Reviews for First Steps
My Lunatic Crow chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
This is so nice!
Colbie Caprice chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
It really was a beautiful one-shot :) I loved the end!
Yuki082 chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I can't even handle this. Perfect.
-Yuki
QueenPersephoneofHades chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Absolutely brilliant! I love all the brotherly fluff in this! It's so ADORABLE! I love seeing poor Gaara all insecure about what to do, and I love how Kankuro is willing to forgive and forget!
morningdawn202 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
So I think I just read all your gaara/kankuro stories in one stretch... Phew. Loved them all of course please keep writing!
Purestrongpoem chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Great story.
lorry chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
hey whats up nice fafic it was ok though i will prbly read ya other ones to :) XD X; XD
SSSSSSMMMMMMMMMIIIIIILLLLLLL LEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
FFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCC CCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS SSSS! SMILEY FACES whats it says
Hanna chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
. ! Gaara and Kankuro3 Well written, I enjoyed much reading it. Thank you.
Kitsune1978 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Ah, love your way of describing Sand sibs relationships. Good job.
InoShikaChou chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I like how you wrote the brothers, especially how Gaara is actively pursuing a bond with Kankuro and that there's a little more behind it than Naruto. It's sad that we'll probably never see this happen in canon. This is a nice insight into Gaara's thoughts and feelings, how timid he is about reaching out to other people. It really makes him seem less cold and indifferent.

I liked their talk about masks too. And I liked Gaara's surprise when Kankuro told him what was really bothering him. He never seems to understand how much Kankuro cares about him. It's nice to read about them growing closer and Gaara easily thinking of Kankuro as his brother.
a fan of the darkest hour chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Hello. I haven't registered in and didn't know where else I could send a message to you, so I put this here. I wanted to ask if you could put your other fic, Darkest Hour, back on. I started to read it some time ago and really liked it, but you deleted it before I could read all of it, so could you please put it back, even if you're not going to finish it? It was so great and I can't bear the thought of not knowing what happened after chapter 8...
Mystical Sand chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This was really sweet. It's nice to see Gaara taking what he learned from Naruto and applying those lessons to his own family. I like how he thought of Kimimaro and Lee also. And that he's unsure if Kankuro will accept him as a brother, how it echoes back to what he said at the beginning of the series.

This is a different side to his character than we've really seen in the anime and manga. I like how you wrote him in this in-between stage. He's still trying to gain acceptance and finding out what it means to bond with other people. It's interesting to think of how he got to the point he's at in the beginning of part two from where he was even at the end of the Sasuke retrieval arc.

I love how Kankuro is the one he's taking this chance on. Gaara really has no idea how much his brother loves him, how much he's always loved him despite everything. I like how he made such a big deal of going into Kankuro's room only to be invited in. And the last image of the chakra purring and Gaara watching his brother draw is adorable.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
This story is so canon it hurts. ;p I wanted Gaara to take bigger steps forward, but he really can't. Especially since he had the misapprehension that Kankuro hated him or didn't like him. It's incredibly hard to remain in the same room with someone you love that you think is going to hurt you. Gaara really offered to commit emotional suicide to see if he could make Kankuro feel better. After all, if Kankuro hadn't responded, Gaara would have been crushed.

That said, luckily it's Kankuro, and we all know Kankuro cares. So Gaara's attempts to connect are rewarded. It would be interesting to have a second part to this story in which you tell it from Kankuro's POV, so we can see what happened inside of Kankuro. I'd like to know that.

I love how you're able to portray Gaara as logic-driven and feelings-driven at the same time. You really paint a good picture of Gaara's inner workings. He has feelings he can't ignore, but he has to process what to do about it logically. That's totally his split Rational/Idealist type showing. He can't ignore his feelings or his need for reasons - they have to go hand in hand. Otherwise, he gets stymied.

Which I imagine is how he manages to get stuck during six years of his life. Especially since Shukaku is very active.

I love the effortless way you portray them as living, breathing children, too.

Awesome story.
Pheonix09 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Awww cute, I loved it and awesome job but you should make a hurt/comfort one for these two
MidniteCurse4Eternity chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Yay! Another Gaara and Kankuro story.

I like this. A lot.

I really liked how you personified Kankuro's chakra as catlike.

And Gaara being hesitant to walk into Kankuro's room made me smile. The ending was super cute. Made me feel all happy inside. hehe

Gaara and Kankuro laying side by side. Brotherly love. 3