyre if she wanted him to win. (I wondered if Hyre being disgusted had an effect on her viewing herself as a monster, which this chapter supports.) Making him kill her was a seriously twisted thing to do to a loved one. Liked having Mason's POV in there because it felt like me going 'What? But she trained so hard! I don't get it!' Also liked Hyre's twin getting decked. Not sure Hyre/Onyx is epic love, but hey they're teenagers. Reading this gave me a better handle on Onyx's end, but I still think it should've been more sacrifice and less suicide.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Hyre said he loved her, but then in his death chapter said he kissed her because he didn't want to die without kissing a girl. Confused?
Alexa S. Blaze chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
This was a sweet chapter. I like how Sven was what made Onyx so out of her Game - that was a cool twist. And the flashback to back home at the end was cool :3

Great writing, too! I could really feel Onyx's emotions throughout the whole thing. And the letter was sweet. While I think it was the right choice for Hyre to burn it, I wish Mason could've seen it.

I still find it kind of strange that she was all excited about killing Claus, and then she didn't want to be a "monster" all of a sudden. But with her internal thoughts in here, it made a lot more sense, although it was still strange :P and I liked the effect that had on the District. Keep up the great work!
Fire Consumes Everything chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Onyx? DIE? what backwards world do we live in? MRSLUKECASTELLAN THAT WAS AMAZING! but Onyx? die? in the blood bath? a CAREER everyone liked? What true sense does this make?
TreeTopSpot chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Hello! That was REALLY good! honestly! i was a little bit confused of why Onyx died? She was truly the logical choice to win.
Dark Cresent99 chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Well that was really depressing and good! Though a lot of factors showed me that Onyx should of won.

1.) skilled

2.) 10 training score

3.) everyone liked her

but oh well! Great job mrslukecastellan. Its a ashamed that you were banned...
TBL- The Ring Leader chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Awhhh... That made me really sad! Good Job Mrslukecastellan!You know what's confused me? Onyx was lime really really good and had like the highest training score but yet she died? i don't understand that. i really thought she would win! :(
vgwwvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
That was so sad, but the ending was sweet.
shuckyoushank chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This story is just so sweet :') Onyx is one of my favorite tributes and I'm really sad that she died. Thank you for including that letter tho. I was dying to find out. This is a really great job!
NeXME chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Do this for me, kill Jaime, I don't care when, I don't care how, just kill him. Thanks, this helped me understand a confusing death!
BB-chan chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Aww I'm almost crying at this, seriously. Onyx's death was so sad in Tears of Blood but now it's really heartbreaking. Jamie is such an ass-hole! Grr I wanna kill him. Shame Hyre never got to read te note Onyx wrote to him but I don't know if it would have been better if he had. :D
Frostbloom chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
I was so relieved to find out what was on the letter!

Jaime really did deserve that. HAHA!

Sorry, I had sugary cereal.