Reviews for Midnight
sleepy queens chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
This was really interesting
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Ouch. Bitter and believable.
BetterNotStumble chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Absolutely stellar. Realistic in every sense, and every character is spot on- especially Ginny(cruel little...).

Writing style is grand.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This is so insanely fantastic. It's super /powerful/, and it's a gorgeous look at a possible post-war Pansy.

Some of my favorite lines:
-the last one :D
-the bit about Luna
-"What is vanity now, when people throw tomatoes at you in public?"
-"Except your clock is digital, so there is nothing to prove that time is passing but the glare of the red numbers, and the hoot of your hungry owl, and the salty taste of tears you have long since stopped crying."
-"Too bad you're not on the list."
-too many to list here or I'd wind up quoting the whole thing. Seriously, I was reading through and going, "Oooo, that was cool!" the whole time.

Lovely oneshot. Absolutely gorgeous (and not in a sarcastic, Mad-Eye sense, either :D).
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
This is very nicely done.
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I actually really like the picture you have for this. It's a really good picture and fits really well. :)

This was really cool how you incorporated the clock into it. It fits very well. It's also interesting seeing her point of view of her life after the war, I never really thought about it much.

Your score has been recorded. [ yup.
Midnight and Magic chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
First things first, your summary. I usually don't give inputs about summaries buy wow. It was good and even though I hate Pansy, I wanted to read it! It was a short summary but would make someone read. (I suck at summaries so thumbs up to you)!

Second, I feel since you used 2nd person it had more of an emotional feel to it.

I honestly don't have any nitpicks because your detail and wording was amazing! Wonderfully written but not overly detailed to the point it was annoying.

Thirdly, I really dislike pansy as I stated above but like I said, this fanfic being in 2nd person really made me feel bad for her. The whole setting with the clock was fantastic!

-GREAT JOB! Just from this, I might go through your other works. Really liked the writing. :)
Ralinde chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Wow, wonderful how you made the clock 'tick' away in this story. You've described Pansy very well and it's great that you've done so in 2nd person POV, which is rather hard to write. I loved the 'noon' part, that was rather confronting and summed it up very nicely.

One comment: Pansy was a seventh year, not a sixth year, during the Battle for Hogwarts, since she was in the same year as Draco, Harry etc.

And one question, since I'm not overly familiar with the non-metric measuring-system: How big would a '500 square feet' apartment be in square meters? I don't think it would be a lot, but still, I'd like to know, just for reference :P
wild-and-whirling-words chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This is really powerful stuff here. I am not a great fan of Pansy but the way you described her situation, it was really sad and it did make me feel sorry for her. The imagery of the time throughout was wonderful, just...great :)
MadHatterBellatrix10 chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Aww I feel so bad for her now. I always wondered what happened to her afterwards. You did a really good job of her character I think, and the hours passing by make it interesting. At first I thought this was about her losing Draco to Astoria. But I like it this way, great story!
OceanicWords chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I am speechless. I'd never given much thought to Pansy and how her life would have been after the war, mainly because she just wasn't that big of a character, but this really opened my eyes. From what I can see you had her perfectly in character, and I love how you included the Heroes. Great job :)
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
You really gave a wonderful insight into Pansy's head. And you gave her human feelings that worked well with her character.

I liked how she still values her Slytherin-ness even after her side lost. And it's rather sad that she wasn't there when her brother was killed. Well, more like heartbreaking.

Overall, lovely
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Wow. Just wow. That. Was. Amazing. This is an amazing story, on that holds so much in it, and I adore it completely.

"Except your clock is digital, so there is nothing to prove that time is passing but the glare of the red numbers, and the hoot of your hungry owl, and the salty taste of tears you have long since stopped crying." That line is beautiful. It outlines so much about the story in general, and just the picture it paints is lovely.

"Except Slytherins aren't heroes, because to be a hero you have to be brave to the point of stupidity, and that is something you will never, never be able to do." Another one of my favorites. I think you defined being a Slytherin very well in this story. The part about the house teaching them to only look out for themselves too.

I really liked the addition of Paul. It kept Pansy humanoid that she would be terrified for him as well; but even just herself being terrified is perfect, because that's just the kind of person she is, and her admitting it (even if it's just to herself) is lovely. In the same paragraph, the word "fleeing," I really enjoyed in context, and I really can't say why.

"Serving the people who burned your world to ashes with a smile?" I believe Pansy does deserve a "second chance." I feel utterly terrible for her. I am so glad you wrote this from such a realistic point of view. Draco may have ended up fine, with a wife and son, and many of the other Slytherins may have recovered. But that's not always the case. Glad you wrote this perspective.

This also makes me really angry at Ginny. How rude.

The last paragraphs were fantastic and everything great. They wrapped the whole story up without repeating anything and it was a great read. Also, I love how you set it up with the times as the backbone for the story, and you kept how her life was concurrent with the story. Very, very well done! A thousand kudos.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I never really thought about her after the war so thanks for writing this. I loved the way it flowed following the clock. I have read a lot of fics and almost none of them have Pansy anywhere approaching human.

Good Job
StellaMarieee chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I almost overlooked this, but the summary caught my attention. I'm really glad I didn't, because this is great. I've always sort of understood why Pansy did what she did, no matter how stupid it was. She was just trying to save herself, isn't that what all (most) Slytherins do? I'll say it again, this is great.