Reviews for After the Ashes
angelscatie chapter 12 . 7/16/2012
Great chapter like usual. At least one of the warring planets realized they needed Starfleets help. Can't wait to see what us coming next.
Runawaymetaphor chapter 12 . 7/16/2012
"And as the final part of his calculations, Naldar had counted on the Federation to make happen for him what direct efforts had failed to achieve - all without once tipping his hand to anyone except, Kathryn suspected, a very small number of his inner circle. In the meantime, Karon for his part was guilty of deliberate, willful blindness – allowing the habit of war to obscure a vision of a future in which both worlds were doomed, and refusing early peace overtures that might have saved a third of his people in the short term, and all of them in the long.

What was it with politicians …?"

Babe, that is the most crushing thing you've ever written. For reasons of truth I have not the space to go into here. But on a lighter note? The scene below is now on top ten list of Fun S- Alpha Wrote...

""Free for all," he muttered to himself barely concealing an eager grin. Lieutenant Commander Harry Kim, First Officer of the USS Voyager, in his first solo fire fight. Good thing his mother wasn't aware of what he was doing – she would doubtless send Tom Paris a nasty comm."

You've come along way, Harry Kim.
Runawaymetaphor chapter 11 . 7/12/2012
"Nacheyev was right: the man was a natural diplomat. Who was it that had said, 'a diplomat is one who can cut his neighbour's throat without having his neighbour noticing'? Kathryn braced herself as Tom engaged."

I assume you know all the jokes I would like to make about both this and your fondness of for that particular Lie quote. So. . . Fill them in here.

:-)
waffenmac chapter 11 . 7/9/2012
damn a cliffhanger great chapter too
snow6835 chapter 11 . 7/8/2012
Real life has impeded on my ability to delve too deeply into thinking what the game changer could be. So I shall eagerly await what the next chapter brings in explaining the many layers being built. Great job as always and love love love that Tom's way of thinking is rubbing off on others under his command!
beautyofsorrow chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
"Tom's eyes flew up, then narrowed before he shook his head again, this time in silent admiration. He should have known there'd be a price to pay for wringing a concession out of the admiral … Much later, he would tell his wife in the privacy of their quarters: And just like that, Bee, she remembered – she's still the Queen."

These sentences... they remind me why I find myself teetering between admiration and disgust when it comes to Janeway, and why I so often fall to the disgust side. She really needs to meet her match and fall a couple notches. One of these days.

(Dax holds up trash can lid to shield any oncoming missiles.)

ANYWAY. Great chapter! Seeing as I'm politically incompetent and terrible at following plots, I'm looking forward to the reveal!
CrlkSeasons chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
"His ship. Her mission ... Command. Control ,,, What would Janeway do? No. Harry knew the answer to that. What would Tom do? A slow, devious smile spread on Harry's face." I am thoroughly enjoying watching Tom find his footing as Captain.
"A wonderful thing, greed. Gets you every time ... Follow the money." A glimmer appears in the distance. I leave plot developments in your very capable hands. I would only like to suggest, with my tongue somewhere in my cheek, that since successful diplomats and used shuttlecraft salesmen appear to be cut from the same cloth, the fact that Tom knows so much about every kind of shuttlecraft and would make an excellent used shuttlecraft salesman might make him a prime candidate for appointment to future negotiations with the Ferengi.
TheNaggingCube chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Oh my what an interesting turn of events and persons appearing.

Please hurry with the next chapter, I am very interested in what happens next.
winjan chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Grrrrr, a cliffhanger, what did Janeway find out? So it is the Orions, looking forward to see how Tom solve this issue
antra chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Never thought the anomaly would be good for something else other then a convenient hiding space.

Emergency. She said emergency. How do I manufacture an emergency?' Fortunately, that question was immediately wiped out by a quick, almost imperceptible headshake: 'No, Paris, you're the Captain now. Be responsible. You need to be responsible.'
I had to grin at that
angelscatie chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Great chapter until the cliff hanger at the end. I can't wait to see the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
Runawaymetaphor chapter 10 . 6/28/2012
"She kicked the weapon away from him before picking it up and training it on their would-be captor.

"He must have found the power flux capacitor," she commented drily. "
. . .

A robust chapter, teeming with action and darkness. But on the passage above, I will note that had Brannon Braga and his minions displayed half of your talent for smart-assery . . . we would still be getting non-prequel movies. ;-)
Nana Evans chapter 10 . 6/25/2012
"No. No, actually, I don't. I doubt that whoever is down there is playing for anyone but themselves, and they probably are playing you for all you're worth."

I smell Feregui... playing both sides sounds just like their kind of thing (although Romulans could do it too). But there's so much latinun involved that I can't help but think of those little ugly guys.

Oh, and I loved the way Janeway handled the interrogation. I could actually see the scene unfold before my eyes.

waiting for the next one!
beautyofsorrow chapter 10 . 6/25/2012
"Harry tried to suppress his very keen, very present understanding of the fact that what they were watching were the last moments of Crewman Adil Chowdhury."

It's comforting to know that Voyager's keen sense of family and individual loss hasn't lessened with its return to the Alpha Quadrant and abundant officer "replacements."
ME chapter 10 . 6/24/2012
Oh, this was superb! You're twisting this story in so many directions I'm close to loosing my head, love it! And so many thanks for "putting more Janeway" in this part. I so much enjoyed reading this. Big thanks and thumps up!
172 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »