Reviews for After the Ashes
CrlkSeasons chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
"His ship. Her mission ... Command. Control ,,, What would Janeway do? No. Harry knew the answer to that. What would Tom do? A slow, devious smile spread on Harry's face." I am thoroughly enjoying watching Tom find his footing as Captain.
"A wonderful thing, greed. Gets you every time ... Follow the money." A glimmer appears in the distance. I leave plot developments in your very capable hands. I would only like to suggest, with my tongue somewhere in my cheek, that since successful diplomats and used shuttlecraft salesmen appear to be cut from the same cloth, the fact that Tom knows so much about every kind of shuttlecraft and would make an excellent used shuttlecraft salesman might make him a prime candidate for appointment to future negotiations with the Ferengi.
TheNaggingCube chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Oh my what an interesting turn of events and persons appearing.

Please hurry with the next chapter, I am very interested in what happens next.
winjan chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Grrrrr, a cliffhanger, what did Janeway find out? So it is the Orions, looking forward to see how Tom solve this issue
antra chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Never thought the anomaly would be good for something else other then a convenient hiding space.

Emergency. She said emergency. How do I manufacture an emergency?' Fortunately, that question was immediately wiped out by a quick, almost imperceptible headshake: 'No, Paris, you're the Captain now. Be responsible. You need to be responsible.'
I had to grin at that
angelscatie chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Great chapter until the cliff hanger at the end. I can't wait to see the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
Runawaymetaphor chapter 10 . 6/28/2012
"She kicked the weapon away from him before picking it up and training it on their would-be captor.

"He must have found the power flux capacitor," she commented drily. "
. . .

A robust chapter, teeming with action and darkness. But on the passage above, I will note that had Brannon Braga and his minions displayed half of your talent for smart-assery . . . we would still be getting non-prequel movies. ;-)
Nana Evans chapter 10 . 6/25/2012
"No. No, actually, I don't. I doubt that whoever is down there is playing for anyone but themselves, and they probably are playing you for all you're worth."

I smell Feregui... playing both sides sounds just like their kind of thing (although Romulans could do it too). But there's so much latinun involved that I can't help but think of those little ugly guys.

Oh, and I loved the way Janeway handled the interrogation. I could actually see the scene unfold before my eyes.

waiting for the next one!
beautyofsorrow chapter 10 . 6/25/2012
"Harry tried to suppress his very keen, very present understanding of the fact that what they were watching were the last moments of Crewman Adil Chowdhury."

It's comforting to know that Voyager's keen sense of family and individual loss hasn't lessened with its return to the Alpha Quadrant and abundant officer "replacements."
ME chapter 10 . 6/24/2012
Oh, this was superb! You're twisting this story in so many directions I'm close to loosing my head, love it! And so many thanks for "putting more Janeway" in this part. I so much enjoyed reading this. Big thanks and thumps up!
angelscatie chapter 10 . 6/23/2012
Great chapter. I like how Janeway interviewed the suspect. I also liked how you had Tom's group subdue their suspect. I can't wait to see what happens to the aide. Keep up the good work.
antra chapter 10 . 6/23/2012
Interesting developements on both sides of the war.

And I loved Tom's reaction...
CrlkSeasons chapter 10 . 6/23/2012
So many intrigues playing out -"whoever is ... playing both sides, - she seemed ... playing for his side for the time being, - it is what he thought the ... man knew". I loved Tom's ploy with the lights.

I'm glad that you included Kathryn's conflict over her actions during the interrogation of Noah Lessing. Experiences like that shouldn't fade into memory just because they made it back to the Alpha quadrant.

I was struck again by how Farqoth's speeches about Talar have more to do with realities that have been created from those events than they have to do with the identities of the real victims. Their real identities - their loves, their hates, their families, their laughter - all of these have been discarded so that they can be turned into icons for someone else's cause. Farqoth and those who use him are absolutely chilling in their twisted use of humanity to serve inhumanity.

You again moved the plot along and still included so many ideas and character insights in your chapter.
MeredithBrody chapter 10 . 6/23/2012
Oooooooh this is getting tense! I'm all intrigued! I can't wait for the next chapter now.
ME chapter 9 . 6/19/2012
ohooooo, now it's getting reeeeeeally interesting. Though I would like to read more of Janeway, so far you could have just put it under Paris, as Janeway hasn't a bigger part in the story as B'Ellana, Picard, Harry or all the others ...
waffenmac chapter 8 . 6/18/2012
Great personal moment with the marshal and Tom on the flier.
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »